Why does it take soo long for gaijin to hot fix major issues for xbox

Best answer

Update: the issue is still not fully resolved. We apologize for these issues. The devs are trying to fix "Processing Operation" and "Updating online profile" at the moment. 

Its been 48 hours since la royal update and 48 hours since xbox players can not  play warthunder due to a bug .

When we log into war thunder we get processing update after a few mins we get a pop up saying internal server error - no answer and then repeats last night i sat there for 90 minutes to see if it would let me in but it didnt it just kept repeating. War thunder devs acknowledged there was an issue a few hours after the update but have done nothing to fix this issue. If this issue happened on pc and pc players could not play war thunder im sure gaijin would have fixed the issue an hour after it was detected. 

Why does it take soo long to hot fix on xbox why are we treated like second rate players?

Surely gaijin knows treating us like this will ruin any future releases on xbox

I for 1 have put in for a full refund of all purchases made on warthunder with xbox

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
medal

Hi, sorry for the issues that have been happening. We do not think of or treat Xbox players as second rate players. All players are treated the same, regardless of what platform they play on. Some bugs and issues are harder to detect and solve, but the team have been working on fixing it.

We deployed a potential fix last night, however sadly this did not fix all occurring issues. We've just published another potential fix in the past 20 minutes or so. Please let me know if this has helped with the issue. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SHREK T T@live said:

Its been 48 hours since la royal update and 48 hours since xbox players can not  play warthunder due to a bug .

Hi mate. I play exclusively from xbox series X and had just small issues yday for about 30 minutes. Although i do agree that xbox players face some disadvantages (list is too long) regarding support, i can't confirm that i was unable to play; in fact i completed 4 special tasks the last 2 days quite easy. Location: Europe - Selected servers: US, RU, SA.

Have a good one!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, magazine2 said:

Hi, sorry for the issues that have been happening. We do not think of or treat Xbox players as second rate players. All players are treated the same, regardless of what platform they play on. Some bugs and issues are harder to detect and solve, but the team have been working on fixing it.

We deployed a potential fix last night, however sadly this did not fix all occurring issues. We've just published another potential fix in the past 20 minutes or so. Please let me know if this has helped with the issue. 

I am still unable to play the game to any degree, you fixed the pop up but xbox's are still not connecting to your servers properly even after a 500mb update. 

7 hours ago, magazine2 said:

As some one who tried to do this in a career long ago. I understand the difficulty of sifting through thousands of lines of code to find problems. A lot of us appreciate your efforts. 

• Like 1
medal

Update: the issue is still not fully resolved. We apologize for these issues. The devs are trying to fix "Processing Operation" and "Updating online profile" at the moment. 

Just had 500mg update i log into garage now but i search for a battle and theres no one searching for a battle in any tier on any server then i went to purchase a tech tree tank and i got processing again! Lost 3 days prem time plus 3 days of op's for season pass. I understand what your saying @magazine2 but theres been no reply from the devs nothing on news not even a mention on the official war thunder hub but pc complaining about rockets and missiles devs answer there posts and this hot fix fixed there issue so we xbox players feel like second rate players 

medal

i wonder are the players that have this issue uk residents only or are all xbox players having the issue only ask as not soo long ago world of tanks bought out an update and uk players had a similar bug in the end they worked out it had something to do with certain broadband hubs if memory serves it was mtu1480 british telicom hub settings. As i just read @uncle j wicks reply seems like not all would it be worth uninstaling war thunder and re downloading to see if that works?

• Upvote 1
medal

i wonder are the players that have this issue uk residents only or are all xbox players having the issue only ask as not soo long ago world of tanks bought out an update and uk players had a similar bug in the end they worked out it had something to do with certain broadband hubs if memory serves it was mtu1480 british telicom hub settings. As i just read @uncle j wicks reply seems like not all would it be worth uninstaling war thunder and re downloading to see if that works?

So no i tried to uninstall and reinstall and made no difference  

medal

3 hours ago, magazine2 said:

I appreciate your efforts to help affected xbox players. 

For me it would be great to see that gaijin will compensate the affected players for lost premium days, login streaks, missed battle pass progress, lost daily/special tasks etc. That something goes wrong with an update is nothing special and happens everywhere, the question is always how the game provider handles this afterwards. 

This would be a perfect way to validate the famous "We have heard you" statement and a perfect way to prove a change of the mindset how to deal with inconveniences. From a pure monetary aspect: Compensating affected xbox players costs you nothing - so from my pov any compensation is just a sign of your willingness to restore trust and credibility.

In addition i am quite sure that European law foresees compensations for paid services (like premium time) and the provider is technically unable to provide those - it doesn't matter if you exclude reimbursements in your terms of use as these clauses are simply invalid due to extensive customer protection laws. So even if customers accept these clauses, the clause itself has no legal impact. 

Just think about it...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, magazine2 said:

It did not help. I’m not getting “processing operation” anymore but whilst waiting for a match there is no queue time nor any players showing up online. 

16 hours ago, SHREK T T@live said:

All Xbox, I’m in the US. 

medal medal

Well got another update for warthunder and still dont work i log into garage i click search for battle there is no one in the queue i then look at a tech tree try to change research or. Purchase a tech tree tank and i get processing operation and it just keep's spinning so far its been processing for 50 mins. yesterday i did manage to get on after 3 hours of processing i played for an hour and then i got war thunder needs to update then i couldent log back in.

I just cant figure out why i get this but i created 2 new xbox profiles last night and they load up war thunder with no issues on the same console no issues

medal

On 16/06/2023 at 04:45, magazine2 said:

I am still unable to play the game to any degree, you fixed the pop up but xbox's are still not connecting to your servers properly even after a 500mb update. And I just have to copy and paste this cause this is the second update that has fixed nothing. 

@magazine2

• Like 1

Eta on xbox fix... I don't mean to be impatient... But i've now lost 3 days premium time. The only chance i get to play is over the weekend... Which is sadly coming to an end...i appreciate the effort gaijin is putting in to fix these issues... But i just want to play:(( literally been trying to play for the entire weekend... I need the ajs and 14b so i can get back to the german mig 29 grind

Edited by The6Real9Shady@live
Adding information

I loged this morning had processing i left it doing that went out into the world touched some grass (was very scarey) came back about 3 to 4 hours later and processing had stoped been on all day about 7 hours had no issues shut wt down restarted just to see if had been fixed no still got processing so guess im going to touch grass again tomorrow or maybe sand ooo lol

medal

Since yesterday it has been less of processing operation or internal server errors if at all. Now it is updating online profile.

Also I will say this now. If Gaijin can not make a single update that doesn’t break everything to the point where they need to take a week to fix everything on Xbox, they need to make a dev server variant of the game for console specifically at this point. The only thing that ends up happening is wasting the time of players such as us and as some will say “time is money”. Considering players are losing premium account time which costs money, and since the chances of us being given that time back are more or less nonexistent, something should be done.

Edited by supersaiyan9751@live
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 16/06/2023 at 01:45, magazine2 said:

We seriously need a fix for us xbox players. We are all losing premium days, login days, and boosters. It has almost been 4 days since this happened. The devs need to figure this issue out now.