Adding APCR, APDS core data to stat card

Add core information to stat card?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Add core information to stat card?

• Yes, this is helpful.
    • No, this isn’t necessary.

Suggestion: Add the core weight and diameter to the stat card for individual APCR and APDS rounds. The in game stat card for APHE, HE and other rounds show the filler weight, type and TNT equivalent for each round, yet APCR and APDS do not give any data on the core itself, which is important to the performance of those rounds. Knowing the core weight and diameter, also core design for APDS, would allow users to report any issues with these rounds. 

Edit: add sub projectile diameter for APDS. 

Edited by MiseryIndex556@psn
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Here is the M82 stat card, showing explosive type, weight and TNT equivalent:

Spoiler

fYKk6sG.jpg

Here is my proposed M304 stat card, showing core diameter and core weight:

Spoiler

cQQg5iA.jpg

Here is a proposed stat card for APDS, using the 105mm T279.

Spoiler

2119603395_T279proposedstatcard.jpg.5055

Knowing the core weight and diameter would help to determine the exact version of the APCR round being used, and calculate the intended performance using the DeMarre calculator provided. Players could then make suggestions for other APCR variants or address penetration issues with existing versions.

Edited by MiseryIndex556@psn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• 3 months later...

Honestly don't understand why this isn't in the game to begin with. +1

Although another thing is that APDS would have projectile weight and diameter on top of core weight and diameter. Projectile weight is already covered, but we are "missing" the rest. At the same time, from what I've seen in the way that Gaijin has implemented the calculator, they make it so projectile diameter is equal to core diameter, so all we really would need is projectile/core diameter and core weight when it comes to APDS, same with APCR.

Edited by FlipAllTheTables
medal medal

On 19/04/2023 at 05:54, FlipAllTheTables said:

Honestly don't understand why this isn't in the game to begin with. +1

Although another thing is that APDS would have projectile weight and diameter on top of core weight and diameter. Projectile weight is already covered, but we are "missing" the rest. At the same time, from what I've seen in the way that Gaijin has implemented the calculator, they make it so projectile diameter is equal to core diameter, so all we really would need is projectile/core diameter and core weight when it comes to APDS, same with APCR.

That’s a good idea. I added it to the suggestion. I’ll work on an APDS card when I get a chance. 

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.