Kanoenjagdpanzer

Asgar1205

Do you want the Kanonenjagdpanzer in War Thunder  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the kanonenjagdpanzer in War Thunder

• Yes
    • No (please post why)

Mhh....I dont know...

First what speaks against is that: Even if we get the Leopard 1 and the T-62 the Leopard would be the "latest" Tank ingame. It was produced in 1964 and so it would be the border of the Cutoff Date. And if we now add the Kanonenjagdpanzer the Cutoff Date would move a bit higher...and this could be a reason to implement a other Tank above the Cutoff Date and so on....

But because I'm a lover of the German Military I really wish to see it Ingame....I mean...look....it existed....it would have seen the fight if Germany somehow got in a other War....

And it could be a nice high Tier version of the Hetzer and simultaneously with a few characteristics of the Leopard 1....

Espeacally if we get the Leopard 1 with the L7A2 and the Kanonenjagdpanzer with the 90mm Rheinmetall-Borsig it could be a nice addition....

So I need to say that I not really can decide...

• Upvote 1

Support +1

But you should expand on its balance against its fellow top tier tanks, i.e. how does the gun, armour and mobility compare to the T62, T60 Patton, Lepord 1, late Centurions and Mk1 & 2 Chieftains.

i think this thing could make a good extension to the td branch that currently ends with the hetzer

its lack of a turret should help keep its supposedly good mobility from being an extreme advantage, and 90mm is a modestly sized gun for a high-br td. the only question i have are whether its ammo types might be extra-advanced and a bit too powerful, or not.

The Hanomag RU 251 was a real tank.

Wow it looks great for a top light tank in the german line, even though it was only a prototype.

Can someone make a suggestion for it? I am too lazy :P

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I like it, however in service and produced starting 1965. That's cutting it pretty close.

It might as well have no armor either. 50mm of armor is nothing. With no turret this has much less versatility at T5, which will be flooded with turreted tanks with as much mobility, or even more.

Edited by AlphaMikeFox
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Wow it looks great for a top light tank in the german line, even though it was only a prototype.

Can someone make a suggestion for it? I am too lazy :P

I have answered my forumer's call.

http://www.panzertruppe.com/pdf/pdf%20s-b/50.pdf

I couldn't find information in anywhere. Probably there is information in this pdf. I just need a German to translate the section which involves Hanomag RU 251.

Also, this book has tons of info about the kanoenjagdpanzer too.

Bonus info: Hanomag RU 251 and kanoenjagdpanzer has same gun.

Edit: It may be named as Spahpanzer Kette in the book too.

Edited by Century

I have answered my forumer's call.

http://www.panzertruppe.com/pdf/pdf%20s-b/50.pdf

I couldn't find information in anywhere. Probably there is information in this pdf. I just need a German to translate the section which involves Hanomag RU 251.

XcBORQ2.png

"A new new approach was pursued in 1960, when the High Command of the Army called for a Scouttank as part of the "SPz-neu"-family, that would be armed with a 90mm PzK in a rotatable turret; first prototypes of the RU 251 were finished in 1963 (Picture 20). As the russian heavy scoutunits were equiped with T-54/55's at this time, the 90mm PzK was not deemed sufficient anymore - the project was therefore abandoned."

About the Kanonenjagdpanzer:

F94utnW.png

"Because of the relatively short barrel length (L/40,4) there was only HEAT ammunition (350mm of penetration) for tank combat.

(Same ammunition as the M 48)."

So, if this tank would be added, it could only use HEAT ammunition. Apparently, it didn't use any AP rounds.

Edited by Volksjaeger_
  • Upvote 2

XcBORQ2.png

"A new new approach was pursued in 1960, when the High Command of the Army called for a Scouttank as part of the "SPz-neu"-family, that would be armed with a 90mm PzK in a rotatable turret; first prototypes of the RU 251 were finished in 1963 (Picture 20). As the russian heavy scoutunits were equiped with T-54/55's at this time, the 90mm PzK was not deemed sufficient anymore - the project was therefore abandoned."

Damn, I need more information. Gotta do some research.

if you want information about the RU pls go somewhere else and ask there. this is about the Kanonenjagdpanzer. Please no Off-Topic i don't want this to get closed. Thanks

but since you talked about the same cannon the Kanonenjagdpanzer uses, i accept it this ones  ;)s

Edited by Asgar1205
medal medal medal medal medal

Any info on the gun? I'd like to know pen values and such

It used HESH, HE, and HEAT, so you can go by the pen values of the standard NATO 90mm pen values of those ammo types from the time, I guess.  Not really dependant on the gun.

medal medal medal medal medal

F94utnW.png

"Because of the relatively short barrel length (L/40,4) there was only HEAT ammunition (350mm of penetration) for tank combat.

(Same ammunition as the M 48)."

So, if this tank would be added, it could only use HEAT ammunition. Apparently, it didn't use any AP rounds.

wow! 350mm pen with heat, what a monster! that would put it in the same firepower category as the m103s fancy new rounds, wouldnt it? they really refined heat a lot after ww2 to get such good performance out of a 90mm shell. i wish the wiki had pen values listed for all vehicles ammo types for easy comparison. this sucker would likely be tippity-top tier based on that pen alone

• Upvote 1

if you want information about the RU pls go somewhere else and ask there. this is about the Kanonenjagdpanzer. Please no Off-Topic i don't want this to get closed. Thanks

but since you talked about the same cannon the Kanonenjagdpanzer uses, i accept it this ones  ;)s

Half of my post was about the Kanonenjagdpanzer, which I do not consider off topic  ;)s

You might want to add this

F94utnW.png

to your suggestion, as it does contain information about the Kanonenjagdpanzer, most notably the ammunition it used.

Gaijin told that they don't want any rocket action in ground forces.

Not even Katyusha's  :(s

medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

moved to further discussion

• Upvote 3

given how mean its heat shell is at 350mm pen, as its primary anti tank shell, i think this will take a while to be added, perhaps once some of the meaner meds and heavies that are lined up have come in