Tiger 1 add on armour upgrade (upper plate)

proMLGpro

would you want this extra add on armour?  

233 members have voted

1. 1. would you want this add on armour

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. how do you want it

• only the one in the suggested pictures (upper plate only)
    • a combination of what we have in game and in the picture. (upper and lower plate with add on tracks)
    • I said no.

8 hours ago, Peasant_wb said:

Rather than introducing more of these band-aid fixes, Gaijin should fix their damn penetration calculator and reduce BR spread.

Yes, also less arcade maps in RB/SB.  Tigers are medium-long range tanks, 5.7 Germany has it hard with maps like Italy and stuff.  In fact I would say some tanks like the Panther A are overpowered (I talismaned the thing back when it was 6.0, now it is at 5.7 with more frontal armour than most heavy tanks, hp/t identical to the T-34-85, 1° less turret rotation than the Sherman, and a long barreled 75mm with 189mm penetration AP(HE)CBC), but they can’t perform to their full capabilities when the entire team is 5.7 tanks fighting 5.7-6.7 mobile tanks on urban 2x2km maps.

Also, BR decompression would work better than effecting the BR spread.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator

+1 It‘s a heavy tank that has to fear enemy tanks in a full downtier and if Gaijin isn‘t willing to reduce it‘s BR to 5.3 or 5.0 it should at least have as much add-on armor as possible. You have my support! :good:

• 3 months later...

+1.  I can't really see a good argument against this.  There are a ton of pictures of Tiger tanks with the extra track armor so it's historical and should definitely be available in-game as a module.  If it has to be uptiered as a result then so be it.  Personally, when I run into Tigers I they're either somewhat scary or a free kill depending on what I'm driving.  In general the Panther D is way scarier.  

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

should be a thing, like, the tiger is only immune at 1km if its perfectly angled, and I mean LITERALLY perfect as most of the guns it faces has 130mm of pen and a perfect angle gives it exacly that amount of armor.

with tracks covering everything not the vision port and MG port (which adds  armor value at an angle), it'll be basically be immune from anything not an american 90mm, 17pdr, or russian 100+ gun, ergo medium tank guns with a 10 degree wiggle room. these tanks could still pen the turret if they know what thier doing so it isn't completly immune while angling, and it makes it actually immune to a jumbo point blank from the front which is a plus. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

(+1)

The Tiger E deserves the add on armour on it, because it's constantly getting uptier, facing 6.7 tanks, and its design it's obsolete for that b.r..

Edited by _CG_
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an old discussion post identical to this suggestion. :)

Again i think Tiger 1 tanks with addon tracks should either be a Standalone tank folded with the regular Tiger 1 tanks or be Premiums tanks.

튀니지타이거-4.jpg

Edited by eleks12
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 7 months later...