More/Infinite Presets

OOPMan

More/Infinite Presets  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want more presets slots to be made available?

• Yes
    • No

I think we can all agree the addition of presets has been great. I really appreciate them, it makes managing ones vehicles much easier.

Unfortunately, 8 presets per nation is simply not enough. Right now I have all 8 preset slots for USSR filled. Slots 1-7 are GF with various BRs, topping out at BR 6.7 so far. The final preset is AF with a BR of 5.0.

As it stands, I don't want to remove any of my existing presets but it looks like I'm going to have to eventually. As it stands, I hardly play AF any more because I can't be bothered to fiddle with my single AF preset.

It would be wonderful if there was no limit to the number of presets available but I'd settle for 20 presets per nation.

• Upvote 29
medal medal

I think a Minimum of 10, 5 Tiers Planes + 5 Tiers Tanks=10 total Presets for 1 Set/Tier, Maybe a couple extra for Custom/Themed/Mixed Setups

Edited by LordLetto
medal

Totally needed!!  +1

Presets are nice though, but I'd love to have around 7-8 presets for Planes, 2-3 for Tanks, 2-3 for mixed Battles etc.

A nice feature would also be to make categories manageable per drag/drop, I imagine it like Folders in explorer.

This won't be much effort to program but would save me hours of changing planes and being angry because of a failed lineup.

Furthermore it would be nice to:

-Display the current BR of the Lineup/preset/crew (not only show it in the match)

-Show on which crews a Vehicle is aced (I have several Planes on different crews, but to find out, on which crew I've got the highest qualifications I need to test them all. This is very enerving.) It would be so simple, just give the crews some color while switching Planes. 

-How about Naming the crews or describing them by myself?

Thx for the presets anyway! ;)

• Upvote 1
medal

I don't get why they Gaijin went with 8 presets, anywhere from 10-20 would probably be more appropriate if it were up to me.
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I came on to suggest this same thing, I've started a system of grouping vehicles that I can't finish (didn't realise it was capped at the start) 8 presets aren't anywhere near enough, why does there have to be a limit? In my opinion, the number should be unlimited or atleast over over 50. Please add this!

• Upvote 1

Well I'm not using the presets at all, I have 2 prestes (for each nation) one GF and one AF and if I have to change them I'll just switch the tanks manually, just saying. But I can understand your problem, I don't often change between the tiers I'm playing, so probably you do, and I imagine it to be pretty anoying to switch your tanks/panes all the time, so I'll still give it a +1.

:salute:

Edit : OK presets !  Not crew slots !

I never managed to manage them way I want.

But there is really no reason you couldn't have 127 presets.

It's approx 2 lines of coding in the S/W

Edited by poiureza
medal

Not only should the amount of presets allowed to be infinite but they should also be made into a separate file rather than being stored within the config.blk so you can back it up easier. The current method for storage is not very handy. Personally, I would use a simple .ini file since you will never reach the max for a block. Format as:

[name="presetname"]

Nation="Nation"

Vehicle1="vehicle"

Vehicle2="vehicle"

Vehicle3="vehicle"

Vehicle4="vehicle"

Vehicle5="vehicle"

Vehicle6="vehicle"

Vehicle7="vehicle"

Vehicle8="vehicle"

Vehicle9="vehicle"

Vehicle10="vehicle"

Vehicle11="vehicle"

/rinsenrepeatfornext preset

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it  possible to add more presets to the game !?

8 are not enough! Ihave 7 plane presets, and just one left  for tier 1 - 5 tanks!

We need more ! 15 would be nice

Edited by N0_SKILL
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

As a solution to the issue of lack of space for it, it would be much simpler to create a drop down style box where the current presets sit, and have all available ones show up there. This could even allow you to 'Categorise' presets into Ground Forces, Air Forces, Naval Forces and Combined Forces.

medal

• 1 month later...

Another one for this petition. I'm a German pilot myself and would love to give the ground forces a try in the near future. However been unable to do so due to the limitation of presets. I got a preset for nearly all battle ratings for my planes which is around seven presets, (ca 45 planes), so that means I can only make one new preset for tanks. And well even though the preset only would consist of a few low tier tanks for the time being, I do have some premium tanks I would like to use in arcade, which would disrupt my preset as mixing low tier tanks with high tier tanks for arcade is not a very good idea.

Edited by freddiebox
medal

• 4 weeks later...

Is this sooo complicated that we just can't get more presets?? It seems like a minor simple no big deal unimportant easy to do quite amazed that has not been done yet thing...sooo, why oh why must I having a lot of vehicles (like most players) be forced to waste time choosing which plane to use instead of having a lot of presets with my configurations and play right away.

PLEASE ! The more planes Gaijin adds (which is awesome, by the way, we always want more) the more difficult it gets to keep'em in any kind of order.

Sooo....PLEASE add more presets and make us ALL HAPPY! :)

Thanx.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Send more brains......and presets! I have 2 presets of 1.7 BR soviet aircraft alone. I worked to develop my toys, i would like to be able to play with them reasonably quick, I even like to run around in the reserve units, not to mention, i bought additional slots, each country has 6 crews, definitely need more presets.

• Upvote 1
medal

• 2 weeks later...

Still the sound of silence on this one. Are we being heard ? Is there anyone listening? Is there any kind of prejudice against presets? Why something so simple and so useful is not done? I like the new bushes and helmets and gas tanks, but THIS preset thing could be done even by the guy that mops the floors at Gaijin, in like 5 minutes. Why has this not happened yet? I really can't keep track of my planes and my tranks and my premiums. Please, tell someone to cut his coffe brake 5 minutes and make him add more presets!

And also, they should be not saved local, but in game, so when I log from another computer I would have all my presets, after all, all other information in my account is kept online, I don't believe saving presets online would be a lot of hassle, is jus a few lines of text really.

Please lets get this over with, thanx! :yes: :yes: :yes:

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal