US Air Tech Tree Future Predictions

iiqwxrty

Realism  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Accurate?

• Yes
    • No

Got Bored one day so I decided to make the future ranks,

BTW this was made decently long ago but revised for todays tech tree.

Meaning that I didn't predict the A6E or the F-16 ADF or OCU.

Anyway, constructive criticism is always welcome!

Thanks!

*EDIT* 

The F-15 2040C isn't supposed to be there neither is the F-15G, or H.

so before you have a seizure saying its just a concept I have another updated version on my other computer. 

I changed it to the F-15C (2015) with HMD and all that Jazz, along the F-15G just being removed from the tech tree along with the H.

Spoiler

Predictions-Revised.jpg.a06c90acb9adf499

*EDIT 2*

I now have the revised version after advice.

V2:

Spoiler

1626424009_Predictions-Revised(1).jpg.47

Predictions-Revised (1).jpg

Edited by iiqwxrty
Revising a topic

1 hour ago, iiqwxrty said:

Got Bored one day so I decided to make the future ranks,

BTW this was made decently long ago but revised for todays tech tree.

Meaning that I didn't predict the A6E or the F-16 ADF or OCU.

Anyway, constructive criticism is always welcome!

Thanks!

*EDIT* 

The F-15 2040C isn't supposed to be there neither is the F-15G, or H.

so before you have a seizure saying its just a concept I have another updated version on my other computer. 

I changed it to the F-15C (2015) with HMD and all that Jazz, along the F-15G just being removed from the tech tree along with the H.

Hide contents

It's some great effort regardless! 

Although difference in opinion especially with something aesthetic as a tech tree is bound to happen of course.... Few thoughts I could give: 

- First line of new vehicles is quite accurate.... It would mostly be F-16's and their drastic difference in capability modeled over time.

The only thing I would question is the F-22 Raptor's placement there. As the F-22 was intended to be a replacement for the F-15.

Since both the F-15 and F-22 are designed to be heavy duty air superiority fighters.... The F-16 however is meant to be a light fighter and multirole. 

F-16's closest successor in capability would probably be the multirole F-35A, very much belonging in the first line instead of the attacker line.

- In the second line I am not sure if there would be much of a need for that many F-15's actually... 

Otherwise what would be the difference between the F-15A late and F-15C early? They'd both have Aim-120 capabilities and would be very identical to each other.

I would say we'd only need the early F-15A with it's Sparrow/Sidewinder only loadout. And the F-15C early and late with it's differing radar and Aim-120 capabilities.

I am also not sure what a 2040's F-15C would look like.. It's merely a proposed upgrade which doesn't seem likely to happen with how old the F-15C airframes are. 

Especially since the USAF has chosen the F-15EX as it's main F-15 upgrade. The F-22 Raptor would also definitely belong in this line instead.

- In the third USN line the F-14A is actually meant to be a Rank 8 jet, and even gaijin thinks so too. They only kept it Rank 7 so people can grind it out these few weeks.

After the F-14A i would probably put the F-18A, it only carries Sparrows and Sidewinders, no Aim-120's and is more of a multirole sidegrade to the early Tomcat.

After that would probably be F-14B still in Rank 8, ultimate upgraded F-14D Tomcat in Rank 9 along with the subsequent Hornets that come after. 

The F-35B is also a Marine Corps jet procured for USMC's CAS needs. If you want an F-35 in the attacker line the Marine Corps F-35B very much fits there more.

- Speaking of the fourth attacker line. This also seems mostly fine though I don't think the F-15G was ever built... 

And perhaps the F-117 if you're gonna add it could go down a few ranks since it's reeeeeeeealy not gonna be that capable beyond it's stealthy gimmick. 

- The bomber line seems okayish....

Irregardless if B-52's would be practical in this game which many people find debatable.. If you're gonna add them there's a few more variants that could be put.

- And lastly a few tidbits about the hypothetical premiums and event vehicles.

Though gaijin sadly has a tendency to do a lazy job and copy paste variants of those types of vehicles....

Some unique designs being present there such as the F-20A Tigershark, YF-17 Cobra or even the YF-22 and YF-23 Black Widow could work out in the distant future.

9 minutes ago, MacedonianSukhoi said:

It's some great effort regardless! 

Although difference in opinion especially with something aesthetic as a tech tree is bound to happen of course.... Few thoughts I could give: 

- First line of new vehicles is quite accurate.... It would mostly be F-16's and their drastic difference in capability modeled over time.

The only thing I would question is the F-22 Raptor's placement there. As the F-22 was intended to be a replacement for the F-15.

Since both the F-15 and F-22 are designed to be heavy duty air superiority fighters.... The F-16 however is meant to be a light fighter and multirole. 

F-16's closest successor in capability would probably be the multirole F-35A, very much belonging in the first line instead of the attacker line.

- In the second line I am not sure if there would be much of a need for that many F-15's actually... 

Otherwise what would be the difference between the F-15A late and F-15C early? They'd both have Aim-120 capabilities and would be very identical to each other.

I would say we'd only need the early F-15A with it's Sparrow/Sidewinder only loadout. And the F-15C early and late with it's differing radar and Aim-120 capabilities.

I am also not sure what a 2040's F-15C would look like.. It's merely a proposed upgrade which doesn't seem likely to happen with how old the F-15C airframes are. 

Especially since the USAF has chosen the F-15EX as it's main F-15 upgrade. The F-22 Raptor would also definitely belong in this line instead.

- In the third USN line the F-14A is actually meant to be a Rank 8 jet, and even gaijin thinks so too. They only kept it Rank 7 so people can grind it out these few weeks.

After the F-14A i would probably put the F-18A, it only carries Sparrows and Sidewinders, no Aim-120's and is more of a multirole sidegrade to the early Tomcat.

After that would probably be F-14B still in Rank 8, ultimate upgraded F-14D Tomcat in Rank 9 along with the subsequent Hornets that come after. 

The F-35B is also a Marine Corps jet procured for USMC's CAS needs. If you want an F-35 in the attacker line the Marine Corps F-35B very much fits there more.

- Speaking of the fourth attacker line. This also seems mostly fine though I don't think the F-15G was ever built... 

And perhaps the F-117 if you're gonna add it could go down a few ranks since it's reeeeeeeealy not gonna be that capable beyond it's stealthy gimmick. 

- The bomber line seems okayish....

Irregardless if B-52's would be practical in this game which many people find debatable.. If you're gonna add them there's a few more variants that could be put.

- And lastly a few tidbits about the hypothetical premiums and event vehicles.

Though gaijin sadly has a tendency to do a lazy job and copy paste variants of those types of vehicles....

Some unique designs being present there such as the F-20A Tigershark, YF-17 Cobra or even the YF-22 and YF-23 Black Widow could work out in the distant future.

Thank you for the Criticism, I did make notes about the F-15 2040C, H and G variants, I made a note saying I removed them in a newer version on another computer and replaced or outright deleted them, but It is my first time making this type of stuff so thank you for the advice.

11 minutes ago, MacedonianSukhoi said:

My reasoning for the first line F-22s is they where made by lockheed and the F-16 was made by lockheed. Along with most of the other fighters in the line, they where made by lockheed, so I thought I would follow that trend.

44 minutes ago, PlumleyBT said:

I love the abuse of "late" or "early" just to add fantasy variants that never existed.

It is my first time but thank you for the advice. I'll revisit the file and compress the F-15s.

18 minutes ago, MacedonianSukhoi said:

I see what you mean, but it still does have the capability to fire missiles instead of dropping bombs, so at most I could move it to rank 9 due to its missile capability.