D.944 PSZH - Hungary's "Bunnycar"

atta26hu

D.944 PSZH - Hungary  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this vehicle to be added?

• yes
    • no (explaine why)

The PSZH - Páncélozott Személyszállító Harcjármű

pszh-2.jpg

Development of the PSZH:

In the 1960s Hungary developed the PSZH on the basis of the FUG (Felderítő Úszó Gépkocsi) because of the lack of modern APCs and the cons of the FUG, the PSZH is an wheeled 4x4 amphibious armoured APC. The first 7 prototypes of the PSZH had casted turrets and had a 20mm gun from the IL-10 named FUG-70. Because of the 20mm they made casted turrets but the factory could not make those casted turrets so they changed the weaponry to the 14.5mm KVPT heavy machine gun. In the second half of 1966 the four prototypes were tested on the Vlatava military exercise. On Táborfalva with two prototypes they checked the adjustments and the safety of the vehicle and then they tested the vehicle in a 5000km team test. The vehicle scored 68 points and on the amendments the vehicle had a lot of things missing. In 1967 they ironed out the problems and the vehicle was ready for serial-production. The vehicle was issued to the Police and the Hungarian People's Army. On both sides the vehicle had two-part doors that the crew/personnel could get out. It did not have the 4 additional wheels on the belly like on the BRDM-2. It had NBC protection. The PSZH carried 6 troops and had a crew of 3 and had a different turret than the BRDM-2 that had better ergonomics and observation. Had a nickname among crews called "Nyuszibusz" meaning Bunnycar.

Specifications:

Crew: 3+6 people
Length: 5.69 m
Width: 2.5 m
Height: 2.3 m
Weight: 7,6 tonnes
Armor: 14 mm welded steel
Primary armament: 14.5 mm KPVT machine gun
Secondary armament: KGKT 7.62 mm machine gun
Engine Csepel: D-414.44 four-cylinder diesel engine

D-414.44 = 100 HP (74.57 kW)
Speed: on road (max.) = 81 km/h
            Off-road (max.) = 45 km/h
            In water (max.) = 9 km/h km/h
Range: 500 km

Sight: KM-1

elevation/deppression: +30o

-5o

The turret was hand cranked.

Features: the vehicle had two TVN-2 infrared lights, one beside the weaponry and the other on top of the turret (it had night vision equipment)

More pictures:

31594771248_0a75c8224e_b.jpg

d442_alak.jpg

CS-D-944 PSZH-CP (02) - Makettinfo.hu

The vehicle served in the Warsaw pact, after 1980 when the production of the vehicle stopped,  it was not used by the army anymore, it was just used by the protection units.

Sources:

https://forum.htka.hu/threads/raba-fejlesztesu-pszh.243/page-9

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131561895@N06/31594771248

https://haditechnikaiintezet.hu/fejlesztes/d-944-pancelozott-szallito-harcjarmu-pszh

https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSZH

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-442_FUG#Development_of_PSZH

https://military-technology.blog.hu/2020/10/02/a_raba_vp-tol_a_kf41_hiuzig

Edited by atta26hu
  • Upvote 2
medal

• Suggestion Moderator

Open for Discussion :)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, G1label said:

-1  this thing would be 2.0 at most, a 1960s era vehicle fighting rank 1 tanks would be kinda strange.

There is a version with three Malyutka missiles mounted on it which could be at a much higher br.

It could fight at rank 2 like the BTR-152A, as an AA but the problem is it has 30o of gun elevation.

11 hours ago, Thatz said:

Open for Discussion :)

Thank you!

medal

4 hours ago, atta26hu said:

There is a version with three Malyutka missiles mounted on it which could be at a much higher br.

I would like to see that

• Upvote 1
medal

Just now, G1label said:

I would like to see that

It looks like this

pszh-hu.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
medal

8 hours ago, atta26hu said:

It could fight at rank 2 like the BTR-152A, as an AA but the problem is it has 30o of gun elevation.

Thank you!

Definitely would like to see the AGTM version, the version with just the machine gun might be an okay addition too.  +1.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• atta26hu changed the title to D.944 PSZH - Hungary's "Bunnycar"
17 minutes ago, _Condottiero_ said:

+1 for Atgm variant, imo such vehicles running around with just KPVT or Browning at 1.0-2.0 is an awful idea.

Yes, I see that, a 1960s armoured car fighting pre-WW2 cars and trucks would be a bit ridiculous. And a 14.5 mm MG as your only armament means you would be useless against anything with armour. It just reminds me of how annoying it is to fight the BTR 152 because of its strong cold war MG resistant armour, this would likely be similar and so would be a bit hard to kill. It would just feel really odd. The ATGM variant would be great though. It could serve as a vital high tier part of a Hungarian sub tree. Can we have some information on the performance of the ATGMs?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

With the 14.5 & the Malyutkas, this car is just barely bleeding the edge between ATGM carrier and "IFV" in terms of armament. +1, would be interesting to have a high mobility ATGM vehicle instead of the typical slow tow box. As for the regular 14.5, ehhh. It would be hard to make fit in the game reasonably- there is a reason we don't have BRDMs despite them being an option for several TTs.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Victory_799@psn said:

Yes, I see that, a 1960s armoured car fighting pre-WW2 cars and trucks would be a bit ridiculous. And a 14.5 mm MG as your only armament means you would be useless against anything with armour. It just reminds me of how annoying it is to fight the BTR 152 because of its strong cold war MG resistant armour, this would likely be similar and so would be a bit hard to kill. It would just feel really odd. The ATGM variant would be great though. It could serve as a vital high tier part of a Hungarian sub tree. Can we have some information on the performance of the ATGMs?

They are malyutkas same atgms found on the bmp-1.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

15 hours ago, Victory_799@psn said:

These are MCLOS guided Malyutka missiles, same as on the BMP-1 IFV.

• Thanks 1
medal

On 24/03/2023 at 01:47, CubicSquare said:

With the 14.5 & the Malyutkas, this car is just barely bleeding the edge between ATGM carrier and "IFV" in terms of armament. +1, would be interesting to have a high mobility ATGM vehicle instead of the typical slow tow box. As for the regular 14.5, ehhh. It would be hard to make fit in the game reasonably- there is a reason we don't have BRDMs despite them being an option for several TTs.

I think it would be more like the ATGM carries we have in game, like the Swingfire or the Type 60 with machineguns. The type-60 has a 12.7mm, the PSZH would have a 14.5mm, a 360o traversable turret and ATGMs.

Its pros would be high mobility and a 14.5mm machinegun not a 12.7mm like on the Type-60 and or the Swingfires 7.62mm. Its downside would be that the missiles are MCLOS guided.

medal

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend editing the suggestion to include the ATGMs, as many people point out that this would be a very out-of-place low tier car with just the 14.5 mm MG. With the ATGMs, this would be fun, useful, and would have a more natural/logical place in the game. Also, this would be a more valuable addition to the (possibly upcoming) Hungarian sub tree/tech tree as a high tier rank V ATGM carrying light tank than as a low tier rank I armoured car with only an MG, as Hungary had plenty of those low tier rank I-III vehicles but much fewer rank IV+ vehicles, so this would be important to have for Hungary's high tier.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Colerend said:

-1 a single KPVT machine gun is not gonna cut it. If added it would be too low in BR. The ATGM version sounds interesting tho. Would definitely have a place in game.

Only possibility for the non ATGM version to be in game that it would need to be like an AA, but it has only 300 elevation, which is not a lot. So the ATGM version would be the best. But I think both can be ingame.

Yes the ATGM version would be an interesting and fun vehicle.

Edited by atta26hu
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
medal