Enhance Your Arsenal with the M44T (Turkey)

TurkishBias

Do you want the M44T to be in war thunder?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Make your choice

• Yes
    • No

Hello War Thunder community,

I would like to propose the addition of the M44T to the game's vehicle lineup. The M44T is an armored combat vehicle that was developed specifically for the Turkish military. It offers unique features and capabilities that make it a valuable asset on the battlefield.

OIP.jpg.bbf38e911781133ac1e590aea8dec6a4

Historical Background of the M44T:

The M44T, derived from the M44 self-propelled howitzer, was introduced into service by the Turkish Armed Forces during the late 1960s. It remained in active service for several decades, contributing to Turkey's artillery capabilities during that time.

This powerful artillery platform played a significant role in supporting ground operations and providing long-range fire support. With its 155mm smoothbore gun, the M44T delivered devastating firepower to enemy targets. It served as an essential asset in various conflicts and operations, including regional conflicts and peacekeeping missions.

The M44T saw continuous upgrades and modernizations over the years to enhance its performance and maintain its relevance on the battlefield. Its service life extended until the early 2000s, after which it was gradually phased out and replaced by more advanced artillery systems.

The M44T's tenure in the Turkish Armed Forces showcased its adaptability and effectiveness as a mobile artillery platform. It served as a crucial element in the country's defensive and offensive strategies, providing reliable and accurate fire support to ground units.

sau-ssha-sovremennye_15.jpg.8894b6e9985e

Key Features of the M44T:

• Chassis: Modified from the M44 self-propelled howitzer
  • Main Armament : was 155mm L/39
  • Secondary Armament: 7.62mm machine gun for anti-infantry defense
  • Crew: Typically operated by a crew of 4-5 personnel
  • Armor Protection: Steel armor plates providing effective protection against small arms fire and shell fragments
  • Ammunition Capacity: Carries a significant number of rounds for sustained combat operations
  • Communication Systems: Equipped with advanced radio and intercom systems for efficient communication
  • Engine  Original 459 horsepower Continental AOS-895-3 Petrol Engine was replaced with 450 horsepower MTU MB 833 Aa-501 Diesel Engine

Specifications of the M44T:

• Length: 6.1 Meters
  • With: 3.2 Meters
  • Height: 3.1 Meters
  • Weight: 27.9 Tonnes 
  • Maximum Speed: 56 Kilometers Per Hour
  • Range: 620 Kilometers
  • Armament Range: 18 to 30 Kilometers

Including the M44T in War Thunder would bring a unique and powerful asset to the Turkish vehicle roster. Its versatile armament, enhanced protection, and agile mobility make it an excellent addition to the game. Players would have the opportunity to experience the strengths and weaknesses of this iconic Turkish armored combat vehicle.

We hope you consider adding the M44T to War Thunder, as it would enhance the gameplay experience and provide a new and exciting option for players to explore. Thank you for your attention, and we look forward to your feedback.

Best regards,

TurkishBias

d28c4a8afaaf0f7d0157471b837a132b.jpg.2ee

This post is a part of our Türkiye Tech Tree Project. More info available our server: https://discord.gg/y8fVHxXHUa

Source

Self-propelled artillery M44T (USA / Turkey / Germany) (weaponews.com)

M44 self-propelled howitzer - Wikipedia

Army Guide (army-guide.com)

Turkish SP Artillery (pmulcahy.com)

jOvN6eG.jpg.706764a25f8e3dee139ed5f86dc7

Edited by TurkishBias
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal

+1, however, these pictures are not of the M44T. They are of the Fatih 155mm SPG.

Spoiler
On 09/06/2023 at 19:45, TurkishBias said:

1218338202_R(2).png.b3c7e73f98b384d2faf6

On 09/06/2023 at 19:45, TurkishBias said:

204938917_R(3).png.ff0241226be342a089016

Again, +1 for an independent Turkish tree or, if such a tree is denied by Gaijin, then for Germany since the M44T was developed by MTU, GLS, and Rheinmetall. 

Edited by DMYEugen
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, DMYEugen said:

+1, however, these pictures are not of the M44T. They are of the Fatih 155mm SPG.

Reveal hidden contents

Again, +1 for an independent Turkish tree or, if such a tree is denied by Gaijin, then for Germany since the M44T was developed by MTU, GLS, and Rheinmetall. 

Thanks for reply I'll take care of it thanks 

medal

Perfect for tank destroyer line of future Turkish TT. Could be placed at 6.7BR at Rank IV. +1 :salute:

On 10/06/2023 at 05:45, TurkishBias said:

• Main Armament: 155mm smoothbore gun for high firepower
  • Engine: Powerful turbocharged diesel engine for enhanced mobility
  • Crew: Typically operated by a crew of 4-5 personnel
  • Armor Protection: Steel armor plates providing effective protection against small arms fire and shell fragments
  • Ammunition Capacity: Carries a significant number of rounds for sustained combat operations
  • Communication Systems: Equipped with advanced radio and intercom systems for efficient communication

Few Points to Add Those:

• Armament was 155mm L/39
  • Original 459 horsepower Continental AOS-895-3 Petrol Engine was replaced with 450 horsepower MTU MB 833 Aa-501 Diesel Engine
  • Turkey might have operated with 6 crew members. (See photo below)

• Length: Approximately 7.3 meters
  • Width: Approximately 3 meters
  • Height: Approximately 3.1 meters
  • Weight: Around 45 tons
  • Maximum Speed: Up to 45 kilometers per hour
  • Range: Approximately 500 kilometers
  • Fording Depth: Up to 1.2 meters
  • Gradient: Capable of climbing slopes up to 60%
  • Armament Range: Effective engagement range of the main gun exceeds 20 kilometers

Few More Here:

• There is no way M44T weighs that much, M52T weighs 29.5 tonnes, 5 tonnes heavier than original M52. This source mentions that it weighs around 29 tonnes and this one as 30-32 tonnes. (Note that 155mm L/39 weighs around 2.4 tonnes, there is no way powerpack weighs 13 tonnes.)
  • If weights is 29 tonnes it would yield 15.5 hp/t, if it is 30 (32) tonnes it would be 15 (14) hp/t.

Complimentary Eye Candy

Spoiler

jOvN6eG.jpg

You Can See Here 6 Crew Members

svqTSFV.jpg

M44T without Camofoulage

Source

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dewastor said:

svqTSFV.jpg

M44T without Camofoulage

This is likely a picture of the original German prototype. It has a vastly different construction, much more resembling the original M44, while the M44T has redesigned driver and fighting compartments. Whether this photo was taken before or after German tests, I'm not sure.

Edited by DMYEugen

2 hours ago, Dewastor said:

Perfect for tank destroyer line of future Turkish TT. Could be placed at 6.7BR at Rank IV. +1 :salute:

Few Points to Add Those:

• Armament was 155mm L/39
  • Original 459 horsepower Continental AOS-895-3 Petrol Engine was replaced with 450 horsepower MTU MB 833 Aa-501 Diesel Engine
  • Turkey might have operated with 6 crew members. (See photo below)

Few More Here:

• There is no way M44T weighs that much, M52T weighs 29.5 tonnes, 5 tonnes heavier than original M52. This source mentions that it weighs around 29 tonnes and this one as 30-32 tonnes. (Note that 155mm L/39 weighs around 2.4 tonnes, there is no way powerpack weighs 13 tonnes.)
  • If weights is 29 tonnes it would yield 15.5 hp/t, if it is 30 (32) tonnes it would be 15 (14) hp/t.

Complimentary Eye Candy

Hide contents

jOvN6eG.jpg

You Can See Here 6 Crew Members

svqTSFV.jpg

M44T without Camofoulage

Source

Thank you, I've read your message and made the necessary changes. 

medal

I've found out more information regarding specifications from a magazine, you might want to check out  @TurkishBias

77KNAVt.png

Considering there is not that much source to use, this would be best to use right now. You can make the following changes to original post:

• Main Armament : was 155mm L/39
  • Engine: Powerful turbocharged diesel engine for enhanced mobility
  • Crew: Typically operated by a crew of 4-6 personnel

• Engine: MTU MB 833 Aa-501 V6 Diesel Engine at 450 Horsepower
  • Crew: 5
  • Armor Protection: 12.7mm (All Around ?)

• Length: Approximately 7.3 meters
  • Width: Approximately 3 meters
  • Height: Approximately 3.1 meters
  • Weight: Around 29 tons
  • Maximum Speed: Up to 45 kilometers per hour
  • Range: Approximately 500 kilometers
  • Fording Depth: Up to 1.2 meters
  • Gradient: Capable of climbing slopes up to 60%
  • Armament Range: Effective engagement range of the main gun exceeds 20 kilometers

High Resolution Image from Magazine (Appears to be Prototype, Note the Sloped Front)

O8C0Y4G.png

Source

Spoiler

The Encyclopedia of Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles The Comprehensive Guide to over 900 Armored Fighting Vehicles from 1915 to the Present Day - Christopher F. Foss

On 13/06/2023 at 21:36, DMYEugen said:

This is likely a picture of the original German prototype. It has a vastly different construction, much more resembling the original M44, while the M44T has redesigned driver and fighting compartments. Whether this photo was taken before or after German tests, I'm not sure.

This could be true, but the background seems familiar to me. I feel I've seen similar background in other prototypes of same era. 

Edited by Dewastor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dewastor said:

This could be true, but the background seems familiar to me. I feel I've seen similar background in other prototypes of same era. 

Both could be true at the same time as the prototype was apparently shipped to the Turks for testing and evaluation.

Edited by DMYEugen

11 hours ago, Dewastor said:

I've found out more information regarding specifications from a magazine, you might want to check out  @TurkishBias

77KNAVt.png

Considering there is not that much source to use, this would be best to use right now. You can make the following changes to original post:

• Engine: MTU MB 833 Aa-501 V6 Diesel Engine at 450 Horsepower
  • Crew: 5
  • Armor Protection: 12.7mm (All Around ?)

High Resolution Image from Magazine (Appears to be Prototype, Note the Sloped Front)

O8C0Y4G.png

Source

Reveal hidden contents

The Encyclopedia of Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles The Comprehensive Guide to over 900 Armored Fighting Vehicles from 1915 to the Present Day - Christopher F. Foss

Thank you for the information provided. I have just rectified the situation thanks to this information. 

medal