M247 Sergeant York (SPAA)

Thiky

You want M247 in the game?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. You want M247 in the game?

• Yes
    • No

Gonna bump with a question, what's the turret armor like?

I'm going to guess that it won't stop anything bigger than a 50cal.

Edited by WulfPack
medal

• 4 months later...

Wow never seen anything like this, this is beautiful.+1

medal medal medal medal

My issue is that the M42 has a slow horizontal traverse rate, this unit looks like it would have even more of an issue horizontally tracking an aircraft due to increased turret weight. Let alone the 40mm Bofors are hardly effective due to the slow ROF as mentioned in this thread already. I'd rather see the M48 with a GAU-8 above the VADS than this thing.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

32 minutes ago, Hugo_Stiglitz_Jr said:

My issue is that the M42 has a slow horizontal traverse rate, this unit looks like it would have even more of an issue horizontally tracking an aircraft due to increased turret weight. Let alone the 40mm Bofors are hardly effective due to the slow ROF as mentioned in this thread already. I'd rather see the M48 with a GAU-8 above the VADS than this thing.

This would be more likely. Proximity Fuzes might make the M247 more effective than people think.

Edited by WulfPack
medal

• Technical Moderator
35 minutes ago, Hugo_Stiglitz_Jr said:

These are not L/60 guns. These are L/70's. It fires longer shells with a bigger charge and it has double the fire rate.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, WulfPack said:

This would be more likely. Proximity Fuzes might make the M247 more effective than people think.

It would definitely reduce the chance of penning your air target with little to no effect. :)

8 minutes ago, blockhaj said:

These are not L/60 guns. These are L/70's. It fires longer shells with a bigger charge and it has double the fire rate.

Ah, thanks for the correction. Hopefully with the right shells it could give the ZSUs some competition. :good:

medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for review.

• Upvote 3

• 1 year later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Moved to Implemented suggestions as this vehicle was added to the game with update 1.81 "The Valkyries".