Swedish 30mm tracers found!

DrPotis

Currently sweden does not have tracers for thier 30mm akan m/55 cannon becuese it was tought they dident use them! But in the swedish Flygvapnemuseum (Air force museum) there is real live evidance of 30mm tracers! In this case they are called Övn prj m/55 (övnings projktil) translated to english (traning round) You can even wiew them with a picture online thru the swedish digital museum!

This means tracers should come back for the swedish 30mm akan m/55 and the gun pod of course! (excluding the ja37 cuz it uses m/75 cannon) :D

In the picture you can see the rounds in the black box to the left, under the brown and black tipped bullets they say "Övn prj m/55 "on a metal plate under them.

https://digitaltmuseum.se/021026298473/materieltavla

EDIT: IM LOSING MY MIND.

Well so far what i have found out is well... there maybe existed tracers but also there isn't any information that It didn't exist. Sweden has thier own colors to mark what the bullets are and to but some instances where it dosent make sense and while some were it does. Silver/white tip should mean tracer round and there are pictures of 30mm akan m/55 that are silver, BUT NOT SILVER TIPPED JUST SILVER. Is it tracer then or not? It just states its Övningsamunation för m/55 akan.

https://digitaltmuseum.org/021026253031/ammunition

EDIT 2: OH GOD PLZ OH GOD NOT THE VOICES?!

I found a picture of a silver tipped 30mm round! That means tracer baby!!! ITS FINALLY SOLVED IM FREEEEEE!!! No, it's too easy. The 30mm silver tipped tracer bullet is for a 30mm but for the m/75. The gun the viggen uses... sooo yeah viggen tracer confirmed?

https://digitaltmuseum.org/021026253051/ammunition

EDIT 4: I don't think i should research this topic more even though I am swedish. I dont think I am qualified for this. Maybe, maybe i am the problem maybe I should just stop whining and grow up. Become a man, move out of my parents house, embrace the no tracer life. And just simply enjoy life. That sounds nice, yeah, reaaal good.

EDIT 4,5: I found a possible answer to ena this misery. Here in sweden there exist an book or rather document that is publicly available in the Riksarkivet in stockholm (national archive). But the thing is my will power is drained and my drive extinguished. Maybe in the future I will journey there to find the truth But not now. So yeah... 

Here you can see were to find the sacred document:

http://libris.kb.se/bib/11482468

m/75 tracer round

image.png.ddf03946b8f74fefb2998e1e74b130

Silver = tracer?

image.png.683534afa289c0000d2c46818bd646

image.png.df215183e0a8b44a810b6c193716f0

952328615_30mmtracesrs.PNG.bbcafa23deb1b

Edited by DrPotis
In pain
  • Upvote 2
medal

Totally agree the J32B is a nice jet ruined by both being too high in Br. and mostly its ammo belts are sheath belts when it literally doesn't have stealth belts, you literally cant see where your shooting making it utterly useless. The A32A doesn't have this problem anymore at one point it's belts were all stealth belted but now they work you can dare I say it SEE where your shooting gasp, they never used to be this way just yet another one of those things gaijin made to make life more miserable.

This needs a mods attention to shove it in front of the dev's.

Edited by Ace_Tridax
  • Like 2
medal medal medal medal

54 minutes ago, Josephs_Piano said:

Yeah it's been seen before and passed to the dev's - but as a training round not sure it'll make it to combat use in WT.

Better than the garbage belts we got for the Swedish 30mm's at least,

medal medal medal medal

56 minutes ago, Josephs_Piano said:

Yeah it's been seen before and passed to the dev's - but as a training round not sure it'll make it to combat use in WT.

Other nations have belts that have practice munitions included (I remember Japan and Britain off the top of my head.)

2 hours ago, DrPotis said:

In this case they are called Övn prj m/55 (övnings projktil)

Aren't practice tracers usually named " Sparljusaovningsprojektil " in the swedish terminology ? While this is a training round, it may be of the type without a tail - similar ones are found on the Hispano.

