M48 Armour Nerf (REVERTED on 1.77)

Anonimo_LLopi

4 minutes ago, Anonimo_LLopi said:

Aaaaaaand it's back

and now the front of the turret kinda maintains the 177mm line of sight thickness,

it looks much more trolly now, you are definitely going to (sometimes) bounce shells now if they don't shot you at the cupola, neck or LFP

Last time I checked that 82 + 152mm mantlet combination could eat pointblank jagdtiger shells with just breech damage and not care about 100/88mm apcbc

Old post

Spoiler

Gun Mantlet was nerfed and now it's like the M60's, the 82mm plate behind the 152mm part was removed

Spoiler

rKl4jFC.jpg

(Stock 100mm APHE OHKing everything through the new mantlet)

Spoiler

IqbEkLe.jpg

SF3tJ0h.jpg

UgunaOI.jpg

Edited by Anonimo_LLopi
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Anonimo_LLopi said:

Gun Mantlet was nerfed and now it's like the M60's, the 82mm plate behind the 152mm part was removed

Reveal hidden contents

rKl4jFC.jpg

(Stock 100mm APHE OHKing everything through the new mantlet)

Reveal hidden contents

IqbEkLe.jpg

SF3tJ0h.jpg

UgunaOI.jpg

Also they modeled the driver's hatch as flat armour (before it was 90º sloped with no flat parts so this didn't happened)

Reveal hidden contents

Et5r1Jq.jpg

and now spaa can kill you frontally from there:

(ostwind with aphe)

Reveal hidden contents

VR6H0EL.jpg

VgrjTKn.jpg

a328TzQ.jpg

AL3keRQ.jpg

bcWKVty.jpg

Awesome, now it's working as intended. Every step forward we get five backwords.

Just strengthens my belief that if you play the US you will by design be at huge disadvantage.  You would think with stuff like this that the US was competitive and needed a nerf.  We all know that's not true.

Only reason they model armor on these tanks at all is so the fuse on APHE can be set off. 

The entire American line end to end are nothing but one hit kill targets that move around the battlefield so that the enemy must turn their turrets every once in awhile. Not that they have to aim just point and click as intended. 

I do wonder though why the tank designers only made the frontal armor strong enough to stop a .50 BMG maybe they thought they would only have to go up against foot soldiers. And never for one second thought that they might have to face any thing larger than small arms.

Humph, oh well, I'll just keep moving in my mobile paper ammo box, so they at least have to do more than left click the mouse.  I don't want them to get bored just pushing a button. 

Edited by BigC_81
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 10
medal medal

Really Gaijin?

What is the reason? US tanks don't have enough weak spots or aren't already easy enough to kill? APHE isn't already overpowered enough to kill those tanks with cupola shots, now the only tank with the correct armor gets it removed for reasons ))))))))))))))))))? 

Historical accuracy my arse, this is unacceptable. 

• Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, *MiseryIndex556 said:

If there isn’t Russian bias, there is definitely an anti American bias. 

Yep.  This /\

I think that russian tanks have problems too. It's how the team handles them, that is the most telling.  

• Upvote 2
medal medal

Uuuuh do they just want to completely destroy US high tier?

edit: i mean, do you have a source it's wrong? )

Edited by Ometius93
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal

Was this a silent nerf?

The only thing i can say is double facepalm the only thing left is to give all US tanks 0 armor.

Also on another off-topic note we also can't forget how gaijin give US a middle finger for not adding the 2 better plane in their tech tree (F-84G on italian and skyraider on french) incapability of copy-pasting?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal

THANKS GAIJIN IS LIKE YOU DON'T WANT TO US TO PLAY THE GAME, now?? What can I use in simulator???? M60a1 crap M60 crap m48 crap m103 crap m56 crap Patton 2 crap Sheridan Nerf to the ground with the m60a2 (the only good thing t95e1 is not even on that event) 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, TheGun31 said:

THANKS GAIJIN IS LIKE YOU DON'T WANT TO US TO PLAY THE GAME, now?? What can I use in simulator???? M60a1 crap M60 crap m48 crap m103 crap m56 crap Patton 2 crap Sheridan Nerf to the ground with the m60a2 (the only good thing t95e1 is not even on that event) 

At this rate if they keep dumping on US and UK tanks, War Thunder will only have German and Russian players because everyone else just quit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, Slayer3XD said:

At this rate if they keep dumping on US and UK tanks, War Thunder will only have German and Russian players because everyone else just quit. 

at least in the UK tanks, the chieftain has actual armor

medal medal medal

The driver's hatch was always there, it wasn't added now. 

It's simple thing to fix, if only someone would report it. 

But... hang on... what is this? Looks like a report, doesn't it? Let's see what the report is about!

Spoiler

Ohhhh, so it was reported! Good! So there is a point in time from now to Star Wars where it will be corrected, no worries! :)

And to complete the list - this weakspot wasn't corrected also. For M60A1 it was, but not for M60 nor M48A1.

Spoiler

Edited by Godman_82
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, TheGun31 said:

at least in the UK tanks, the chieftain has actual armor

Emmmm... not exactly :) There are few places with effective armor about 180 on Chieftain turret. M60A1 had a requirement of having 254 mm of effective thickness, and since both nations developed their tanks against the same "enemy", younger Chieftain surely had the same, if not higher requirement.

I hope that Gaijin will finally understand the concept of cast armor some day.

• Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

You remember the sales Gaijin had a while ago based on the complaints about the British and American trees? In the light of this sort of thing - arbitrary stealth nerfs, expecting you to prove them wrong and quietly archiving/ignoring your meticulous and exhaustive reports, senseless deletion of armour parts and refusal to correct errors that are several years old - they really do seem distasteful.

If there's a more probable explanation for this level of senselessness, I want to hear it. Assuming this was all part of a deliberate strategy...well, it hardly bears contemplating. Handicapping a line of vehicles and then exploiting the players of those vehicles for in-game purchases? That's something Activision would do. In other words, it would go beyond mere tasteless exploitation; it would the publisher equivalent of satanic.

Edit: God, it annoys me how close this reads to some passive-aggressive conspiracy posts. Not really sure how to change it, though.

Edited by Jamwich
Hindsight
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So is it safe to just play until 7.0 for now? I'll keep working on unlocking 7.0 and above but I'll keep myself from playing those tanks until they're supposedly fixed.