F104-S 'ASA' and its Flares/Chaff dilema.

Nicholas_Concu

Best answer

Fixed

Fixed.png

4 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

4 AIM-9Ls are more than sufficient for top tier. The F-104S was give 9Js on the link between Turkish F-104S for balance reasons. The same does not apply to the ASA as it has the 9L. Which is more than ok for top tier.

It's not possible to have the cannon and Aspides.

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Do we have any news regarding the Radar issue?

Edited by S__bastienZ88
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
1 hour ago, Smin1080p said:

Right now a combination with AIM-9B is not being considered as it would be fairly redundant at the very top BR

I disagree with the redundancy claim, having the additional AIM-9Bs on the aircraft can be useful in a couple of ways:

1. Having a loadout with both AIM-9Bs and AIM-9Ls will allow ASA players to fake out people with the AIM-9Bs causing them to dump flares and sacrafice energy fearing the missile might be a potent one.
  2. You could use the additional AIM-9Bs to get a couple of AI kills to lessen ticket drain and get some extra score.

If at all possible I hope you can reevaluate this choice.

Edited by yoyolast
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

4 AIM-9Ls are more than sufficient for top tier. The F-104S was give 9Js on the link between Turkish F-104S for balance reasons. The same does not apply to the ASA as it has the 9L. Which is more than ok for top tier.

It's not possible to have the cannon and Aspides.

But 4X Aim9L + cannon is possible?And on the lower front hardpoints is there a posibility for bombs?

medal medal medal medal

29 minutes ago, S__bastienZ88 said:

Do we have any news regarding the Radar issue?

We are aware it had a LD mode. However it's perimeters, which are key to it's introduction, are not yet fully known. There is a lack of detial In this area.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

We are aware it had a LD mode. However it's perimeters, which are key to it's introduction, are not yet fully known. There is a lack of detial In this area.

If you would be a little more precise on what data you need the community might help seeing that the we have the entire flight manual and maintenance manual on our hands, I see it hard that it is impossible to find what you need in those two documents.

rather than trying to help Italian top tier looks like Gaijin is trying its best to make the only Italian top tier jet **** 

could you please give us more informations before the vehicle hits the live server? Because otherwise it will take ages to get fixed

Edited by arpitmkn
  • Confused 2
medal medal

12 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

What is currently missing? We can rally up and find as much info as possible on it so it can get added before it hits the live servers. 

medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, arpitmkn said:

rather than trying to help Italian top tier looks like Gaijin is trying its best to make the only Italian top tier jet **** 

This is unhelpful to the situation in every capacity. We have already explained how almost everything raised so far with the exception of the radar was down to preliminary tuning on the Dev server.

Coming at this with a negative attitude for negatives sake is not going to help.

19 minutes ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

What is currently missing? We can rally up and find as much info as possible on it so it can get added before it hits the live servers. 

Generally it's performance capabilities.  We don't have any details on how it's look down mode works, it's limits, range etc.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

This is unhelpful to the situation in every capacity. We have already explained how almost everything raised so far with the exception of the radar was down to preliminary tuning on the Dev server.

Coming at this with a negative attitude for negatives sake is not going to help.

Generally it's performance capabilities.  We don't have any details on how it's look down mode works, it's limits, range etc.

So the radar performance in the first dev was only temporary?

medal

57 minutes ago, yoyolast said:

I disagree with the redundancy claim, having the additional AIM-9Bs on the aircraft can be useful in a couple of ways:

1. Having a loadout with both AIM-9Bs and AIM-9Ls will allow ASA players to fake out people with the AIM-9Bs causing them to dump flares and sacrafice energy fearing the missile might be a potent one.
  2. You could use the additional AIM-9Bs to get a couple of AI kills to lessen ticket drain and get some extra score.

If at all possible I hope you can reevaluate this choice.

That's really interesting :018:

4 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

As it’s not helping nerfing a desperately needed (and desperately late) aircraft for the sake of some details that could be estimated like a lot of things have been estimated in game (just like the resistance to flare of missiles is just estimated and fluctuate based on the need of balance)

• Confused 1
medal medal

Just now, arpitmkn said:

As it’s not helping nerfing a desperately needed (and desperately late) aircraft for the sake of some details that could be estimated like a lot of things have been estimated in game (just like the resistance to flare of missiles is just estimated and fluctuate based on the need of balance)

We are not nerfing anything. The question was asked and we have explained that whilst it is WIP a lot of key details are missing that we in fact have for other radars.

