HÆRENS FLYVEMASKINFABRIKK F.F.7 HAUK, Norway

Til_Dovre_Faller

Would you like to see this in-game?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this in-game?

HÆRENS FLYVEMASKINFABRIKK F.F.7 HAUK

01RW1bkxsE?dimension=1200x1200

Two-seat reconnaissance and combat aircraft

14 planes

ARMAMENT

2x LMG08/15, 7.92mm
2x Parabellum MG 14, 7.92 mm

TECHNICAL DATA

Crew: 2
Length: 7.00 m
Wingspan: 10.49 m
Height: 2.85 m
Wing area: 28.50 m²
Weight without load: 745 kg
Maximum weight: 1,165 kg
Engine: 1x Mercedes D.IIIa

PERFORMANCE
Maximum speed: 175 km/h
Climbing speed: 3,000 m/12 min
Range: 340 km
Cruising altitude: 7,500 m

Serial number     No     In the service of the army     Fate

137                      203        19.09.1922 - 22.04.1933       Decommissioned and stored for museum

138                      205        14.04.1923 - 15.05.1930       Discarded

139                      207        24.05.1923 - 22.04.1933       Decommissioned and stored for museum

140                      209        30.06.1923 - 21-08.1928       Total wreck by Fetsund, Norway

141                      211         28.07.1923 - 09.11.1925       Discarded

142                      213         25.07.1923 - 15.08.1928       Total wreck by Elverum, Norway

143                      215         31.07.1923 - 27.02.1925       Total wreck by Værnes, Norway

144                      217         07.09.1923 - 15.05.1930       Discarded

145                      219         07.09.1923 - 15.05.1930       Discarded

146                      221               11.1923 - 15.05.1930      Discarded

147                      223               08.1924 - 15.05.1930      Discarded

148                      225         02.07.1924 -  15.05.1930      Total wreck by Kjeller, Norway

149                      227              07.1924 - 10.08.1925       Total wreck by Kjeller, Norway

150                      229              06.1924 - 12.08.1927       Total wreck by Nybergsund, Norway

HISTORY

When the First World War ended, the Norwegian Air Force had a strong need to replace the various reconnaissance aircraft of the Farman type with more modern equipment. German Hannoversche Waggonfabrik AG had built a number of two-seater scout aircraft during the war years, including the Hannover CL.V, which was well tested when the war ended. Norway bought license rights and started production under the name F.F7 HAUK at Flyvemaskinfabrikken in Kjeller. in the years 1923-24, 14 F.F7 Hauk were built under licence. They were used for reconnaissance at Sønnenfjeldske Flyveavdeling in the years 1923-28, and the last ones were taken out of service in 1929. Several Scandinavian altitude records were set with this aircraft, the last in 1924 with 8,450 metres.

The engine and cockpit from a Norwegian Hauk have been preserved and are on display at the Norwegian Museum of Technology in Oslo

PICTRUES (exclusive)

SOURCES

As always, if you got any extra additional information, or tips to make the post better, feel free to add your thoughts!!

Til_Dovre_Faller

Edited by Til_Dovre_Faller
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mahiwew said:

Much too poor performance

not if they make arrangements for it!

Still better than the po2 lol

1 hour ago, Colerend said:

max speed 175km/h............

Still better than the po2 haha, so if they make arranements for it, it should be fine, expecially if they add more of this era 

The armament should be enough to take out most sinlar planes, and the mobility should be pretty great

And the Po2 is a great plane

• Confused 3

if rank 0 becomes a thing then yes, in the meantime, no.

i'm not sure why you use the Po-2's speed as an argument while it's an event plane special for its low speed. i think the next slowest thing is still about 250km/h, way faster than this.

what's sad is that this suggestion is representative of almost all of your suggestions, <200km/h capable planes with 1 or 2 WWI-era machine guns, it's simply not suitable for the game and floods the suggestions with, quite frankly but i don't mean it personally, junk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
medal

25 minutes ago, mr_boo said:

if rank 0 becomes a thing then yes, in the meantime, no.

i'm not sure why you use the Po-2's speed as an argument while it's an event plane special for its low speed. i think the next slowest thing is still about 250km/h, way faster than this.

what's sad is that this suggestion is representative of almost all of your suggestions, <200km/h capable planes with 1 or 2 WWI-era machine guns, it's simply not suitable for the game and floods the suggestions with, quite frankly but i don't mean it personally, junk.

The po2 wasn't alway a gift/event plane. And i guess it is because it is the only plane like that currently in-game. And there are many that are just as slow, for example TB-3M

The po2 is anyway a good plane, of course if you play and use it like it is intended to be

I have many planes simlar to this, and they will be suggested (everything that got armament mounted)

Because the plane has poorer specs and armament, doesnt make the plane junk :)

And i have suggested many planes, and this does not represent all my other suggestions. I have gone from suggesting the newest planes to now suggesting the oldest ones

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Til_Dovre_Faller said:

not if they make arrangements for it!

Still better than the po2 lol

Define "arrangements". 
And no, it's not that much better than Po-2.
Sure, the top speed is higher, but it's still much too slow for even 1.0.
The climbing rate is 4.2 m/s, Po-2 has 2.3. This is only marginally better.

And sure, it may have superior armament. Good luck getting it on target. It doesn't even carry bombs or rockets from what you show, so it can't even reliably work against ground targets.

24 minutes ago, Til_Dovre_Faller said:

The po2 wasn't alway a gift/event plane. And i guess it is because it is the only plane like that currently in-game. And there are many that are just as slow, for example TB-3M

The po2 is anyway a good plane, of course if you play and use it like it is intended to be

I have many planes simlar to this, and they will be suggested (everything that got armament mounted)

Because the plane has poorer specs and armament, doesnt make the plane junk :)

And i have suggested many planes, and this does not represent all my other suggestions. I have gone from suggesting the newest planes to now suggesting the oldest ones

TB-3M is a bomber. It is incomparable to the plane that is presented here. 
TB-3M has a very big bombload for its BR, has many defensive turrets and is still BETTER than the Hauk in speed and climb-rate. 

And no, Po-2 is not a good plane whatsoever. 
Compare it to the Hs 123, SB2U, S17BS and even the Swordfish. 
They all have superior armaments, both in terms of guns and suspended armaments.
They all have superior flight characteristics. 
And most importantly, none of these have been removed for poor performance, whereas the Po-2 has. 

So even if you "play it as intended", it is still vastly inferior to the aircraft that fulfil the same role at the same BR. 
It is inferior by virtue of competition. Nevermind the fact how you are bullet bait.

And oh Christ, more bloat from aircraft that are either uninteresting or absolutely unsuited for the game. 
Yikes.

Don't get this argument of "bad performance doesn't make the plane bad" either. Could you explain this?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, Mahiwew said:

Define "arrangements". 
And no, it's not that much better than Po-2.
Sure, the top speed is higher, but it's still much too slow for even 1.0.
The climbing rate is 4.2 m/s, Po-2 has 2.3. This is only marginally better.

And sure, it may have superior armament. Good luck getting it on target. It doesn't even carry bombs or rockets from what you show, so it can't even reliably work against ground targets.

Not every plane is made for ground attack, this is a fighter

When i use the po2 or simlar crafts, i usually lure the players into situations, example dogfight/low speed amd take it from there, usually only good outcome

And no, Po-2 is not a good plane whatsoever. 

Skill issue :DD

And oh Christ, more bloat from aircraft that are either uninteresting or absolutely unsuited for the game. 
Yikes.

Don't get this argument of "bad performance doesn't make the plane bad" either. Could you explain this?

Everything will be suggested, and then it is up to the devs to decide what they do with it, cause notw hey know it exists

Define "arrangements". 

Gamemodes, add simlar vehicles, matchmaking etc....

------

But in the end, i will always be for older vehicles, vessels and aircraft. Dor many reasons, where one is that there are a crazy amount of unique stuff from all around the world, yes, even norway

Poor performance and poor armanent, still the player it depends on

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

And just for point of referanse 

The HNoMS Ellida Corvette

Of course it is old, and yes it is made of oak with no armour!

It has a good armament, with both large cannons, small rapid-firing cannons and even torpedoes

The  HNoMS Nordsrjernen with 10x 120mm cannons and 6x 37 mm rapid firing cannons.

And then one of the danish ones equipped with;

16 x 15 cm Guns
6 x 37 mm Machine guns
1 x 37 mm Gun
1 x 8 mm Machine gun
2 x 35, 5 cm Torpedo tubes

Those are old but still absolutely competetive

6 minutes ago, Til_Dovre_Faller said:

It has a good armament, with both large cannons, small rapid-firing cannons and even torpedoes

The  HNoMS Nordsrjernen with 10x 120mm cannons and 6x 37 mm rapid firing cannons.

16 x 15 cm Guns
6 x 37 mm Machine guns
1 x 37 mm Gun
1 x 8 mm Machine gun

old, competitive and absolutely unrelated and irrelevant to this discussion 

• Confused 1
medal

31 minutes ago, mr_boo said:

old, competitive and absolutely unrelated and irrelevant to this discussion 

You conpletely misunderstood my point, wether it was on purpose, or not idk

16 minutes ago, Til_Dovre_Faller said:

Not every plane is made for ground attack, this is a fighter

When i use the po2 or simlar crafts, i usually lure the players into situations, example dogfight/low speed amd take it from there, usually only good outcome

Skill issue :DD

Everything will be suggested, and then it is up to the devs to decide what they do with it, cause notw hey know it exists

Gamemodes, add simlar vehicles, matchmaking etc....

------

But in the end, i will always be for older vehicles, vessels and aircraft. Dor many reasons, where one is that there are a crazy amount of unique stuff from all around the world, yes, even norway

Poor performance and poor armanent, still the player it depends on

You are the one who initially compared it to the Po-2, don't pin that down on me.

image.png.ba02adfb63b049c1a57962ee6657d8

Lies also won't hide the truth, you have two games in the PO-2M, dying in both and only getting a single air kill.

So a "skill issue" comment won't change anything.

It is also unreasonable to assume Gaijin will even make the arrangements you suggest, especially after they removed some French and Japanese tanks years after the Po-2's removal while continually expanding the top tier capabilities, which in turn shows no indication that Gaijin is interested in expanding the tiers downwards.

And no, it's not just player dependent either.
Else we'd consistently see 1.0 vehicles killing top tier stuff, which is not the case.

14 minutes ago, Til_Dovre_Faller said:

16 x 15 cm Guns
6 x 37 mm Machine guns
1 x 37 mm Gun
1 x 8 mm Machine gun

This is just absurd.
You are comparing a ships to a plane that is outperformed by any would-be in-game peers.
The Ellida would likely only be viable at the lowest tiers.
The Nordsrjernen at least has something going for it: The Hauk has nothing.

The reason old ships could be viable in game is because they offer huge firepower and thick armor. 
Ships, however, are incomparable to aircraft. 
Your argumentations are beyond me.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Til_Dovre_Faller said:

Yeah, whatever

Ah yes, the solid argument of "Actually I don't care"

Should this plane be added to the TT? It's possible, but oh boy would it not be beginner friendly. You're talking about a plane with an alright armament of 4 7.7s, but it has half the speed of something like the Hawker Fury. It would be horrendously tedious to play, and every map would feel like the operation maps do at top tier do. 10 minutes of flying, only to be completely outclassed by everyone else. 

Saying that, it's such a shame there's no way to introduce (Practically) useless vehicles that would suck as TT vehicles... Oh yeah, Events... Or like the OS2U, just have them unlock once you progress further into the tree. 

+1

• Confused 1
medal

• 2 weeks later...

i care about this era vehicles very much. ad if it gets added, it should be in rank one at 1.0, reserve or locked like you mentioned. like it is in the amreikan TT

i have some rules i am trying to live by, and one of them is to avoid arguments wich turn out like this, there is absolutely nothing to gain from this squabbling

yes this is an old plane, and with worse specifications than a lot of planes, i do of course know that. and i am not expecting them or demanding them to do arrangements or changes based on my wished, i am not stupid, you might think. 

i am neither lying, about the po2, i got it during the event, and i took it for a spin in air rb, and i killed a plane with its rockets, since it doesn't have any offensive machineguns. and considering that i have grinded the sovjet tree up to rank 3, and are starting on rank 4, i am not interested in playing this low br to barely get any progress on these rank 4 vehicles. i have used it in custom battles, bot for training and testing the planes limits, as i am doing with some tanks and planes.

the business with the ships i dragged into this argument, it was a n failed attempt to shot that older vehicles still are competetive and useable. and for information, i included thote at rank 1 in the naval trees

i have spent hours creating these suggestions, and i will keep on doing that. as long it is a vehicle with armament mounted, then there is the developers choise if they want to do anything with it. who knows what they are up to? many players also want older stuff in-game, just never say never!

so even if those old stuff will never be added to warthunder, it is still a piece of history, which has now been brought forth from oblivion. maybe it could get added to enlisted? or any ww1 military simulator runned by Gaijin?

but you're obviously to pissed to care (too busy with your personal vendetta downvoting all of my posts haha) 

Anyway i am not here to argument and squabble, so i am sorry for provoking it. but for normal conversations and not heated ones like this is getting into.

Regards

Til_Dovre_Faller

grammar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1