Floof Decal

Thatz

Do you want to see the Floof decal in game?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see the Floof decal in game?

• Yes
    • No

• Suggestion Moderator

By popular demand from the Suggestion moderator's April fools suggestions.

The Floof decal:
Is a fan made decal of Yukari Akiyama from Girls und Panzer. I cannot find the original artist as I can find one post on deviant art from 1 year ago but I find the photo of the image of the decal painted on an Abrams posted online going back 2 years ago.
So I am unsure of the complete origin of the artwork.

Photos:

aiqc0Sg.png

8Hcdk7P.png

Credit to @leroyonly for the PNG

Edited by Thatz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Like 2

• Suggestion Moderator

Yes.

Seriously though, why wouldn't anyone want this? :happysnail:

• Confused 1

• Suggestion Moderator

Would absolutely support as a fictional decal. :lol2: As an aside, I never noticed the smiley face in the smoke grenade launcher until now.

Edited by Headnaught
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, yoyolast said:

Yes.

Seriously though, why wouldn't anyone want this? :happysnail:

I, for one, dislike the customization system in general and would prefer if it were done away with in favor of only prefab historical/semi-historical/realistic camouflages to enhance realism/immersion. It also might've been better to do the same with bushes combined with camouflage nets in realistic-looking prefab sets. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Suggestion Moderator
On 19/04/2022 at 18:03, Schrollski said:

I, for one, dislike the customization system in general and would prefer if it were done away with in favor of only prefab historical/semi-historical/realistic camouflages to enhance realism/immersion. It also might've been better to do the same with bushes combined with camouflage nets in realistic-looking prefab sets. 

You know there is a setting in customization of vehicles to only show content that is fictional or show all except fictional camouflages. And in regards to the camo nets that was just passed to the dev's in the most recent passed to the developers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/05/2022 at 08:05, Thatz said:

You know there is a setting in customization of vehicles to only show content that is fictional or show all except fictional camouflages. And in regards to the camo nets that was just passed to the dev's in the most recent passed to the developers.

That doesn't mean historical, semi-historical, or realistic unless the user applies their camouflage/markings in this fashion. Otherwise, I'm subject to whatever crazy application of "non-fictional" camouflage/markings other users see fit, which is fictional, and that's not what I said unless it's realistic.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
2 hours ago, Schrollski said:

That doesn't mean historical, semi-historical, or realistic unless the user applies their camouflage/markings in this fashion. Otherwise, I'm subject to whatever crazy application of "non-fictional" camouflage/markings other users see fit, which is fictional, and that's not what I said unless it's realistic.

sorry im a bit confused by what you mean. I might be misunderstanding but players don't decide what's fictional or non-fictional I'm pretty sure that is something that the dev's decide.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Thatz said:

sorry im a bit confused by what you mean. I might be misunderstanding but players don't decide what's fictional or non-fictional I'm pretty sure that is something that the dev's decide.

So, according to the devs, this isn't fictional:

download.jpg

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 29/05/2022 at 10:46, MrKeram said:

i would love to drive my M1A2 with that decal and im waiting for it :3

That's nice, but why bother with realistic physics and vehicle models but encourage users to decorate the vehicles unrealistically? It's incoherent.

Edited by Schrollski
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
On 18/06/2022 at 02:39, Schrollski said:

That's nice, but why bother with realistic physics and vehicle models but encourage users to decorate the vehicles unrealistically? It's incoherent.

My real question is does it matter if somebody wants to put googly eyes on their tank is let them be there are settings to limit that, and if you dont like large historical decals like you mentioned above create a suggestion for a setting to disable all decals then. My point is everybody plays the game differently and enjoys different things about the game. I for one love putting anime user camo's on pretty much every one of my vehicles, but I have a friend who only like the historical camo's. We each play the game differently but in the end of it we both are just enjoying playing the game, which ever way we enjoy having fun.

For example I've been enjoying helicopter battles PVE and I enjoyed PVP before but I know countless people that would rather spoon feed a crocodile then touch helicopter battles. Doesn't make my version of fun wrong, somethings just aren't for everybody and I respect that but I hope that other people also respect my/other people's versions of fun. Except team killing or any version of bad sportsmanship or rule breaking they don't get any respect.

• Like 2

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

This suggestion has been passed to the developers for consideration :salute:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1