This approach is not constructive and not helpful in the slightest. Let's get back on track. If you have source material to share then by all means.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

It could be worth to look through ASA-M manuals as well, because radar wasn't changed during this upgrade. 

We will try to find missing info.

This is from one of the parts of ASA-M manual for example:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220315-221042_Chrome.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

25 minutes ago, _Condottiero_ said:

It could be worth to look through ASA-M manuals as well, because radar wasn't changed during this upgrade. 

We will try to find missing info.

This is from one of the parts of ASA-M manual for example:

Reveal hidden contents

The ASA had two radars/modes one for the ASA-1A and one for the later version ASA-2A found on the  ASA-M too

Edited by S__bastienZ88

11 minutes ago, S__bastienZ88 said:

@Smin1080p

Hide contents
Hide contents
Reveal hidden contents

This and more can be found in the Manuals if you are looking for such sources

Thank you. This is both manuals or just the ASA-M? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

We are not nerfing anything. The question was asked and we have explained that whilst it is WIP a lot of key details are missing that we in fact have for other radars.

This approach is not constructive and not helpful in the slightest. Let's get back on track. If you have source material to share then by all means.

Unfortunately due to the way the forum is set up I can’t send of the files I want because are too heavy

IMG_0054.PNG

IMG_0055.PNG

IMG_0056.PNG

IMG_0057.PNG

IMG_0058.PNG

IMG_0059.PNG

IMG_0060.PNG

IMG_0059.PNG

IMG_0060.PNG

IMG_0061.PNG

IMG_0062.PNG

IMG_0063.PNG

IMG_0064.PNG

IMG_0065.PNG

IMG_0066.PNG

IMG_0067.PNG

IMG_0068.PNG

IMG_0069.PNG

IMG_0070.PNG

IMG_0071.PNG

IMG_0072.PNG

Here some more

IMG_0084.PNG

IMG_0085.PNG

IMG_0086.PNG

IMG_0087.PNG

IMG_0088.PNG

IMG_0090.PNG

medal medal

3 hours ago, ChuckNorrisROU said:

@Smin1080p i wonder if we will be able to take 4X AIM9L+2X AIM9B/J + 2X Aspide(at the same time), eventually + cannon in the final build or at least the second devserver 

2 hours ago, S__bastienZ88 said:

It is an upgraded F104S so It can carry them without any problems. 2×Aim9L and 2×Aspide-A1 are not enough in top tier when every other jet can carry more than that.

The only loadout that would make sense would be the 4×Aim9L + Vulcan 20mm. 

Guys chill out, the ASA has no link to Aim-9Js and i completely agree with Smin on that. We are finally receiving a top tier jet, why try to always find negative aspects? They confirmed that is going to receive CM, that it will have the new "custom loadouts" mechanic I mean what else can we ask for? 4 Aim-9Ls loadout is already really good and having 2 useless Aim-9B which only add weight is nonsense 

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

Thank you. This is both manuals or just the ASA-M? 

This are fromt he F104S-ASA manual and the the book Coccarda Tricolori.

There are more info about it the F104S-ASA, but I couldn't send it all at once. 

Screenshot_2022-03-15_135752.png

Screenshot_2022-03-15_135701.png

Screenshot_2022-03-15_135603.png

1 minute ago, TheS1up said:

Could you guys please use spoilers? :018:

I tried! XD but I’m on the phone and the spoilers bugs out and it allows me to put only 1 file per spoiler and seeing that I’m at work I can’t spend all the afternoon putting 1 file per 1 spoiler XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
medal medal

4 minutes ago, S__bastienZ88 said:

Sorry :lol2:

No problem :happysnail:

3 minutes ago, arpitmkn said:

I tried! XD but I’m on the phone and the spoilers bugs out and it allows me to put only 1 file per spoiler and seeing that I’m at work I can’t spend all the afternoon putting 1 file per 1 spoiler XD

Yeah sometimes I can't use spoilers on mobile either idk why :dntknw:

Edited by TheS1up
medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, TheS1up said:

They confirmed that is going to receive CM, that it will have the new "custom loadouts" mechanic I mean what else can we ask for? 4 Aim-9Ls loadout is already really good and having 2 useless Aim-9B which only add weight is nonsense 

So we can put the missiles were we want them to have bottom pylons too..??:pogsnail:

Thanks to everyone that submitted sources. They have been uploaded to the existing report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1