Create user-made content contests

Thatz

User made content contests  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should they make user-made content contests?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How often should they run these contests?

• Twice a year
    • Yearly
    • Every two years
    • Other (explain in comments)
    • I said "No" in the poll above

• Suggestion Moderator

I know there are a lot of people who put countless hours of their time working in the CDK either making camouflages, maps, missions, models, decals, etc.
And with that sometimes some of that content gets brought into game as things added in the update loot boxes.

However what I'm suggesting is a contest ran by Gaijin where users create content in a theme for a chance for it to be added into the game and winners of these contests get some sort of reward (maybe like the current Partnership program or maybe like GE/premium time/Packs etc.) this would be done to drive more competition and drive for users to get their hands on the CDK and create more content for the game.

The contest would not be voted on by the public as what the player base wants to see in game isn't always what the game actually possibly needs.

So how this contest would work would maybe go something like this: Gaijin on the forums would give a topic or something like lets say for example "Western Europe" or maybe something more vague like "Forest". The player base would have maybe a month or maybe more to create content that would match to the theme or battle etc. For "Forest" maybe making a Forest map. Maybe somebody makes a PVE Mission where you get ambushed in one of the maps currently in the game maybe in the same like Wallonia or maybe working with a custom map maker to make a fully unique and new experience. 

These are just examples and I just think that this could allow players to have more of a push to learn the CDK and maybe for Gaijin to work on some updated documentation/videos on the CDK *nudge nudge*. 

The theme could be anything that the staff decide and the rules around the contest would be decided by the staff as well.

I'm not saying every item that is considered a winning item (vehicle/camouflages/maps etc.) would all be added to the game instantly or at all but I would love it if they would however I think those that spend the time working on making new content which could be models/maps/missions/camo's etc. should have a chance to be rewarded here and there for the effort they are putting into the game.

For those who don't believe me that user-made content for vehicles could be added into the game one example I can think of is the Ar 196 A-3 as this vehicle was made by the player base: 

We are especially pleased to announce that this fancy plane was created for you by your fellow players. Vitaly "NovA29R" Vostokov worked on the aircraft model, and Daniil "Joy_Division__" Zaitsev created the Ar 196 A-3 cockpit.

Devblog for the plane:

https://warthunder.com/en/news/6809/current