Edited by Motherhen357@psn
medal medal medal

Some say that these planes never used these rounds in combat. But A BIG BUTT is that sweden never entered any air combat with the planes using the m/55 so how can we be so sure that some planes did not load tracers especially for the planes that did not have aim lead. 

Also, we already have access to Swedish trainer planes, so why could we not be able to get access to training rounds with tracer like am I right or am I right right!?

And also also, not getting traces would not be the end of the world, but many people, including myself, suffer from a chronic disease called skill issue, and traces would help alot to combat this awful disease!

medal

2 hours ago, Motherhen357@psn said:

Aren't practice tracers usually named " Sparljusaovningsprojektil " in the swedish terminology ? While this is a training round, it may be of the type without a tail - similar ones are found on the Hispano.

You are right! But there's little information and my brain is starting to hurt from all the information gathering. According to Swedish designations for rounds. A tracer round should have a white/silver tip. Whilst black represents armor piercing and orange incendiary rounds like in the picture. But then why would you have armor percing and incendiary traning rounds? Then in the same picture you can see high explosive rounds (the yellow ones). Then also on the site there are picture of completely silver 30mm övningsammunation. It only says they are training rounds for 30mm akan m/55, possibly tracer? I haven't been able to find any documentation on m/55 rounds. Well there was some physical documentation about swedish amunation iirc that you could get access to here in sweden thru a library, but i dont remmber where and also I'm not gonna go out to touch grass just to find out if swedish 30mm tracers were real or not :)

Silver/white rounds 

image.png.f398d6a0079e6fd6f188aa6340abfe

Edited by DrPotis
medal

1 hour ago, TheNexonRegime said:

Other nations have belts that have practice munitions included (I remember Japan and Britain off the top of my head.)

Japanese loaded a practice round as the first in every combat belt - to make sure het bore was clean apparently.

Brits used a lot of ball ammunition in 303's in the early days - due to not having anything better to use.

So not the same.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, DrPotis said:

You are right! But there's little information and my brain is starting to hurt from all the information gathering. According to Swedish designations for rounds. A tracer round should have a white/silver tip. Whilst black represents armor piercing and orange incendiary rounds like in the picture. But then why would you have armor percing and incendiary traning rounds? Then in the same picture you can see high explosive rounds (the yellow ones). Then also on the site there are picture of completely silver 30mm övningsammunation. It only says they are training rounds for 30mm akan m/55, possibly tracer? I haven't been able to find any documentation on m/55 rounds. Well there was some physical documentation about swedish amunation iirc that you could get access to here in sweden thru a library, but i dont remmber where and also I'm not gonna go out to touch grass just to find out if swedish 30mm tracers were real or not :)

Silver/white rounds 

image.png.f398d6a0079e6fd6f188aa6340abfe

bruh thoose are dummy rounds, look at the missing primer

medal

11 hours ago, TheNexonRegime said:

As @Josephs_Piano noted, they might've been used for something else... additionally, Gaijin has stated that the round names don't necessarily coincide with what they were actually used for because they go by what composition would match a round the best, and if the composition is closest to a training round, they would name it training round, even if in reality actual combat rounds.

Best regards,

Phil

Edited by Target1331
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, strv122 said:

bruh thoose are dummy rounds, look at the missing primer

Do you honestly think any military would keep live ammo in a case for civilians to view In a museum, I can think of many ways that can go south FAST.

medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator

Bruh, every green and silver cartridge is a dummy round (blindpatron), and the 30 mm övnprj m/55 and m/75 target practice rounds do not have a tracer.

image.png

image.png

On 08/04/2023 at 04:26, Motherhen357@psn said:

Bingo. Any tracer projectile feature the prefix spårljus ("track light"), abbreviated as sl.

• Technical Moderator

The proper solution is to implement a lead indicator for the J32B and beyond.

1cdAtD8.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, blockhaj said:

The proper solution is to implement a lead indicator for the J32B and beyond.

1cdAtD8.png

Lead indicators would work it's a nice jet and gaijin could keep their ghost rounds, would also need to work for 3rd person too.

medal medal medal medal