Allow users to change their choice on a poll

Thatz

Allow users to change their vote on the poll  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should users be allowed to change their vote on a poll?

• Yes
    • No

• Suggestion Moderator

This has been something that I have heard from a few people.
"I didn't read the poll correctly so I accidently voted for the wrong thing" or even "oops I accidently voted no for my own suggestion"

People that are in that situation often attempt to see if they can change their vote on the poll and once they realize there is no way to change they ask me if there is anything I can do in which I reply nope there is no way for me to reset a poll or to change ones vote once submitted.

I think until the post is locked (passed to the devs/implemented or locked for some other reason) users should be able to change their votes on poll.
Or there should be a setting for suggestion moderators/forum moderators+ to say lock poll on X day or just lock the post for replies but not poll etc.

Either way the end result is the ability for users to be able to change their vote on polls they have voted for

This makes sense to me in context of people actually changing their mind when discussion and better explanation is there, where for example there are multiple variants of the solution proposed and listed in the poll and not only YES/NO question.

As a side note here, I would wonder if the voting altogether should be locked upon suggestions being passed to devs to represent the state they were passed in, or whether the closing comment from the moderator should contain the poll snapshot from that time, instead of implementing a locking at specified time. My point here is that by allowing people to keep voting on suggestions after they get passed to devs, we're getting inflated amounts of votes on content (new vehicles/aircraft) against gameplay suggestions, just because passed to devs is broadcasted by some youtubers and also people come into the forums to check it out, and vote on stuff afterwards. But this is skewed because a lot of people come to see photos quickly and put a "like there" but they are not going to invest time into reading a gameplay suggestion.

So maybe locking out the option to change the vote is not necessary, maybe even not advised because for example a choice of perfect BR for a vehicle in poll may change, but the original problem that forced you to consider such mechanism could be solved simply by snapshoting the poll results into closing moderator comment?

medal medal medal medal medal medal