Italian Air Consultant discussion

IngegnerMacchi

Are you happy with the actual air TT consultant?  

348 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the actual air TT consultant?

• Yes (write why)
    • No (write why)

Greetings, today i want you to consider the possibility to replace the air consultant for the italian tech tree, especially because since i was in touch with members of the community that most of you should know, like Nicholas_Concu, Spacesoldier, Gripen, and Arpitmkn I saw the passion and the involvement they put into fixing and bringing back to life the Italian Tech tree in general; making me wonder why not give one of those members the role of consultant himself. I can assure you all, that in the last years if something was solved, passed to developers or introduced into the game, was thanks to this guys and the naval and ground consultants of the Tech tree, helped with the community of the discord we are in. Here is my question, would you like to give one of those guys the role they deserve and giving them the opportunity to improve and help the italian tech tree or would you like to keep the things as they are now, considering that those people are anyway the ones behind every fix and addition?

Edited by IngegnerMacchi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 75
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

+1 I totally agree, not to be disrespectful, I’m thankful of the work the air consultant did in the past for the Italian TT, however it is very clear that this consultant is now either not working or simply not putting any effort into the new Italian jets.. if it wasn’t for some members of the Italian community the F104ASA would have been introduced as a copy paste 104S with aim9L, instead we got MTI radar and flares, same thing is happening to the G91y coming this patch, if it wasn’t for some people no one would have noticed the complete lack of its actual payload, all proofs that whoever the consultant is, he is not doing the work he’s supposed to do.. Italy needs some good aircraft, we already get very few at a times, we can’t allow them to come with only 1/3 of their payload l.. otherwise once jets like the AMX, Mb339, Tornado, Harrier comes, they will also have barely any armament.. plus, the Italian air tree is already very much ignored not only by Gaijin but also by players since the repair cost are always too high, twice as the major nations.

if the air consultant is too busy to work on our TT, the most respectful thing he can do is step down, if he doesn’t, he needs to be replaced with someone that has adding complete Italian aircrafts as his priority.. I doubt anyone will care about this thread cause we are not China, but here’s to hoping 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 33
medal

I don't think I would be a good candidate for the role, I could give some input regarding what the community could like and should receive sooner and with which armaments but I think someone with a vast knowledge of the sector should be chosen but for sure I think a change is in order, someone in the development chain isn't working as he should, I don't know if it's the consultant or the contact(dev) inside the studio.
Never the less I'm truly dissatisfied as client when it comes down to the aircraft side of things.
A change is in order.

• Upvote 13
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

46 minutes ago, IngegnerMacchi said:

Greetings, today i want you to consider the possibility to replace the air consultant for the italian tech tree, especially because since i was in touch with members of the community that most of you should know, like Nicholas_Concu, Spacesoldier, Gripen, and Arpitmkn I saw the passion and the involvement they put into fixing and bringing back to life the Italian Tech tree in general; making me wonder why not give one of those members the role of consultant himself. I can assure you all, that in the last years if something was solved, passed to developers or introduced into the game, was thanks to this guys and the naval and ground consultants of the Tech tree, helped with the community of the discord we are in. Here is my question, would you like to give one of those guys the role they deserve and giving them the opportunity to improve and help the italian tech tree or would you like to keep the things as they are now, considering that those people are anyway the ones behind every fix and addition?

completely true, the Italian tech tree is stuck in the 70s, when you go to compare it with other nations you meet planes from the 80s ... the f104 will be an excellent plane but it will never compete with the Mig-27 or the mirage …. A change is needed

• Upvote 7

I agree with the notion.

To be brutally honest, the amount of care for the tree shows and it has been found highly lacking by the community as a whole.

So... the only conclusion we can come to is that something needs to change and corrective action is now necessary.

I do not disagree with any of the specific names listed and I'd be confident any one of them (from my experiences) would be worlds better than current.

For just a moment, looking past who 'we' think we wan't or if it's even in our control at all... I would like to emphasize that whomever does have that role absolutely must care about the quality of the tree and cares about allowing the players that spend their time using it to be as competitive as history/real world will allow.

Right now obviously that is not what's going on.

The player experience matters.

Please take action Gaijin.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, spacesoldier117 said:

I don't think I would be a good candidate for the role, I could give some input regarding what the community could like and should receive sooner and with which armaments but I think someone with a vast knowledge of the sector should be chosen but for sure I think a change is in order, someone in the development chain isn't working as he should, I don't know if it's the consultant or the contact(dev) inside the studio.
Never the less I'm truly dissatisfied as client when it comes down to the aircraft side of things.
A change is in order.

This is the problem. The current air consultant is amazing most times even if his choices are weird to me. The devs just don't ask for additions/want to add things. the current consultant is @L_Serra_Pilota I don't think he speaks much english so isn't on this side of the forums much. Honestly I blame it mostly on Gaijin's development priorities. same problem with italian naval battleships.

Edited by angelomorte
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

Imo historical consultant should have a team of people, who will represent the community and help to gather info rather than be a single person. 

Even better if the leader of this team is the one who is more communicative, so the interaction with devs will be the most effective.

• Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, angelomorte said:

This is the problem. The current air consultant is amazing most times even if his choices are weird to me. The devs just don't ask for additions/want to add things. the current consultant is @L_Serra_Pilota I don't think he speaks much english so isn't on this side of the forums much. Honestly I blame it mostly on Gaijin's development priorities. same problem with italian naval battleships.

I wouldn't call Someone that added the ASA without MTI and flares/chaff Amazing, aswell as the G91Y without any of the guided Ordnance...as i said,the bug reports to fix those things were made by the community members with the help of forum moderators. Even so the Breda buff was the same case, the G91YS having back the CCIP the same. I think he Is not involved in the TT as he should, seeing how poorly It was managed and how things GOT changed ad soon as Gaijin was noticed about the problems

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

4 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

Imo historical consultant should have a team of people, who will represent the community and help to gather info rather than be a single person. 

Even better if the leader of this team is the one who is more communicative, so the interaction with devs will be the most effective.

This would be an even bigger improvement

• Upvote 5

Don't want to be that person, but seeing how the Italian Air TT still doesn't have a single Aermacchi jet (with a large artifical gap in the tree from 6.3 to 8.0), despite for some of them primary sources are literally even available online for free, seeing how long it took to get 12.7 mm HE for Breda-SAFAT (though we still don't have it for defensive mgs), seeing how long it took to get Nords for R/1, seeing how "many" ingenious Italian weapon we have in the game (Motobomba FFF? Sispre C-7? Medusa? LR-25 launchers? and etc), I actually agree with @IngegnerMacchi and if this person is also responsible for that helicopters "tech tree"... oh God... I hope not.

Edited by _Condottiero_
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I agree, something needs to be done about air consultant. Seeing a lack of CAS aircraft like MB series or lack of top helicopter just hurts. Im not blaming him for this but if he can not do his job anymore I think he needs replacement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

italy is full with jets that is unique and special, feels sad not seeing them in the game.

the lack of CAS is just ridiculous, and italy tt is getting ignored more then ever, the lack of jets is just making people dont have interest in it. which creates a vicious circle to the italy tt, something needs to be done.

maybe let other people do the job, or have a team to share the burden. a lot of thing that can be achieve since the community is willing to help, maybe it's gaijin's decision to not giving some proper things to italy, who knows?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
medal

I also agree with everything said in this thread, simply italy needs also more love.
It would be a more interesting tech tree overall. 
It would be nice if the consultant could be able to talk with the community too.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, Draco_Argentum said:

What makes you lot think the consultant is doing what the Chinese consultant apparently did: intentionally holding back documentation?

I wouldn't compare the individual with the cinese consultant, however its pretty well known within the Italian community that certain weapon loadouts on Italian aircraft weren't added from the get-go due to them not being used in service (despite the countless documentation and sources which still proves a vehicle could use a certain weapon system). This was due to the air consultant, for example we've had to fight and make many posts for the nords on our G.91's and only just got it added relaltively recently.

Overall i think some new consultants can only do good, there's no actual need to remove anyone but bringing new people in could ultimately help in the long run.

Edited by Nicholas_Concu
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal

24 minutes ago, Draco_Argentum said:

What makes you lot think the consultant is doing what the Chinese consultant apparently did: intentionally holding back documentation?

There is need for a change, be it a shift in behavior by the current consultant, be it someone new that will work with the current consultant or the current consultant getting replaced, I don’t really care on which path we will go, but the current one is not the correct one

• Upvote 1
medal medal

I have never thought that they have consultants for every nation. I support the necessary changes as Italy is now lagging behind in every vehicle branches. I don't know about the ground vehicles or the navy, but whoever responsible for the helicopters branch is not doing his job well. Of course not as worse as the Chinese consultant, that guy was on another level. This guy seems lazy. 

Hope we can make something change. 

• Upvote 1
medal

3 hours ago, raptor2-40delta@psn said:

I wonder if this thread will be completely ignored or at least capture the interest of some of the moderators, in order to get some kind of feedback as well 

I'm sure Smin is or will linger by it.

Edited by spacesoldier117
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• IngegnerMacchi changed the title to Are you satisfied with the Italian Air Tree/Air consultant?
  • BlueBeta changed the title to Italian Air Consultant discussion