EFV / AAAV , Think Big!

CaID

Would you like the EFV to be added to the game?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the EFV to be added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes as event/premium
    • No

iVoAMzv.jpeg

i would like to suggest a big fat ugly tank for USA, the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle, Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle
HXwkHUc.jpg

you may have realize the name is as big as the tank itself. but the huge size is part of what make this tank interresting.

a bit like a land-whale, this tank is a huge amphibious tank capable of carrysing a large number of marines and fight wight them. the large size may make you feel it is slow and glumsy, but you couldn't be more wrong, this tank is highly mobile in water and on line. on land, the mobility will be similar to those of the top MBT from the game, in fact, it was precicely designed with the requirement of been as mobile or better than the M1 Abrams. in the water, it would be almost like a speed boat. no more reason to not take a dive in the river. this tank could go faster in the water than a British MBT off-road. so no more escuse to avoid to swim to take short-cut. this huge whales would actually show real tactical assets to swim in the water to surprise the enemy in certain map, such as Breslau, Port Novorossiysk or Vietnam Hills. it could even join naval battle and fallow the ship in the battle.

Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle was previously know as the Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle was a amphibious assault vehicles designed by General Dynamics Land Systems from 1988 and intended to replace the AAVP-7A1. the AAVP-7A1 had entered in service under his initial version in 1972 which make it a relatively old vehicles already in 1988 and the replacement was been prepared for his retirement. due to long delaying of the administration, and quit possibly due to the fact that USSR had fallen, it wasn't before 1996 that a full scale prototype was odered, revealed in 2001 and a 3 years testing started. but the vehicles was plagued with reliability issue making the vehicles, who was already decade behind the schedule, to have even more delay. acknowledging the design to be problematic and in 2006, they simply started back from scratch. the new vehicles had finished his design by 2007 and the cost for the units raised a lot. due to the raising cost, the USMC had reduced the potential order of the vehicles from 1,013 to 573.

fallowing the long delaying of the development of the EFV, the US military had defined the amphibious warfare into 2 senerio. either the Marines would land on the beach without resistance from the enemy. or they navy would had wipe out any subtential resistance before the marines land. in both senario, the heavy armed EFV was a bit useless. falllowing pressure from the Taxepayer's union and representative, the EFV was cancelled. the program that already ahd cost 3 billions was expected to almost reach 16 billions,. beside, the new counter-measure on te  ship allowed them to get closer to the shore before launching landing vehicles making the high speed of the EFV been uneeded and the modernization of the AAVP-7 was a cheaper and acceptable alternative. the EFV program was put on the shelf in the events that it get revived for the replacement of the AAVP-7 which should happen regardless, but it's more likely that a new program will be started which would be a lot less ambitious.

Expeditionary_Fighting_Vehicle_in_desert

Firepower

the main armament been the 30mm MK.44 Bushmaster II, it's simply a upscalled version of the M242 bushmaster as found on the Bradley. this auto-cannon can use much more powerful rounds, this gun is already in the game on the Italian VCC-80/30. it offer a decent buff of firepower. the gun in the Mk 46 turret, which is a ship's turret intended for the defense against small surface craft such as speed boat. the turret is fully stabilized and include thermal day/sight sight. infrared sensor, low-light television camera, and a laser range finder. the elevation offering a large arc of fire allow the EFV to engage low flying aircraft. the transver been by itself pretty fast, would also allow the turret to fallow some aircraft.

30 mm Bushmaster 2 Mk.44 Turret  speed (°/s) Reloading rate (seconds)
Capacity (magazine) Fire rate Vertical Horizontal Stabilizer Stock Aced Stock Aced
300 (75) 725 -10°/+45° ±180° N/A 35.7 60.0 13.00 10.00
Penetration statistics
Belt Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)
10 m 100 m 500 m 1,000 m 1,500 m 2,000 m
Default 87 86 81 75 70 65
MK266 3 3 3 3 3 3
MK258 116 115 110 104 99 93
Belt details
Belt Type of
warhead
Velocity
(m/s)
Projectile
Mass (kg)
Fuse delay
(m)
Fuse sensitivity
(mm)
Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
Ricochet
0% 50% 100%
MK266 HEI-T* 1,080 0.36 0 0.1 54.4 79° 80° 81°
MK258 APFSDS 1,430 0.1 N/A N/A N/A 78° 80° 81°

1280px-EFV_hydroplaning.jpg

Mobility

the EFV is offering a strange mobility. the engine offering 2 different power rate depending of the land or the sea, will give the tank a pretty impressive power/weight. the tank weighting 35.97 tonnes, have at his disposition 850 hp on land which is pretty much giving the power/weight of a average modern MBT. but in the water, it give 2702 hp which very high. the vehicles is fully amphibious and propelled in the water by 2x water jet. the Allison X4560 six speed transmission which is a 22 inches version of the M1 Abrams' transmission. the tank would reach a pretty good land speed of 72 km/h and incredibly high sea speed of 46 km/h. as in the water, there is little reduction of speed according to the condition of the road, at least nothing implemented in the game yet, the 46 km/h will be often reach which is the equivalent of a tank having a top speed of 60 km/h when it go off-road. the suspensiont is also rectactable and independent allowing the tank to adjust itself for a better speed on the water or climb the riverbed.

Game Mode Max Speed (km/h) Weight (tons) Engine power (horsepower) Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)
Forward Reverse
Land 72 39 34.5 850 24.64
sea 46 ? 2702 78.32

EFVDesign.png

Protection

the exact protection thickness is unspecified, but the protection level is against 14.5mm at 300m, which is a pretty decent basic protection. the armour is built of composite made of ceramic, S-2 fiberglass, and a Kevlar-like woven fabric in three separate layers, the crew of 3 men include 2 men in the turret and the driver. the turret is equip with 8x smoke launchers. but the hull is also equiped with smoke launcher. the vehicles is also equip with a laser detactor to warm it from the ATGM. the front is featuring a huge bof flap to make it more mobile in the water but aloso give a certain spaced armour. the the most important are the side skirt with cover the small part of the track bellow the huge hull.

