Aces of Thunder - New PSVR2 Game!

Dear Gaijin,

You will kindly find my suggestions for the upcoming PSVR2 Game Ace Thunder:

• Make it compatible with Thrustmaster Hotas 4 (not just PSVR2 controller)
  • Please make SIM mode available (not just Realistic Battles with VR visuals)
  • Please add jets (or at least add it later)
  • Please and please combine it with the Playstation players accounts. I have been playing Warthunder since 2013 and not want to just restart from 0)

I hope things mentioned above will some affect

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, snake271 said:

HI 
Other question : it is PSVR 2 exclusive ?

It seems so, because PC players already have the VR option (even fro the jets) so they will not interested in a separate game .

And maybe (a big maybe) Gaijin will separate Air-SIM mode from its current game and this might be the first step (who knows)

1 minute ago, uzunelendil@psn said:

It seems so, because PC players already have the VR option (even fro the jets) so they will not interested in a separate game .

And maybe (a big maybe) Gaijin will separate Air-SIM mode from its current game and this might be the first step (who knows)

maybe but pc player have VR just we dont have any interaction with VR gamepad and we can see the hand of the player in this trailer that why i ask because if they upgrade VR on PC too it can be THE VR flight Sim

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This is separate, paid standalone game.

We will share more info later :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Stona said:

Este es un juego independiente pagado por separado.

Compartiremos más información más adelante. :)

Will the game only be able To be played with the vr headset or can it be played without one, thank you.

medal medal

18 hours ago, Stona said:

This is separate, paid standalone game.

We will share more info later :)

Ok, please don't forget jets :D & also flight stick (Thrustmaster Hotas 4) availability .

Already got the PSVR2 and just played No Mans Sky spaceship with cockpit view, even with that graphics (and not much detail in cockpit) it is an unbeliaveble experience. I cannot imagine War Thunder planes

Edited by uzunelendil@psn
  • Like 2

Unfortunately, I think this game is dead on arrival. Think about how many people actually own the psvr2. I’m sure it’s less than 10% of ps5 owners. Now consider that it’s a stand alone game with just ps5 psvr2 players. No pc players, no Xbox players, no PlayStation players using a controller. How many people do they expect to be playing this game? On top of that, look at the price of psvr2, it’s more than the ps5. As much as I think I would enjoy this, it won’t be worth buying the vr setup for a game no one has. I don’t see people running out to the stores to buy the psvr2 at its current price for 1 or 2 games.

Yup, I can't justify NZ$1000.00 for PSVR for a stand alone game that is going to struggle to fill matches with 16 v 16. Maybe it will be 12 v 12 or 8 v 8.The only way I can see filled matches is if there is no BR system and you can also play it with just a controller and no VR. Maybe the dev's have a creative way to fill matches?

I'd also like to know if this game will be digital download only or also available on disc? I only buy disc based games so I can on sell them later when I'm done with them. Otherwise, I only do digital download free to play.

Another thing I'd like to know is, does the game have a campaign or is it online battles only?

If it is online battles only you'd also have to buy PS+ if you don't already have it. That's another NZ$90.00.

Honestly, I don't see the point in buying a new game and DLC packs in the future when you can have all your aircraft right now in War Thunder and use PS HD camera head tracking or play your PS account in VR on PC.

While we are at it, what controllers, joysticks and pedals is the VR game going to support?

Edited by PureGT_Muzz@psn
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 minutes ago, PureGT_Muzz@psn said:

Yup, I can't justify NZ$1000.00 for PSVR for a stand alone game that is going to struggle to fill matches with 16 v 16. Maybe it will be 12 v 12 or 8 v 8.The only way I can see filled matches is if there is no BR system and you can also play it with just a controller and no VR. Maybe the dev's have a creative way to fill matches?

I'd also like to know if this game will be digital download only or also available on disc? I only buy disc based games so I can on sell them later when I'm done with them. Otherwise, I only do digital download free to play.

Another thing I'd like to know is, does the game have a campaign or is it online battles only?

If it is online battles only you'd also have to buy PS+ if you don't already have it. That's another NZ$90.00.

Honestly, I don't see the point when you can have all your aircraft right now in War Thunder and use PS HD camera head tracking or play your PS account in VR on PC.

While we are at it, what controllers, joysticks and pedals is the VR game going to support?

I would buy the vr setup if I know it will have a strong player base, I just don’t think it will. The vr controls look like it will work well with the haptics. Let’s say that in a perfect world everyone has the psvr2. The game needs to be much larger than 16v16. It needs to be something more like 50v50 with no br system. The game modes need to be completely different as well. They should have historical battle scenarios with only those aircraft available in said battle. The current sim mode on warthunder is stale. The game mode is boring with no historical element to it. It could easily be fixed but they dug themselves a hole with all the captured plane bs. At least with it being a stand alone title they have a clean slate to do it right. I just don’t think there is a big enough market for psvr2. There just isn’t enough games to give the consumer a reason to purchase it. I do like the idea though, and if it proves to have a strong enough player base, I will purchase the psvr2 and the game. Good luck gajin, I hope you do the game modes right for this game and it’s a success.

20 minutes ago, sean_87_@psn said:

and it’s a success.

Yup me to. I just struggle with the player numbers and up front cost.

The genre is a very niche market in a small pool of PSVR2 users.

Edited by PureGT_Muzz@psn
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Miraz05 said:

no grinding? 

It doesn’t seem like it’s to the extent warthunder is. I’m sure there will be some sort of progression system, but they stated planes will be included in purchase. It’s probably setup more in the traditional pvp shooter scheme. Planes include, but skins paid for and/or progressed towards.

• Like 1