Update 2.25.1.131

Stona_WT

DreadnoughtB_a99e24403243cfc24d6880252ed

Ground vehicles

• Incorrect animation of the scout UAV reloading in RB mode has been fixed.
  • Incorrect displaying of the visual model of fired shells in replays has been fixed.
  • Absence of animation of the digging icon when raising/lowering the blade in online battles has been fixed.

Naval

• Automatic firing of the AI-controlled main calibre turrets on blue water ships has been disabled. When switching to the second and third cannon group the main cannons remain aimed wherever the player was aiming when changing.
  • A bug in replays that caused shots from blue water ships to be displayed with a delay has been fixed (report).
  • Missing depth bomb replenishment animation has been fixed.
  • HMS Enterprise — A bug that caused the actual amount of ammunition of the main calibre turret to be less than the player selected before battle has been fixed. The ammunition of the 152 mm single-shot cannons have been increased to 240 shots.
  • Gun Vertical guidance speed for the 36 cm/45 Type 41 cannon has been increased to 8 degrees per second.

Interface

• Display of the required level for the Battle Pass has been added to the description of the challenges.
  • A bug where when editing selected suspended weaponry when adding/removing a Flares/Chaff block in the modification window, the availability of the choice of Flares/Chaff wasn’t updated has been fixed.
  • A bug where the progress of the selected achievement relative to the previously selected mark wasn’t displayed in a battle has been fixed.
  • A bug where battle tasks for RB were displayed in battle in the “Personal Tasks” window in SB mode has been fixed.
  • The battle task window no longer shows medium battle tasks until the reward for the easier one has been taken. Medium battle tasks can not be performed without getting reward for an easy task.

Other changes

• A bug where there were no armoured vehicles in the hangar on the special transportation trailer has been fixed.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stona said:

Automatic firing of the AI-controlled main calibre turrets on blue water ships has been disabled. When switching to the second and third cannon group the main cannons remain aimed wherever the player was aiming when changing.

While it is nice that you are trying to counter the cheaters in naval by disabling main caliber AI firing, most of the cheaters nowadays use full-on 3rd party aimbots, keeping the main guns in 'manual' mode within the game. This bypasses the game's AI gunners entirely, making this new measure pretty much useless. Please start perma-banning the cheaters much more actively, and make it easier to report cheaters by enabling such functionality within the game client itself, if you really want to eradicate unsportsmanlike behavior.

Also, please consider removing the previous anti-botting measure, which requires players to make at least one manual hit in order to receive rewards. Now that main guns cannot be controlled by the AI at all times, this previous feature serves only to reduce the rewards of novice or unlucky players.

P.S. This new feature also seems to have stopped the AI-controlled carriers in aviation battles from shooting at aircraft, as well as stopping AI-controlled ships from firing their main guns in user-made missions. Please adress these issues.

1 hour ago, Stona said:

First, the automatic behaviour of the main calibre sometimes got in the way of players who switched temporarily to another weaponry group: after they returned to the main calibre, they were disappointed to see that it was turned in a direction they didn’t expect. WIth AI disabled, the main calibre should always point in the same direction as you left it.

Since you are thinking that far, why not consider implementing a keybind specifically for locking the main caliber turrets in a certain direction, without switching to the auxiliary or AA calibers? There are situations when you need to keep the main battery pointed at an enemy vessel, look in another direction and maneuver your ship in a certain direction(for example to avoid a torpedo), and keep the AI gunners firing at an aircraft with the secondary and AA guns, all at the same time. A keybind specifically for locking the main caliber turrets would be very useful in such situations.

Edited by kkang2828
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Personally, the "hold your fire," part of this update is not the right move on naval. im sure there are other alternatives to fight against bots in naval battles, but this isnt it. now i can use my secondary or AA armaments to shoot at other ships nearby, without giving up any possible damage output from my primary armament. deactivating a part of the game, because other players would abuse it, still hurts people who play the game. i cant really play my russian ships how i like anymore because of this (get up close, and use the 45mm cannons) because im giving up all output from my primary cannons now. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

I like most of the changes and fixes in this update, but I don't like the AI main caliber functionality change at all. I understand where you're coming from in this decision, but 1) having an option for the player to lock the main caliber turrets before switching to the auxiliary or anti-air turrets would've been a preferable addition, and 2) now players will not be able to efficiently multitask while engaging the various types of targets (from the small motor torpedo and gun boats, and the various types of aircraft, to the massive cruisers and battleships) in the heat of battle.

Plenty times I've found myself having to switch to manual control of the auxiliary or anti-air turrets to quickly dispatch new priority threats coming from the sea or sky, and having the AI functionality available for the main caliber turrets to engage the large ships I designate as targets while I handle the other weapons has saved my bacon quite a few times, to say the least.

Please revert this change, Gaijin.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I was under the impression that setting targets for ai gunners already was a thing? Does that no longer work?
Then again I don't play naval a lot, so it doesn't really matter to me personally.

What does matter to me is that I now get game crashes when ending replays and the number of ghost shells seems to have gone up. The latter was a problem I hardy ever encountered before and it's happenig A LOT now. Hence why I checked replays and stumbled upon the crashes.

medal medal medal medal