More/Infinite Presets

OOPMan

More/Infinite Presets  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want more presets slots to be made available?

• Yes
    • No

Still not updated? Probably one of the simplest suggestions I have seen so far.  :facepalm:

Given the enormous amounts of vehicles available in War Thunder at least 20 presets should be common sense, and infinite presets reasonable so we get a chance to customize our presets for different tasks. Obviously the majority participating in this thread want this so I don't see the problem. Afterall the suggestion got acknowledged, yet we have not heard anything about this being approved.

Edited by freddiebox
medal

I don't know why it is limited. At first I thought it is about complicated scrolling UI design, but... checking how it looks at 1024x768 shows only 4 presets with more in "presets" dialog without scrolling. So it looks to me like to add any number of presets is very easy, the only limitation is, maybe, absence of scrolling in "presets" dialog :) Also I think it will not hurt anyone who doesn't use so much presets.

I definitely need more presets, as 8 is not enough even for my aircraft setups. And I was wondered when seen this limit first time. I also wondered it is asked by some players for about year or two and still not there. :(

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The only reason I can think for this not to be made is stuborness. After all, is not like we are complaining here about the events that are most of the time not well planed, or how it would be fair to have more bonuses, or the crappy premium vehicles in the events lately (and the stuborness of not making events like the thunder league events, wich were awesome), or the fact that battle trophies are fixed and are not really random, or the lack of good discounts in the latest promos, or how the game seems to be getting greedy by giving less for more money, or how they erased the royal guard pack without announcing it first, or the many things that are not great latetly with the game....no...

we

are

just

asking

for

more

presets

a silly

thing

really

free

simple

probably done in 5 minutes

and after all makes it easier to have

(buy)

premium vehicles also.

So, stop making us beg for such a simple thing,

Don't you guys (Gaijin) are always trying to make the game better?

Here is the first step:

PRESETS.

Thank You :learn: :good: :yes: :Ds

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I fully support the idea of more or "infinite" presets.

After just one year of gaming my hangar is full of planes and struggling with just 8 presets, changing and re-changing them to adapt to wanted changes in BR etc., is becoming laborious and annoying.

A further and related improvement would be extending preset names, just 16 characters are certainly too few especially if you have more presets and want to have meaningful and easier understandable names.

Thinking to a "finite" improvement, I think that up to 24 presets, each with a name up to 32 characters would be nice and I don't think it would be too heavy to manage and store for Gaijin's servers.

Edited by CloCloZ
  • Upvote 1

Yes. Please implement presets. Even Boom Beach implemented presets this month (and that is just a phone game).  ;)s

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Maybe Gaijin is not reading this post. Maybe no mod is reading this post, since there's no answer whatsoever to this. Maybe we should post this somewhere where they would read it, like the main website or open tickets, I dunno. I would like some kind of answer, some kind of response that acknowledges our plea.

Can we do this preset thing locally? Can we do it our selves by editing something in the game files? If so, what could be the way and would we be permited to do so or would we be punished for modifying game files?

It is so funny dough, now we have two hangars and they "store" the same number of vehicles.

Don't get me wrong, love the hangars, however it has no functionality at all game wise, whereas presets really would.

If Gaijin does not want to do it, couldn't they at least tell us how to do it our selves, like they have instructed how to customize the new hangars already?

Please, if you are not willing, if we are not worthy of a programmer taking a few minutes for this (for us),

at least tell us what files to edit or modify our selves.

I have so many vehicles and so many premiums, I most of the time don't know which ones to use, because I forget my "on the fly" setups.

Amen. :dntknw:

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I guess I can also add this to the list of simple things I'd love to have in WT but will never be implemented.

Now excuse me while I go curl up into a ball while I stroke my non-existent fixed mirrored decals and custom ammo belts.

medal

• 2 months later...

Now lets turn from presets to number-of-crews-in-a-preset.

There 3 free crews in a preset, plus 2 crews you may buy for SilverLions, gives you a maximum of 5 crew slots in a preset as non-paying player.

Now (as of 2016-09) you may buy another crew slot for 200 GoldenEagles. If I understand the crew slot system right, this is for a single nation.

How many additional crew slots may you buy?

