How to disable mouse distance change?

Dariusz1989

Hey

I hate it. Im loosing my brain with it. Its crazy bad!!! How can I disable mouse aiming. I just want to scroll/use keyboard to set distance. The mouse aiming is just xxxx.

I went over all settings, I cant find it!!!

Any1? Help Please god its awful now.

medal

13 hours ago, Dariusz1989 said:

Hey

I hate it. Im loosing my brain with it. Its crazy bad!!! How can I disable mouse aiming. I just want to scroll/use keyboard to set distance. The mouse aiming is just xxxx.

I went over all settings, I cant find it!!!

Any1? Help Please god its awful now.

Unfortunately there’s no way to do that currently. Just try to not move your mouse vertically unless at very close ranges(where it’s actually more accurate than mousewheel).

For the meantime, please check out my suggestion where I have suggested mouse aiming to be optional, and many more changes to the aiming system.

Edit: I checked your stats and I see that you are a new naval player. The aiming system is quite difficult at first, but if you watch/read some guides and practice, you’ll get the hang of it eventually. If you want, I can show you some good guides.

Edited by kkang2828
medal medal medal

Another thought to bare in mind is that if you're approaching the enemy head on, the range drops rapidly. This will push the target view off the top of your screen, and be frustrating. You would need to tap 'U' to reset it to the centre of the screen (vertically) and adjust your mouse accordingly. It does take some getting used to, but once you do it becomes second-nature.

Hey

I glanced over that post, but didnt read in, if it has option to disable mouse distance move/adjustment then u have my vote.

3 hours ago, kkang2828 said:

For the meantime, please check out my suggestion where I have suggested mouse aiming to be optional, and many more changes to the aiming system.

Yes my Naval is low because the aiming is xxxx. I cant deal with it, I aim in, I zoom in, I shoot, I get shoot at, I zoom out, adjust course/get warning I'm about to hit land, I zoom in and my guns are aiming at moon THE xxxx IS THAT ?!?!!? Its so frustrating to play the mode only hardcore die hard players would want to play it ffs.

There should be a way to "set distance to target" button given that in AB distance is given, and then the guns should lock at that & only move left/right when I move mouse around & let me then fine tune distance by wheel/keybaord/etc.

I'm never gonna play Naval on WT with this terrible system. Its a joke. 

Sorry, just angry as I like the mode & ships, but the how hard can it be to get the aiming right ffs? THIS IS NOT FUN. Every time I look around my guns distance just goes bananas. Or when I lose look, guns are like "welp I guess well aim at the moon now"

Regards

Dariusz

• Like 1
medal

On 08/05/2022 at 17:58, Dariusz1989 said:

Hey

I glanced over that post, but didnt read in, if it has option to disable mouse distance move/adjustment then u have my vote.

Thanks.

medal medal medal

On 08/05/2022 at 18:58, Dariusz1989 said:

I cant deal with it, I aim in, I zoom in, I shoot, I get shoot at, I zoom out, adjust course/get warning I'm about to hit land

That's not helping you at all. If you zoom out, you may well loose the target lock, and have to re-establish it, which takes time, by which time they have your range. Changes of course can and should be done whilst zoomed in on the target, and rarely do you want to break that unless another target as you in their sights and you need to change target accordingly.

1 hour ago, Alikiwi55 said:

That's not helping you at all. If you zoom out, you may well loose the target lock, and have to re-establish it, which takes time, by which time they have your range. Changes of course can and should be done whilst zoomed in on the target, and rarely do you want to break that unless another target as you in their sights and you need to change target accordingly.

Well I think it’s more beneficial to learn to not rely on the red/green marker and zoom in and out frequently to keep a good situational awareness.

medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...