Panzer IV Ausf. E Turmvorpanzer

Ghostmaxi

Do you want the Vorpanzer?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes, i do.
    • No, i dont.

The Vorpanzer would be a nice addition as a modification  to the game because the hull already got extra armor and with the turret it would get a full look and armor of 60 mm turret and hull . Some might say that would be too OP espacily at 2.0 but the french got there b1 bis With  60 mm armor and the german

extra armor got even some holes where only 30mm are " active " shown on the 1st picture circled in red and some other armor values based of the tank already in the game and the informations about the

" Vorpanzer " from the side http://tankarchives.blogspot.com/2017/01/pzkpfwiv-ausf-d-through-e.html

i know this is a " Private webside " ( i think ) but that is only a english translation of the orginal from Yuri Pasholok and he wrote it on https://warspot.ru/7372-vsyo-eschyo-na-vtoryh-rolyah

there is also the information where it came from

• Panzer Tracts No.4 Panzerkampfwagen IV, Thomas L. Jentz, Hilary Louis Doyle, Darlington Publication, 1997, ISBN 0–9648793–4–4
  • PzKpfw IV and its Variants 1935–1945. Book 2, Walter J. Spielberger, Thomas L. Jentz, Hilary Louis Doyle, Schiffer Publishing, 2011, ISBN 978–0–7643–3756–7
  • Фотоархив автора
  • ЦАМО РФ

Books and Pictures related.         I forgot the sides of the " Vorpanzer " are 20 mm thick

796468306_PanzerIVVorpanzerPanzerungsang

Orginal 9d1e3f0508ca4f82803c9bd502d25d07.jpg https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/germany/tanks-2-3/panzer-iv-tank/panzer-iv-vorpanzer-2/

another link where you can see a Vorpanzers

Edited by Ghostmaxi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7
medal

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So the way I read it, it's only the D-variant that used it? Weird that that the E-variant only used the extra hull armor but not on the turret (if in-game is correct).
+1

medal

6 hours ago, Spr4yz said:

So the way I read it, it's only the D-variant that used it? Weird that that the E-variant only used the extra hull armor but not on the turret (if in-game is correct).
+1

No, this was found on D, E and F.

medal

YES YES YES YES I WANT THIS.I would love it if they made latter versions of panzer 4s have frontal spaced armor like the latter panzer 3s

Edited by Destroyer500000

• 3 months later...

Only for the Panzer IV F1 please. Also the F1 should have an unlock for side Schürzen and a cupola AAA MG as well:

LUiBkC0.jpeg

Edited by Aquasama
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Aquasama said:

Only for the Panzer IV F1 please. Also the F1 should have an unlock for side Schürzen and a cupola AAA MG as well:

LUiBkC0.jpeg

This is about the E to finish the add on armor look, the add on for F1 might be a new vehicle, but not this suggestion.

Edited by Ghostmaxi
  • Confused 1
medal

On 05/02/2023 at 16:16, Tenkruler said:

why?

Because thats my Suggestion for the Ausf. E, why dont you make a new one for the F?  The reason behind it was for the E to get the Full add on armor layout not just the Hull one, it has a bigger impact if you add it to the F which allready has the 50mm armor. 1 vehicle per suggestion rule comes also into place i guess. This suggestion isnt even about the F.

Edited by Ghostmaxi
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal

On 05/02/2023 at 10:07, Ghostmaxi said:

This is about the E to finish the add on armor look, the add on for F1 might be a new vehicle, but not this suggestion

-1 then. Is this a laudable attempt at subterfuge on your part? You seem like a sly anti-German who wants the enemy to continue with their seal clubbing ways by coincidently suggesting the weakest possible Vorpanzer implementation thus wasting the potential of Vorpanzer (+20mm) on an early, weaker vehicle; the Pz IV E (+30mm turret) [total 50mm] resulting in an inferior applique armor protection that would be less effective than the protection already offered by the  solid 50mm  armor on the stock Pz IV F1. What is the point of adding this to a Pz IV E? The typical laymen might be placated by a Pz IV E + Vorpanzer, not knowing that the resulting frontal armor protection would actually be inferior to a standard Pz IV F1, whereas, upon its introduction, the devs will immediately tout this feature as a "Finished/Implemented Suggestion" and be loathe to make any attempt in implementing Vorpanzer on anything except your suggested Pz IV E, at the expense of every other Pz IV model that could wield Vorpanzer, including the Pz IV F1 & IV F2 as pictured at the bottom. Perhaps, this was your intention all along? Instead, this suggestion should have been for implementing Vorpanzer (+20mm) on the Pz IV F1/F2 (+50mm turret, +50mm superstructure) [total 70mm] resulting in a meaningful, noticeable armor improvement over all its predecessors, and not some distracting pseudo-improvement as you have suggested here.

70ppB7J.jpeg

9JZk1cK.jpeg

71oMyMz.jpeg

nPFUM7p.jpeg

U6MMmxX.png

Edited by Aquasama
  • Confused 8
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aquasama said:

-1 then. Is this a laudable attempt at subterfuge on your part? You seem like a sly anti-German who wants the enemy to continue with their seal clubbing ways by coincidently suggesting the weakest possible Vorpanzer implementation thus wasting the potential of Vorpanzer (+20mm) on an early, weaker vehicle; the Pz IV E (+30mm turret) [total 50mm] resulting in an inferior applique armor protection that would be less effective than the protection already offered by the  solid 50mm armor on the stock Pz IV F1. What is the point of adding this to a Pz IV E? The typical laymen might be placated by a Pz IV E + Vorpanzer, not knowing that the resulting frontal armor protection would actually be inferior to a standard Pz IV F1, whereas, upon its introduction, the devs will immediately tout this feature as a "Finished/Implemented Suggestion" and be loathe to make any attempt in implementing Vorpanzer on anything except your suggested Pz IV E, at the expense of every other Pz IV model that could wield Vorpanzer, including the Pz IV F1 & IV F2 as pictured at the bottom. Perhaps, this was your intention all along? Instead, this suggestion should have been for implementing Vorpanzer (+20mm) on the Pz IV F1/F2 (+50mm turret, +50mm superstructure) [total 70mm] resulting in a meaningful, noticeable armor improvement over all its predecessors, and not some distracting pseudo-improvement as you have suggested here.

70ppB7J.jpeg

9JZk1cK.jpeg

nPFUM7p.jpeg

U6MMmxX.png

No it really isn’t any attempt to create “subterfuge” and we certainly do not need a stupid conspiracy theory. Their is nothing stopping a suggestion on the Panzer 4 F being made with Vorpanzer or Schürzen but this suggestion was only made with suggesting this version of the Panzer 4E, the rules on the forums changed a while back to where you can’t  suggest multiple variants of a vehicle in one suggestion unless it is a general suggestion on all the vehicles in the series as a whole which making a suggestion that would be about this Panzer 4E and Panzer 4 F1 or F2 which would be a violation of said rules unless it was just being mentioned but not actually suggested so even if they wanted too they can’t make this suggestion on multiple Panzer 4 variants with additional armor however this does not stop them from making a new suggestion about those vehicles. It is not some secret rule that isn’t listed on the forums as it is literally on the rules for creating suggestions and isn’t hard to find as it is the last one under the Do not do section in which it states:

"When submitting a vehicle suggestion, be sure to refrain from proposing multiple specific variants of any given vehicle in the same post. However, you may list different variants of a vehicle you're proposing if the post is a general suggestion about a certain (family of) vehicle(s). For example, creating a single suggestion containing both the Spitfire Mk. I & Mk.II is NOT allowed. However, you may create individual suggestions on both of these variants, provided they're each covered in their own respective suggestion. On the other hand, a general suggestion about the Spitfire, listing all (or some) variants to give an overview of the family, are also allowed."

Edited by de Radio Demon@live
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal