M48 Armour Nerf (REVERTED on 1.77)

Anonimo_LLopi

16 hours ago, LilyTheKitty said:

So is it safe to just play until 7.0 for now? I'll keep working on unlocking 7.0 and above but I'll keep myself from playing those tanks until they're supposedly fixed.

You're good up to 8.0 just know you will be playing with disadvantages.   Anything past that and you will just be food for the XYZ70s. Really it's not fun at all at the moment.

If more 9.0 come out and the BR is spread out more. Than you should do just fine. 

16 hours ago, CptPejelagarto said:

Same here, the M47 is bad enough... :(

Just be glad they folded the M47 and M48 now you only have to do the worst grind in the game once.

medal medal

3 hours ago, BigC_81 said:

You're good up to 8.0 just know you will be playing with disadvantages.   Anything past that and you will just be food for the XYZ70s. Really it's not fun at all at the moment.

If more 9.0 come out and the BR is spread out more. Than you should do just fine. 

Just be glad they folded the M47 and M48 now you only have to do the worst grind in the game once.

What?

(I’m in a relaxation trip now without a computer)

After the fail that happened yasterday and the loss of the M8 Greyhound, I just briefly saw the folder with the M46/M47 and another one with the M48/M60, unless a very recent patch was dropped changing the folders.

Ps: Dude, I was like 300 RP away from researching the M47 when it was foldered with the M46, imagine my frustra... happiness atm!

3 minutes ago, SchokoladeDonner said:

so not only is the MBT-70 inferior to the KPZ-70 but now they have ta screw up the M48's armor to make it even more unplayble

Even more!?

How, in which way did the sekrit dokumints bless the M48 this time? 

:(

5 hours ago, SchokoladeDonner said:

so not only is the MBT-70 inferior to the KPZ-70(Thicker gunbreach armor 250 Cast vs 305 RHA on kpz

Actually both have the same gun breech thickness and both are structural steel (All gun breachs are structural steel in WT), 450mm of Structural steel but 5mm of penetration it's enough to damage it

Spoiler

cqRLb63.png

I reported all the other inconsistencies in armour between these 2 and they just got accepted:

MBT-70/KPZ-70 Turret Basket Thickness Inconsistency - Flight and Damage Model Issues - War Thunder - Official Forum

MBT-70/KPZ-70 Front Hull Bulkhead Thickness Inconsistency - Flight and Damage Model Issues - War Thunder - Official Forum

Gaijin will probably give the same thickness to both tanks, they will either nerf the KPZ-70 or they will buff the MBT-70

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

27 minutes ago, Anonimo_LLopi said:

Actually both have the same gun breech thickness and both are structural steel (All gun breachs are structural steel in WT), 450mm of Structural steel but 5mm of penetration it's enough to damage it

Hide contents

cqRLb63.png

I reported all the other inconsistencies in armour between these 2 and they just got accepted:

MBT-70/KPZ-70 Turret Basket Thickness Inconsistency - Flight and Damage Model Issues - War Thunder - Official Forum

MBT-70/KPZ-70 Front Hull Bulkhead Thickness Inconsistency - Flight and Damage Model Issues - War Thunder - Official Forum

Gaijin will probably give the same thickness to both tanks, they will either nerf the KPZ-70 or they will buff the MBT-70

will MBT-70 get a second volley of smoke like KPz?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, SchokoladeDonner said:

will MBT-70 get a second volley of smoke like KPz?

It's not likely. But according to Hunnicutt, each of the MBT-70's launchers contained two smoke grenades. What isn't said is if both grenades in the launcher were fired at once, or if they could be fired separately.

• Upvote 2
medal medal

On 11/1/2017 at 4:01 PM, Slayer3XD said:

At this rate if they keep dumping on US and UK tanks, War Thunder will only have German and Russian players because everyone else just quit. 

Well... Whats the alternative? Armored warfare? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 1:30 PM, BigC_81 said:

Yep.  This /\

I think that russian tanks have problems too. It's how the team handles them, that is the most telling.  

Of course Russian tanks have problems 50 years of constant war in the middle east has proven that without question, the Israelis where whipping their collective butts with souped up Sherman's the first 2 wars. What the developers have done to US equipment in this game is laughable it's so wrong from a realistic standpoint.   

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Only reason why american tanks are easy to kill because APHE does not work even nearly like it should when most of the explosive force should get wasted when it hits armor and should not enter inside tank!

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 7/1/2018 at 4:01 PM, Keijo_Kalmakoura said:

Only reason why american tanks are easy to kill because APHE does not work even nearly like it should when most of the explosive force should get wasted when it hits armor and should not enter inside tank!

is not the only reason men :P

medal medal medal

The entire Pershing/Patton/M60 family has armor issues. This is no surprise honestly. 

The entire group of tanks is missing that 82-90mm extra plate. For things like the Pershing and Patton, it means the difference between getting frontally oneshot by a Tiger 1/Panther 1 through the turret face or not. For the Super Pershing, that plate is the difference between a long 88 penning it or not.

And then we have the overperforming 85mm ballistic caps enabling the Jumbo to be frontally penned even when angled. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

Aaaaaaand it's back

and now the front of the turret kinda maintains the 177mm line of sight thickness,

it looks much more trolly now, you are definitely going to (sometimes) bounce shells now if they don't shot you at the cupola, neck or LFP

Last time I checked that 82 + 152mm mantlet combination could eat pointblank jagdtiger shells with just breech damage and not care about 100/88mm apcbc

• Like 1
medal medal medal

58 minutes ago, FilipAleksanderS said:

What about m60 and m60a1? They are listed in the patch notes as well.

for the M60A1 the optic armour was 45mm iirc and now it's 127mm but the mantlet it's still the same

Spoiler

LsMn0Wo.jpg

And for the M60 they re-added the inner turret ring (before you could kill it frontally with a 4m gaz or any mg because without this part there was a armour hole), no mantlet changes either

Spoiler

ssbaDdT.jpg

Edited by Anonimo_LLopi
medal medal medal

I need to find a source about gunshield of M48 and M60, it is probably the same part, hence M60 should also receive the mantlet block behind gunshield, since Gaijin acknowledged it is a separate, and not empty box. When I will find some definite proof, I'm going to report that.

M60A1, as we all know, is a different matter, because they still claim it is hollow. But I did not gave up yet :D

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal