Can't change radar mode? Anyone else?

KiloZulu

Just today I've been having a problem where I can't change radar mode in battle (Air RB.)  I haven't had the problem when I try to test it in test flight or custom battle, only when I'm in an actual PVP match.  What's odd is that it'll work at the start of the match, and then stop working after a minute or two.  Sometimes, after I've been hammering on the key long enough, it might change, but that's only been once or twice, and then I'm stuck in that mode, too.  For reference, I've been trying to fly my Mirage F1C-200 tonight.

I made sure that I don't have any other keybinds using that key, at least for aircraft or common.  I haven't had any problem switching until tonight.

• Confused 2
medal

48 minutes ago, KiloZulu said:

Just today I've been having a problem where I can't change radar mode in battle (Air RB.)  I haven't had the problem when I try to test it in test flight or custom battle, only when I'm in an actual PVP match.  What's odd is that it'll work at the start of the match, and then stop working after a minute or two.  Sometimes, after I've been hammering on the key long enough, it might change, but that's only been once or twice, and then I'm stuck in that mode, too.  For reference, I've been trying to fly my Mirage F1C-200 tonight.

I made sure that I don't have any other keybinds using that key, at least for aircraft or common.  I haven't had any problem switching until tonight.

Only thing I can think off is that you're locked to someone and then can't change.
Perhaps a video? So hard to figure these things out based on hearsay alone.

2 minutes ago, El Bananito@live said:

Only thing I can think off is that you're locked to someone and then can't change.
Perhaps a video? So hard to figure these things out based on hearsay alone.

Good thought, but I'm not able to switch with or without a lock.  I'm not sure if it's something I can capture well with a video, but I'll look into it.  Mostly I think you would just see that the radar mode isn't changing.

medal

3 minutes ago, KiloZulu said:

Good thought, but I'm not able to switch with or without a lock.  I'm not sure if it's something I can capture well with a video, but I'll look into it.  Mostly I think you would just see that the radar mode isn't changing.

lol, "show picture proof your package didn't arrive" kinda thing.
Before you do, can you also try binding to another key to rule out that the key itself isn't simply broken?

Edited by El Bananito@live

13 hours ago, El Bananito@live said:

Before you do, can you also try binding to another key to rule out that the key itself isn't simply broken?

I will do that this evening and report back, although I suspect it isn't the key since it works fine in test drive/custom battle.  Thanks.

• Like 1
medal

17 hours ago, El Bananito@live said:

Culprit found!  The hotkey was conflicting with my TrackIR.

What made it so tricky to diagnose was that the key was Num+7, which is also the "Home" key when the Numlock is turned off.  The Home key re-centers the TrackIR system.  The Numlock key is just above the Num+7 key, so all it took was a fat-finger click in the middle of battle and it broke my radar.

• Like 2
medal

4 hours ago, KiloZulu said:

Culprit found!  The hotkey was conflicting with my TrackIR.

What made it so tricky to diagnose was that the key was Num+7, which is also the "Home" key when the Numlock is turned off.  The Home key re-centers the TrackIR system.  The Numlock key is just above the Num+7 key, so all it took was a fat-finger click in the middle of battle and it broke my radar.

Lol, these things happen with games with complex control schemes like WT.

Glad you fixed it. 

A trick we use in software development is when you're stuck, you try to explain the issue to a semi outsider and along those lines (without them actually doing anything) you figure out the solution. Guess that applies to WT control troubleshooting too!

On 06/06/2023 at 20:39, El Bananito@live said:

Lol, these things happen with games with complex control schemes like WT.

Glad you fixed it. 

A trick we use in software development is when you're stuck, you try to explain the issue to a semi outsider and along those lines (without them actually doing anything) you figure out the solution. Guess that applies to WT control troubleshooting too!

I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't suggested switching the hotkey, so thanks again. :)

• Thanks 1
medal