A34 Comet Mk 1 Type B (late)

Nuclear_Frog

Comet Type B  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Comet Type B in the game in any possible form (regular, premium, special event vehicle)?

• Yes.
    • No.

I main Japan, where their T5+ tanks have no lineup at their own BR, so I’m very sympathetic to the British issue of no other 5.3 tanks to form a lineup with. 

Making an effort to differentiate the Type B as much as possible, I can definitely see it having a place in-game as a tabbed tank under the wartime Type A.

Besides the hull changes, which might give it a tiny bit more chance to bounce a shell, and the smoke launchers, which would be a major advantage, I’ve also seen pictures of Comets with fabric mantlet covers like some Shermans get, which could be another visual difference to differentiate the Comet B from the standard A. 

I dont think looks should be underestimated as a factor. Someone who likes the standard Comet is pretty likely to look at the Type B with its sleeker hull, cloth mantlet cover and smoke launchers and want to own it.

It’d be useful for forming lineups (ideally we get something like TOG II or the post-war Churchill AVRE 165 around 5.0-5.7 to fill out lineups even more, but we can’t count on them being added anytime soon) and could be made to look visually distinctive. 

Also, since the Type B Comet was exported to a lot of countries, it would be really cool to have some camos for those countries as well as the British one, to reflect its international use.

Edited by Zombificus
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 minutes ago, Zombificus said:

Besides the hull changes, which might give it a tiny bit more chance to bounce a shell, and the smoke launchers, which would be a major advantage, I’ve also seen pictures of Comets with fabric mantlet covers like some Shermans get, which could be another visual difference to differentiate the Comet B from the standard A.

APDS could also be made the stock round as IIRC that became the primary ammunition in use for the Comet post-war.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly, I'd like to see this added as a modification to the regular Comet.

I mean, BMP-1s get the BMP-1P modification that removes an autoloader, which does change the mechanics of the vehicle, and the Ostketten mods for the German tanks change the models.

If we get a "Type B upgrade" to the Comet as a researchable option, similar to Dorchester 2F for the Challenger 2 or the BMP-1P for the BMP-1, it would allow the addition of the Comet B without messing with the tech tree and giving players access to a 3 Comet lineup. Make it a sidegrade to the smoke grenades, so that you can only equip one of the 2 options and it should be ok from a mechanics standpoint.

medal medal medal medal