I just got the answer by "Technical Moderator"

On my desktop screen, there is not much more space for another 3 crews, not 5 or 10. So there must be some sort of scrolling...

10 crew slots should be "enough" for either Ground Warefare or Aerial Warefare, but of course not both. 

So even without paid crew slots, I decided to do Ground Warfare with Germany, and Aerial Warefare with Japan.

It's still the limited number of 8 presets which is the real limit....

You won´t be satisfied, even with 10 crew slots, to build both Ground and Aerial Warefare, with one nation... ( remember Japan has no Ground Forces :-), so you don´t miss anything if you build Your Japanese airforce )

So for 1 nation,

200 + 500 + 800 + 1200 + 1800 GE = 4500 GE

You may buy 5000  GoldenEagles for 24.99 EUR.

So for 2 nations, for maximum comfort to play with one nation in Ground Warefare and with another nation in Aerial Warfare, You may buy 10000  GoldenEagles for 49.99 EUR.

For all 5 nations

4500 * 5 = 22500 GE

You may buy 25000  GoldenEagles for 114.99 EUR.

To be honest, I am not in the mood to buy for "special" items if I have 100 items/nation for free, nor would I be proud to drive around with "painted" tanks with my logo or slogan on it, but giving me advantage and more comfort to play, with more crews/slot, might turn me into a buyer.

So what is the real advantage to have more than 5 crews/slot?

I am playing Arcade only, so far.

0. General

0a) In general, I may arrange more items of same/similar BP in my presets. So I would have the option to create presets for higher BPs, while not beeing urged to delete presets for low BPs. Remember, me as a low-skilled player, even if I have now German tanks & SPAAs on BP 4.7 level and Japanese airplanes on BP 3.7 level, if I need "Silver Lions Money", I must play on the BP 2.0-2.3 level of Ground Warefare - not Aerial Warefare, on BP 2.0 level it's quite boring - :-), and yes there I am a master and will make hits

0b) If some items are "broken", e.g. need repair, and if I select a preset with broken items, I even might get **even more** items repaired for free, over night. So with e.g. 8 crews instead of 5, all crew slots filled with items of same BP level, I might easily go into battle with 5 broken items, as I may just use 3 items in a battle :-).

0c) With Tournaments - I just participated for free in a tournament lately for the first time - it is necessary to setup a special preset, which consists of the accepted items, especially this preset might contain both ground vehicles and airplanes. With more crew slots, my "seat capacity" for items rise, so I might reserve a preset especially for turnaments

1. Ground vehicles, Arcade

With Arcade mode, the number of respawns is limited to 3.

1a) Though I may not use more ground vehicles in a battle, I might have a more broader set of items to play and to choose, during a battle. e.g. I might have also an SPAA or tank-killer ( Jagtpanzer ) in my preset which I might just want to use rarely.

1a1) From my point of view, in opposite to Aerial Warefare, the missons for Ground Vehicles are similar and usually don´t need a special setup of items. But of course it is a difference if there are 3 capture points ABC or just 1 capture point A, and with 3 capture points if one of it is next to each time, so to make "easy and risk-free SL money" by using a fast ground vehicle first to capture the points ( my German tanks Panzer IIIE & Panzer IIIF are up to 75km/h fast, in opposite to slow SPAA Ostwind with which you will almost never caputure a point in time... )

1a2) But indeed, different battlegrounds might require different items, or are better to handle with different items.

2. Airplanes, Aracade

With Arcade mode, the number of respawns of airplanes is not limited, right?!

2a) So as sometimes I am "out of airplanes" in a battle, I would have source for more items.

2b) I would be more flexible to use more-than-1 medium bomber ( with 1 tons of bombs, or more ) to achieve the goal of bombing targets, while I am still flexible to use enought to use fighters against simple ground targests. See my list of maximum bomb loads, for each nation:

2c) I may decide "on the battlefield, during the battle". Remember that the mission is still secret when I setup a preset and start a battle.

2d) In general, with rising number of available items with same/similar BP, e.g. already nowadays with Japanese airplanes, 5 crews are too little to for the number of items of a single BP level. So with higher number of crews, all items of a single BP would fit into one preset. By this, I have the least disadvantage by the spreading of BP ranges for a battle. Currently with Japan, I have an artifical spreading of BP in my presets, as all items of a single BP range don´t fit into a preset very often ( so there are more items with single BP level, or more items of two near BP levels ).