Specifications
Mass Gross vehicle weight fully loaded 79,300 pounds (35.97 metric ton)
Length 10.67 m (35 ft 0 in)
Width 3.66 m (12 ft 0 in)
Height 3.28 m (10 ft 9 in) (turret roof)
Crew 3 crew
Passengers 17 fully equipped Marines (EFVP)
7 command crew (EFVPC)

Armor armor panels made of ceramic, S-2 fiberglass, and a Kevlar-like woven fabric in three separate layers, armor offers protection against machine gun and artillery fragments weighs 20 pounds per square foot (960 Pa), 14.5 mm AP at 300 Meters, 155/152 mm fragments at 15 Meters
Main
armament
fully stabilized and digitally controlled Mk44 Bushmaster II Mod 0 30 mm cannon (EFVP)
M240 Machine Gun, 7.62 mm Coax (EFVPC)
Engine MTU Friedrichshafen MT 883 Ka-524 diesel engine
2,702 hp (2,016 kW) (water), 850 hp (635 kW) (land)
Power/weight 34.48 hp/t (25.71 kW/t)
Transmission Allison X4560 six speed transmission; water propulsion through two 23-inch (0.58 m)-diameter water jets
Suspension 14 retractable independent Hydraulic Suspension Units (HSU’s) with two nitrogen gas charges
Fuel capacity 325 US gallons (1,230 l)
Operational
range
land: 523 km (325 miles)
water: 120 km (74 miles)
Maximum speed road: 72.41 km/h (45 mph)
water: 46 km/h (28.6 mph)

Source
https://www.army-technology.com/projects/efv/

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product2418.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expeditionary_Fighting_Vehicle
https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Expeditionary_Fighting_Vehicle

https://www.military-today.com/apc/efv.htm
turret (and armament)

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_30mm_BushmasterII.php
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product2419.html
https://www.seaforces.org/wpnsys/SURFACE/Mk-46-gun-weapon-system.htm
https://www.navy.mil/Resources/Fact-Files/Display-FactFiles/Article/2220690/mk-46-30-mm-gun-weapon-system/

Edited by CaID
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion:goodsnail:

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HMSD33Dauntless said:

This looks hilarious, I'd love to see it! Do you have a photo of it near another tank for scale?

no tanks, but i got soldiers

it can carry 17 fully geared solders

xAhOQ7p.jpg

Edited by CaID

Don't know how good this would be but it would be interesting to try.  +1 for event at least.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...

I would like to see it. They can even split it into two vehicles because there is the first gen and second gen version. The gen 1 only had a 25mm and the gen 2 the 30/40mm. In some articles they take about how they also tested the gen 2 with the 40mm or change the parts so that it became on. In any case it would be a nice vehicle in game even if it wouldn’t be really powerful considering that it doesn’t have ATGMs sadly. 

medal

• 1 month later...
On 01/10/2022 at 10:01, Woolfi23456789@psn said:

I would like to see it. They can even split it into two vehicles because there is the first gen and second gen version. The gen 1 only had a 25mm and the gen 2 the 30/40mm. In some articles they take about how they also tested the gen 2 with the 40mm or change the parts so that it became on. In any case it would be a nice vehicle in game even if it wouldn’t be really powerful considering that it doesn’t have ATGMs sadly. 

while the 25mm version remain interresting, i am not sure if the hull would be adequate for such gun. the tank is rather modern but 25mm have a much lower firepower who would probably bring it to a BR where it would still encounter the late WW2 tank or Korean war era. i am not a big fan of the idea to have very advanced feature on a vehicle that fall too low in BR. already that the 30mm is just a bit better, it would at least bring it to fight with the MBT instant of the last generations of medium tank.

• 1 month later...

Honestly as much as I'd absolutely  L O V E  for it to be TT it'd also make a absolutely amazing operation S.U.M.M.E.R/W.I.N.T.E.R reward and I'd 100% use the living xxxx out of it, I just wonder where it'd sit BR wise due to only being the gun but having darts, thermals, stabilizer and LRF it'd definitely be a interesting vehicle to properly balance, cause unlike say the PUMA which is also gun only it's not as survivable (unless you give it the ability to use the 17 passengers as crew:lol2:) so maybe like 7.0-7.3? 

medal medal

• 4 months later...
On 12/01/2023 at 20:36, TyrantrumGamingB@psn said:

Honestly as much as I'd absolutely  L O V E  for it to be TT it'd also make a absolutely amazing operation S.U.M.M.E.R/W.I.N.T.E.R reward and I'd 100% use the living xxxx out of it, I just wonder where it'd sit BR wise due to only being the gun but having darts, thermals, stabilizer and LRF it'd definitely be a interesting vehicle to properly balance, cause unlike say the PUMA which is also gun only it's not as survivable (unless you give it the ability to use the 17 passengers as crew:lol2:) so maybe like 7.0-7.3? 

Personally I hate the whole event vehicle thing. At this point I'm kinda sick of it. The events are always soul crushing and there's so many highly useful or unique FOMO vehicles in the game now, at this point they need to make BP/Events replayable and or make everything TT, Squadron, or Premium. 

I'm down for this to be a squadron, or premium. I'd love for it to be TT but thats not really realistic. I think everyone just wants to be able to reasonably play cool and fun things, and locking things away forever which may be very useful or fun is an unfortunate practice. It's just a video game afterall.

Edited by Thug Shaker Actual
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal