M41A3 Bundeswehr

Melphine

More Cold War Tanks for Germany  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this Rank 4 tank in the main tree, or as a premium?

• Yes, main tree altho there is no tree for Light tanks...
    • Yes, A premium, makes sense
    • No

• Technical Moderator

I'd say yes, simply because it's part of history and light vehicles are defnitely needed! +1 from me! :good:

Edited by Stuhlfleisch

• 5 months later...
  • Suggestion Moderator
On 31/12/2016 at 21:28, Conraire said:

Think about it this way.  It'd be a Walker Bulldog that would most likely also get M464 APFSDS. 

M464 is a 80s round, the M41A3 was retired from German service before that...

That said it would have access to M496 HEATFS which was introduced in 1955 alongside the M41A2 and M41A3. 

+1 for a vehicle that will slot in BR 6.3

Edited by Miki_Hoshii

On 01/03/2019 at 06:41, Stuhlfleisch said:

I'd say yes, simply because it's part of history, but for I think for now, Germany has so many light and fast flanking type vehicles, I am not sure if another would be necessary, either way, +1 from me! :good:

Well the problem is, not in this range of the game.  At Rank IV, Germany lacks fast flanking vehicles, apart from one vehicle — which is premium — which does make it harder to play objectives.  If there is a armoured car/halftrack/light tank/APC line or whatever, I think this would make a great Rank IV to give Germany a fast tank at the tier of Tiger IIs and Panthers.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The M41A3 should be in the game but not in the German TT since the Americans used the M41A3 and there is some native German tanks that could fill the same role as the M41A3 (SPz 11-2 Kurz/SP I.C, Wiesel tankettes, the Lang IFV with the 106mm recoilless rifle or even the SK-105/Patagon)

Edited by AspandaIV

31 minutes ago, AspandaIV said:

The M41A3 should be in the game but not in the German TT since the Americans used the M41A3 and there is some native German tanks that could fill the same role as the M41A3 (SPz 11-2 Kurz/SP I.C, SPz 11-2 Kurz, the Lang IFV with the 106mm recoilless rifle or even the SK-105/Patagon)

It should be added to both trees regardless, it was a mass-used tank by West Germany, and deserves representation in the tech tree.

As well, I don’t think any of these would be at 6.3, and the SP I.C was a single vehicle prototype.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Technical Moderator

So I guess this topic can now be closed? Btw why does the German M41A3 have a forward facing exhaust?

Many people say Germany made one M41 with a 90mm gun. If thats true. I do hope people will find that info and make a vehicle suggestion.

So we can get it in game. And i do hope Ger will get their own light tank/vehicle line. Same with other nations that can support such a line.

I do like the other 2 M41 we already have in game. And glad to see more :)

Hope Sweden will have Danish vehicles in its tree. So we can get the M41 DK1(It has APFSDS).

Hope to see a few M41 in the Chinese tree. Since Taiwan also had/have many of them.

Spoiler

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Wolf_89 said:

Many people say Germany made one M41 with a 90mm gun. If thats true. I do hope people will find that info and make a vehicle suggestion.

So we can get it in game. And i do hope Ger will get their own light tank/vehicle line. Same with other nations that can support such a line.

I do like the other 2 M41 we already have in game. And glad to see more :)

There should be one incomming in the next update

medal

@leroyonly

The tank from this suggestion seems to be the leKPz M41 implemented in 1.95

However, the ingame name seems to be incorrect

The only leKPz M41 I can find on the internet is leKPz M41 90 mm

medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator
On 18/12/2019 at 18:58, ALIEN109 said:

@leroyonly

The tank from this suggestion seems to be the leKPz M41 implemented in 1.95

However, the ingame name seems to be incorrect

The only leKPz M41 I can find on the internet is leKPz M41 90 mm

I wasn't completely sure if the M41 added was infact this M41A3 only with a different name or a different M41 variant but going by the amount of people saying implemented i believe i got my answer. ;)

@Milocat & @Solarmod ^ the answer to your questions as well.

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1