Add Operating Nation for vehicles on the wiki

Thatz

Operating nation  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to see them add operating nation to the warthunder wiki?

• Yes
    • No

• Suggestion Moderator

Right now the only way to figure out the operating nation for a vehicle is to go into the game and look at the flag or operating nation description in game.
r6JrEfA.jpg
I think it would be nice to be able to access that information also out of game on the wiki as that is the go to source for some people when looking into or while talking about a specific WarThunder vehicle.

For example I took the Skink and as you can see in the image above in game it's currently using the old Canadian Flag (Canadian Red Ensign) in game and on the wiki it just is displayed with Great Britain's flag (Union Jack).
hIhHPPx.png
My suggestion is to do something like this. This is just an example because I got bored and wanted to modify the HTML and CSS of the Wiki however they implement I don't really care. The mock I made is also responsive so It works for desktops and mobile.
XIf74bD.png
Mobile:
UO4JacP.png

If you had any thoughts on possible other ways they could implement adding the "Operating Nation" for vehicles please feel free to let me know in the comments.

• 4 weeks later...

the idea is good, but the example is bad.

the Shink happen to had been commissioned and tested by UK. Canada did buiot it but only due to the capacity to spare some resources and sherman's chassis. UK was not building any sherman.

it was proven in the source of the Shink suggestion

the example would be better if we used the South-African or the Finish vehicles. like the BT-42 or the Concept 3

GarageImage_BT-42.jpg

800px-GarageImage_Concept_3.jpg

Edited by CaID
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
4 hours ago, CaID said:

the Shink happen to had been commissioned and tested by UK. Canada did buiot it but only due to the capacity to spare some resources and sherman's chassis. UK was not building any sherman.

it was proven in the source of the Shink suggestion

That information is incorrect as it was the 1st Canadian Army that put the request to make a new anti-air vehicle based off the Sherman. UK only was interested in it as at the time the crusader aa mk II was being developed and hadn't even entered into testing so they were interested if the skink would replace it, but the delays and complications made it so by the time the skink was able to be tested it was past when it was needed. UK did not ask Canada to make the Skink.

Well, Discussing About Whether Or Not It Was Fielded By A Nation Is A Completely Different Topic.

As A Wiki Contributor, The Main Importance Is Whatever The Game Dictates, Shall Be Put On The Wiki As Such, Vehicle Performed In Reality Like This? Too Bad, Wiki Will Have To Follow The Game As It Currently Stands, And Adopt Once The Game Updates / Fixes The Issue At Hand.

Anyway, I Fully +1 This Suggestion And Already Suggested This With The Wiki (Head) Moderators, Though This Will Most Probably Be For Someone On The Back-End To Implement.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal