A-10C Thunderbolt II for Italy

CapitanSchettino

First of all, we would like to be clear on the reasons for adding the A-10C Thunderbolt II for Italy, whilst there are massive suggestions from players to add the AMX fighter-bomber to the Italian tech tree.

However, at the moment, adding the AMX to the game is not possible due to Gaijins lazy superiority in the quality of coding equipment and far more advanced major Nations whales. At the same time, to date, Italy remained the only gaming nation lacking a good CAS. I hope you support my decision!

https://www.moody.af.mil/News/Features/Display/Article/212495/italian-exchange-pilot-first-to-fly-a-10c-thunderbolt-ii a10.JPG.6004e5ddd977b58b62e04e31f059c737

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Upvote 18

The F-16AJ was just a proposal, because the Japanese pilots flew the American F-16A with the American colors and roundels, the F-16AJ was just a proposal from the industry that was never produced.

in light of this, here a list of a few aircrafts and tank that Italy could get because these were proposed to the Italian armed forces:

A-10A (proposed)

A-10C (proposed and Italian pilots trained on it)

F-4C (Proposed)

F-5C (Proposed)

F-15C (Proposed)

Harrier Gr.3 (proposed and tested landing on Italian ships) 

Mirage 3C (proposed)

F-100A (proposed)

M1A2 (Proposed)

Merkava Mk.4 (proposed)

Chiftain Mk.5 (Proposed)

AMX-30 (Proposed)

Leopard 2A4 (Proposed)

Panther A (Proposed and tested by Italian soldiers)

Me163 (Proposed and tested by Italian pilots) 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 13
medal medal

You know what....... why the heck not, Italy needs some love and gaijin is unwilling to give it its domestic planes anyways so this is the next best thing we can ask for...

• Upvote 4
medal medal

43 minutes ago, arpitmkn said:

The F-16AJ was just a proposal, because the Japanese pilots flew the American F-16A with the American colors and roundels, the F-16AJ was just a proposal from the industry that was never produced.

in light of this, here a list of a few aircrafts and tank that Italy could get because these were proposed to the Italian armed forces:

A-10A (proposed)

F-4C (Proposed)

F-5C (Proposed)

F-15C (Proposed)

Mirage 3C (proposed)

F-100A (proposed)

M1A2 (Proposed)

Merkava Mk.4 (proposed)

Chiftain Mk.5 (Proposed)

AMX-30 (Proposed)

Leopard 2A4 (Proposed)

What about the F-16A Block 10?

Italy had 4 of them as spare parts.

Coccarde tricolori speciale 7

https://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article10.html

Edited by S__bastienZ88
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, arpitmkn said:

A-10A (proposed)

F-4C (Proposed)

F-5C (Proposed)

F-15C (Proposed)

Mirage 3C (proposed)

F-100A (proposed)

M1A2 (Proposed)

Merkava Mk.4 (proposed)

Chiftain Mk.5 (Proposed)

AMX-30 (Proposed)

Leopard 2A4 (Proposed)

I need to know more about this just for personal curiosity (especially the me163)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, idiot400 said:

i hope this is satire

Satire or not, it highlights a problem. If it's satire, we can just say, "Ok, but for real, what are some good options to fill the gaps?" If it isn't satire, we can just say, "No, this isn't a good idea because there are these options with more meaningful connections and associations with Italy: [...]."

As for unique, currently unimplemented, or indigenous/Italian-involved designs, I've found a select few that would be interesting:

Please note that some of these aircraft are likely very niche in role (Tornado ECR), very limited in performance/combat capability (M-346, MB-339, S.211), or a bit far ahead in technology compared to the current game (AV-8B, F-35). The A-11 Ghibli feels like a fairly balanced and highly functional option that could fit in the game as it is now while the AV-8B could probably work in a patch or two. The trainer/light attack aircraft would be nice even for filler aircraft with their charming aesthetic, decent performance, and likely placement in early to mid jet battle ratings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal medal

On 28/02/2023 at 21:20, PickleJarOfDeath said:

Satire or not, it highlights a problem. If it's satire, we can just say, "Ok, but for real, what are some good options to fill the gaps?" If it isn't satire, we can just say, "No, this isn't a good idea because there are these options with more meaningful connections and associations with Italy: [...]."

As for unique, currently unimplemented, or indigenous/Italian-involved designs, I've found a select few that would be interesting:

Please note that some of these aircraft are likely very niche in role (Tornado ECR), very limited in performance/combat capability (M-346, MB-339, S.211), or a bit far ahead in technology compared to the current game (AV-8B, F-35). The A-11 Ghibli feels like a fairly balanced and highly functional option that could fit in the game as it is now while the AV-8B could probably work in a patch or two. The trainer/light attack aircraft would be nice even for filler aircraft with their charming aesthetic, decent performance, and likely placement in early to mid jet battle ratings.

The Ghibli was fair game since the addition of the Su-25 and the A-10.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, spacesoldier117 said:

The Ghibli was fair game since the addition of the Su-25 and the A-10.

Which is why it's so unfortunate that we haven't received it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2023 at 21:20, PickleJarOfDeath said:

The problem is that gaijin don't want to implement those aircraft because they don't want to invest anything for make new indegenous CAS for Italy.So if they don't want to give to Us anything, I prefer an A10C istead of nothing

Edited by Il_Signor_Regio
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Il_Signor_Regio said:

The problem is that gaijin don't want to implement those aircraft because they don't want to invest anything for make new indegenous CAS for Italy.So if they don't want to give to Us anything, I prefer an A10C istead of nothing

The issue is that they won't give you the A-10 either. I gave more plausible solutions that I can understand might not make it into the game for the foreseeable future because Gaijin is like that, but that doesn't change the fact that the A-10 is so distinctly unlikely and less likely than things Italy actually made or operated as integrated units in their armed forces. Don't settle for the "worst" option just because it is more than nothing. More than nothing isn't always much better than nothing. I call the A-10 the worst option here because it would be a symbolic addition making a false statement that Italy cannot produce something worth adding to the game. That is clearly false as per the passion of the community.

If you want to get swindled, your asking price should be what you want for it, not higher, or your offer should be as close to someone else's asking price as possible. Are you telling me that you are willing to spend your energy to push for a bad deal rather than use that same energy and push for something better? I don't understand how someone carrying a defeatist attitude like this is willing to waste their energy on something whatsoever. Needless to mention, but that wastes an opportunity for other options that others might want and you would also enjoy.

10 hours ago, PickleJarOfDeath said:

The issue is that they won't give you the A-10 either. I gave more plausible solutions that I can understand might not make it into the game for the foreseeable future because Gaijin is like that, but that doesn't change the fact that the A-10 is so distinctly unlikely and less likely than things Italy actually made or operated as integrated units in their armed forces. Don't settle for the "worst" option just because it is more than nothing. More than nothing isn't always much better than nothing. I call the A-10 the worst option here because it would be a symbolic addition making a false statement that Italy cannot produce something worth adding to the game. That is clearly false as per the passion of the community.

If you want to get swindled, your asking price should be what you want for it, not higher, or your offer should be as close to someone else's asking price as possible. Are you telling me that you are willing to spend your energy to push for a bad deal rather than use that same energy and push for something better? I don't understand how someone carrying a defeatist attitude like this is willing to waste their energy on something whatsoever. Needless to mention, but that wastes an opportunity for other options that others might want and you would also enjoy.

Considering the F16AJ,Swedish helicopters and T80, this is the same situation.Talking about my point of view,I would prefer a tons Our indegenous aircrafts istead of an A10, but I'm realistic.Gaijin don't want to add anything unique to Us so this is the only choice.Trust me,I would prefer a lot more Italian CAS but if we can't get those aircrafts, as I said previously, A10C is better than nothing.

Edited by Il_Signor_Regio
  • Upvote 1