Helicopters are BROKEN

towerjumper

So i just want to play the f16 in ground battles because they buffed the AGM65 and it can now do the loft manouvre. but almsot 9/10 games i get killed by either a Z-19 with a 5km TV-90 missle snipe, or from some ka50/52 with a vikr missle. Can someone pls tell me how to avoid and kill these overpowered basically flying SPAA? because its getting very frustrating that there are helicopters with 8 missles that can snipe you from 5km and that easilly pull 30G.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 1
medal

• 2 weeks later...

Its almost exclusively chinese helis. Last time I spawned my Tiger UHT I also was shot down by a Z-19 or something like 10 seconds after spawn. They exploit their overpowered AA missile count they can bring as first spawn at match start. They spawn their heli at matchstart, fly around the ground map and bunker down in missile range of the enemy heliport and/or airspawn. Hovering very low behind some buildings or whatever cover. Then they camp and often OSK anyone who spawns in a new air vehicle: You bring your F-16 for 800 spawn points? Getting shot by a chinese heli every day. You bring your own heli? Often you barely manage to hover up 10m before you get shot out of nowhere.

Its the price of Gajin's decision that chinese helis can be spawned immeadely at matchstart with their incredible anti air loadout. When everyone else finally spawns in air units, they're already set up to literally spawnkill. You can't really counter this, since other air units are commonly spawned much later into the match. So they have all time they need to hide themselves in the enemy map half with their 8x to incredible 16x (lol) Ty loadout. From this point on its like having a Pantsir set up behind enemy lines below the opponent air spawn.

16 AAMs Gajin, 16 AAM.s .... Are you sure thats bearable?

Edited by Thodin
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

25 minutes ago, llSolitairell@psn said:

ITT: ppl with AGM-65s and PARS3 LRs not realising they have a missile that outranges TY-90s by several kilometers

Sure, but they are slower by 1.1 Mach, can't pull 20Gs, and aren't IR guided, meaning that it takes a lot more effort for people to fire them, which is an obvious disadvantage.

Sure, they can hit ground targets. But another thing- I can't bring them out first spawn, let alone 16 of them. Unlike the TY-90s. Which is a huge reason as to why they are so advantageous. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

1 hour ago, CmdrVince said:

Sure, but they are slower by 1.1 Mach, can't pull 20Gs, and aren't IR guided,

Helicopters aren't pulling 20Gs or going mach 1.1

1 hour ago, CmdrVince said:

meaning that it takes a lot more effort for people to fire them, which is an obvious disadvantage.

wut

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, CmdrVince said:

Sure, but they are slower by 1.1 Mach, can't pull 20Gs, and aren't IR guided, meaning that it takes a lot more effort for people to fire them, which is an obvious disadvantage.

Sure, they can hit ground targets. But another thing- I can't bring them out first spawn, let alone 16 of them. Unlike the TY-90s. Which is a huge reason as to why they are so advantageous. 

Its pretty much this. The 16x (!!!!!!!!) TY loadout can be spawned at matchstart. Means you can bypass the ground battefield unopposed and take an advantageous position to gank every enemy air vehicle which spawns in. PARS helis need alot spawnpoints and thus spawn usually very late into the game. Means you can't pull off the same air spawn / helibase camping thing, they way to reach a spawn camping position is too dangerous by then and to put it more simple: The remaining match time usually won't suffice to do the Grand Tour. Last but not least Pars / Stingers can't hit jets, so a moot point anyways.

You also can't pull something like this in a Mi-24 with R-60M or whatever other heli, cause you just carry 4x AAMs, which isn't enough to do something similar to these chinese AA helis.

Edited by Thodin
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Flares do work against TY90, you have to flare early as soon as TYs are fired. Questions are that ground CAS players are usually not as careful as AIR RB players who always look around, and missles are not highlighted in ground RB (you can still see the smoke tail though). Also, you should be safe if you are within 2km range from TY-90, I mean not flying away from 2km, so it will be safe to head on Z-19/Z-9s at close range.

Vikr is just hard lock, you have to pull hard, go fast to have a chance to dodge them, most important you just do not know if they are fired. And you can not head on KA50/52s.

• Confused 1
medal

4 minutes ago, lucassama said:

Flares do work against TY90, you have to flare early as soon as TYs are fired. Questions are that ground CAS players are usually not as careful as AIR RB players who always look around, and missles are not highlighted in ground RB (you can still see the smoke tail though). Also, you should be safe if you are within 2km range from TY-90, I mean not flying away from 2km, so it will be safe to head on Z-19/Z-9s at close range.

Vikr is just hard lock, you have to pull hard, go fast to have a chance to dodge them, most important you just do not know if they are fired. And you can not head on KA50/52s.

Hmm? They lurk 1m above the ground between some trees or behind a house and delete you as you spawn. They just wait and watch the heliport, as soon as you spawn they get ready and thats it. Autoflares emptry really quick to zero, so the 2nd missile will hit. When they hear the jet engine of a newly spawn aircraft they look up, locate the dot and fire. Dead on arrival. Thats no duel where both have equal chances.

1 hour ago, Thodin said:

16x (!!!!!!!!) TY loadout

which one can spawn 16x? I think the maximum load for TY-90 is 8, 4 each side.

1 hour ago, Thodin said:

these chinese AA helis

kind compensate the lack of SPAA around 10.0 to 11.3 for China. Tor-1 is at 11.7 and that 9.3 PGZ04 is garbage, so Chinese ground singly depends on these heli to do the anti-air job. 

KAs are more of the problem

medal

2 minutes ago, Thodin said:

Hmm? They lurk 1m above the ground between some trees or behind a house and delete you as you spawn. They just wait and watch the heliport, as soon as you spawn they get ready and thats it. Autoflares emptry really quick to zero, so the 2nd missile will hit. When they hear the jet engine of a newly spawn aircraft they look up, locate the dot and fire. Dead on arrival. Thats no duel where both have equal chances.

TY-90 is trash at heli camp, it wont lock things like KA50/52 with IR-whatever system. and it has a hard time shooting things within 2km range.

Camping jet can be a problem, but you should still be able to see the missle firing with white smokes, flare and quickly pull away.

Also, if enemy has multiple Z19/Z9 camping with only TY-90, just advancing them on the ground as they initially have less ground force. You do not even need to worry about these AA helis.

I have more problem with KAs anyway.

medal

Sidewinder 9X and Iris-T already ingame pals :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, lucassama said:

The last TT heli. Z10 or something.

Edited by Thodin

18 minutes ago, lucassama said:

Z-10 4x4 TY-90

Spoiler

1854814033_Loading.._13_05.202321_15_30.

Edited by Dontkev@psn

5 minutes ago, Thodin said:

Sidewinder 9X and Iris-T already ingame pals :facepalm:

The last TT heli. Z10 or something.

I see no problem in the video, Roland can also kill those planes that flying high and with no energy. Just count these Z19/Z9 as SPAA, you see no problem as they at sit pretty high br.

Z10 still, if there's Z10 taking 16 TY90s, just advancing on the ground.

3 minutes ago, Dontkev@psn said:

Z-19/Z-19E

Z-19s only take 4 each side on the inner hardpoints

medal

11 minutes ago, GetoDac said:

you got radar on the F16, how you get killed by helis? also get some AIM7s and pop the helis with radar missles.. cant belive somebody is complaining about losing in a F16 vs a heli..

6 minutes ago, lucassama said:

probably full anti-ground loadout with only two sidewinder, someone just wants a completely safe CAS environment, and do some dog fight in ground RB.

since he meantiones the AGM-65, i thing he playes the US F-16 with has Air-to ground weapons, but therefor not any Radar AAM, just the Lima

41 minutes ago, TheKomrade said:

People who can't counter TY-90 have skill issue. Case closed. Give China proper SPAA between Tor-M1 and PGZ04A and we can talk about balance. 

image.png

Probably all forgot to use the "radar" bwahaha.

3 hours ago, llSolitairell@psn said:

No, but the TY-90s can, which is what I was referring to.

wut

Being able to fire quickly is very much an advantage. The less time required to lock, the easier it is to finish off multiple targets

medal

Thats why you can handily dodge PARS-3 and not that bing chilling AAM.

Also isn't any AGM65 armed aircraft nearly 1000 SP and that Winnie the pooh chopper a first spawn? Apples and Oranges...

medal medal medal medal