2e) Due to the unlimited respawn, rember that if you consume a fleet of bombers, you have massive repair costs afterwards ( and by someway you must earn the money for repairs :-(, e.g. by playing bread+butter warefare at BP2.0-2.3 level with Ground Forces, as I do :-) ).

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

The strategy of Gajiin to offer a rising number of items caused me to play with

a) German items at the Ground Warefare ( 7 ground vehicles slots, 1  airplane slot just to experience airplanes )

b) Japanese items at the Aerial Warefare ( 8 airplane slots, as so far there are no Japanese tanks  )

and if I should be motivated to continue playing, it's the question if I should build Russian, US and British ground vehicles or airplanes. To be honest, I don´t think that I wlll vote for airplanes.... the Aerial Warefare missions are so similar, and it doesn´t really matter what airplane I am operating... besides the advantage that British teams have most powerful bombers... and just with bombers you may contribute to achive the battlefield objectives "destroy all targets".

Do you share my opinion and my game strategies?!

Sincerely

Rolf

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

On 07/06/2016 at 7:47 PM, CloCloZ said:

IA further and related improvement would be extending preset names, just 16 characters are certainly too few especially if you have more presets and want to have meaningful and easier understandable names.

What do you expect from Gaijin?

Microsoft didn´t make that for 20 years ( from MSDOS 1.0 to WinME), to overcome the MSDOS 8+3 filename scheme :-(.

And don´t refer to the "longer filenames" with Win95, Win98, Win98SE, WinME... "Windows9x was not an operating system, just a GUI", so on MSDOS prompt level you are stuck if you need to handle "longer filenames".

medal medal medal

9 hours ago, hemmerling said:

So for 1 nation,

200 + 500 + 800 + 1200 + 1800 GE = 4500 GE

You may buy 5000  GoldenEagles for 24.99 EUR.

So for 2 nations, for maximum comfort to play with one nation in Ground Warefare and with another nation in Aerial Warfare, You may buy 10000  GoldenEagles for 49.99 EUR.

You will never need that many vehicles in one battle, unless:

1 You are suicidal maniac who dies every minute or so.

or

2 You constantly play squadron battles - in this case you may need max slots in 2 nations, but not in all

About  presets   - the problem is they are not real presets, but some form of different tabs for your line up. 

Real presets do not change their stored value when you make corrections to their current state, until you save them on top of old one. In that manner you do not ruin your presets every time when you change one or more vehicles.

example:

You have preset for br 6.3 with 10 slots.

In what we have now (just tabs for your line up) you change, lets say 4 vehicles in these 10 slots and later you select different preset like 4.0 or something. Now your original preset for 6.3 is gone !!!  To repair the things to how they were, you need to select 6.3 again, change all that you switched and then select another "tab for your line up" .  All this trouble because they did not put Save button in there, to act like real preset.

How real preset works:

1 You select your 6.3

2 You do some battles, making corrections between them

3 No matter how many changes you make your original preset is ready for you at any time

4 Just select it, click on it and voila  - your 6.3 line up is how it was at the start (hence original preset selected)

Edited by Slider_HarDCorE
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Investing real $,EUR money for crew slots

is an expensive option to overcome some of the limits of 8 presets with its 5 free crews.

For Aerial Warefare, if you try to destroy the major ground targest, you might need a whole fleet of bombers... especially as bombers are shot down easily. if you have up to 10 crews, you may decide on-the-fly during the battle, how many bombers to consume, and then switch to fighters, by your own will. Remember that you don´t know the battlefield nor the objectives nor the strenth/power of the red enemies.

And most important, with up to 10 crew slots, you may easily keep all items of one BP level in a single preset. As I said with Japan, there are already too many airplanes to fit into 1 preset, for many BP levels.

And of course, your overall capacity of organizing your items will grow.

And you may go into battle with a single BP level, though 7 of 10 items are already under repair ( i.e. "red" ).

Sincerely

Rolf

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

@ hemmerling  

As i said here

" 1 Person is suicidal maniac who dies every minute or so."

and in another thread

Only if person constantly plays Bomber Zombie Style and likes to die many times per game(lacking any sort of self preservation instincts) while mindlessly killing defenseless AI vehicles and buildings on the ground.

Edited by Slider_HarDCorE
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

1. With Arcade Warefare,

the lifetime of my crews, both of ground vehicles ( tanks, killer-tanks ) and airplanes is usually less than 2 minutes.

Just with SPAAs I often am just killed after some minutes by suicide attacks of airplanes, not by regular play ( = beeing visited by enemy ground vehicles, living in an area where I see red marks of my enemies above their vehicles ).

2. What shall a pilot ( = player ) of a bomber or hunter-fighter do, besides stoically flying towards the targets, especially when beeing nearby a target?!

Thats why in WWII so many bombers were killed... there was no chance to fly defensively, or with bombers without primary cannons to turn to an enemy and shoot him/her down ?!

In the last months, I learned much about the tragedy of bomber crews... and why is war wrong, to sent people to death. I experience that with every bombraid.

With fighters, it might be the fighers's bad luck or missing skill, if he/she gets shot down...

There are not so many battlefields with AI ground vehicles... and you must not be near to it, to have good kill chances.

Btw, killing AI vehicles, does this cost tickets to the red team ?!

Playing defensively means that I will never make SilverLion points... and am no help for the team. You even don´t make points to explore new items or to develop existing items ( fire-extinguisher, artillery support,... )

I play with most battleground and most battle tasks to "capture the flag" and let my crews die to fulfill the work which must be done...

Sincerely

Rolf

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

This problem will be massive when the boats appear,

My 9 garage per preset of 6 planes 3 tanks @ 1.3/2/3/4/5/6/7/8  has no room for boats.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, M18A1_Claymore said:

This problem will be massive when the boats appear,
My 9 garage per preset of 6 planes 3 tanks @ 1.3/2/3/4/5/6/7/8  has no room for boats.

You might easily build your Ground Forces with Russia ( not much boats to be expected, or ?! I don´t remember much boat action during WWII, in opposite to WWI ), and another nation with airplanes, and a third nation with boats...

How do you get 9 garages, we have 8 free presets and each preset with 5 free crews ( maybe up to another 5 paid crews ) ?!

medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Moved to Further discussion. 

If paying for more slots is any discussion, then NO WAY ADD MORE.  Just the players with more money than sense will get the additional slots. 

But if it is extra free slots, then all for it.  

War Thunder has already ran SO MANY PLAYERS AWAY from the game.  Playing for the additional slots will just run MORE AWAY. 

USArmyLTC

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, USArmyLTC said:

If paying for more slots is any discussion, then NO WAY ADD MORE.  Just the players with more money than sense will get the additional slots. 

But if it is extra free slots, then all for it.  

War Thunder has already ran SO MANY PLAYERS AWAY from the game.  Playing for the additional slots will just run MORE AWAY. 

For what are you willing to pay for WT?

For what shall the majority of paying players pay for WT?

Really... for "special items", if I have 100s of items freely ?! Really.. just maybe...

For painting items with special graphics and slogans? Really ?!...Maybe ??...

Sincerely

Rolf

Edited by hemmerling
medal medal medal

On 12/09/2016 at 6:39 AM, hemmerling said:

For what are you willing to pay for WT?

For what shall the majority of paying players pay for WT?

Really... for "special items", if I have 100s of items freely ?! Really.. just maybe...

For painting items with special graphics and slogans? Really ?!...Maybe ??...

Sincerely

Rolf

Cause servers & development are free ... amirite?

Also your previous post ..... I doubt the likes of you have noticed but you cannot place a plane & a tank in the same slot therefore they are SEPERATE.

On 08/09/2016 at 8:54 AM, hemmerling said:

You might easily build your Ground Forces with Russia ( not much boats to be expected, or ?! I don´t remember much boat action during WWII, in opposite to WWI ), and another nation with airplanes, and a third nation with boats...

How do you get 9 garages, we have 8 free presets and each preset with 5 free crews ( maybe up to another 5 paid crews ) ?!

Edited by M18A1_Claymore
Mistoake
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal