Breda Ba.65 Tipo Chile

Chilean_Thunder

Ba.65 Tipo Chile  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support this idea?

• Yes. I support this Suggestion
    • No. I dont support this Suggestion
  2. 2. Where should this Aircraft be added?

• Italian TechTree
    • Future LatinAmerican TechTree
    • Premium/Event
    • i voted no

R0i8pgH.jpg Ba.65 Tipo Chile QNCaWUf.jpg

Z4Zb4wd.jpg

History:

Spoiler

• In 1937 Chile bought 20 Breda Ba 65 in Italy, 17 single-seaters and 3 two-seaters, Chile decided to buy mostly the single-seater version since its neighbors had mostly two-seater fighters and Chile needed modern fighters to deal with them. Chile asked the company to have their Breda Ba 65s modified asking for the Piaggio P.XI R.C.40 14-cylinder engine to be installed and for the Italian-made Breda-SAFAT machine guns to be replaced with Danish Madsen 12.7mm machine guns and 7.62 mm caliber which in those years were the standar of the Chilean aviation. The 3 two-seater Bredas were known as Ba.65Bis and carried an extra 7.62mm machine gun in an M-type turret for the gunner at the rear of the aircraft, which was later removed as the turret was heavy and complicated to use, so the 3 two-seaters were Converted to single seater too. These planes could carry anti-personnel bombs of 20 x 10 kg or 4 x 50 kg general purpose bombs inside the bomb bay located behind the pilot's seat. In this way, after the aircraft were converted to the variant requested by Chile, they came to have the special name Ba.65/65Bis Tipo Chile (Type Chile). Finally, after a few years and the outbreak of the Second World War, it was impossible for Chile to get spare parts for these planes, including Castrol motor oil, thus generating several accidents that led to the loss of some of these planes, and thus in 1942 they were taken out of service.

nZQeKWr.png

Specifications:

Spoiler

• Crew:
  • Armament:
    • Primary: 2x Danish Madsen 12.7mm machine guns, 2x Danish Madsen 7,62mm machine guns
    • Secondary: 20 x 10kg anti-personnel bombs or 4 x 50kg general-purpose bombs
  • Dimensions:
    • Length: 9.9 m
    • Wingspan: 11.9 m
    • Height: 3.10 m
    • Wing Area: 23.50 m²
    • Empty Weight: 2,400 kg (100 kg lighter than the Fiat A.80 and K.14 engines)
    • Maximum Takeoff Weight: 3,150 kg
  • Performance:
    • Powerplant: Piaggio P.XI R.C.40 14-cylinder, 1,000 h.p. at 5,000m driving a Piaggio variable-pitch propeller.
    • Maximum Speed: 430 km/h
    • Cruising Speed: 350 km/h
    • Range: 550 km
    • Maximum Service Ceiling: 6,300 m

zfuQh9R.jpg

Photos:

Spoiler

AjM2r6Z.jpg LeD3ECi.jpg 9y0NYcb.jpg

vbn14Gb.jpg LIhfa8a.jpg xmSsKci.jpg MhNU0t9.png mMkpCQH.jpg LlWLqRn.jpg

Sources:

medal medal