Schützenpanzer Puma (IFV)

pieve

Schützenpanzer Puma (IFV)  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Puma?

• Yes. I support this Suggestion.
    • No. I dont support this Suggestion
  2. 2. What battle rating?

If this is correct and Gaijin developers really want to add the Sprut-SD I can see the Puma being added as well in the future, especially with rank 7 being announced. I do wonder how the Puma would compare to the Marder 1 and 2 IFV variants though which would probably come first.

medal medal medal medal medal

19 hours ago, *Arkel-99 said:

If this is correct and Gaijin developers really want to add the Sprut-SD I can see the Puma being added as well in the future, especially with rank 7 being announced. I do wonder how the Puma would compare to the Marder 1 and 2 IFV variants though which would probably come first.

1 Problem: MELLS / Spike-LR is Fire and Forget

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 20/02/2019 at 15:44, dotEXCEL said:

1 Problem: MELLS / Spike-LR is Fire and Forget

Realism vs balance. I don't understand why you're getting hung up on the fire and forget aspect of the missile. Plenty of precedent of Gaijin ignoring and not implementing certain types of technology so they can implement something in the game and keep it balanced. A Spike-LR with a top down attack that requires the gunner to hold the target in it's sight wouldn't be unreasonable and would totally fall in line with what Gaijin has done with technology in the past..

• Confused 1
medal medal

• 2 months later...

+1

While yes, I would like to see the Puma in the game at some point, I don't know if the mechanics and battlespace in War Thunder is ready for the cutting edge technology and protection mechanisms that the Puma incorporates.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This could work, but it also might be a little too modern.  

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't complain if it was added.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well... SPIKE is now in the gamefiles.... +1 i guess... but only after this

and this:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator

Absolutely yes, this would be an amazing rank VI or even rank VII IFV for Germany. Armored, high crew-survivability, a lot of ammo for a devastating gun, air-burst and APFSDS shells and ATGMs... This would probably be Germany's absolute top line IFV. You have my full support on this one! +1 :yes_yes_yes:

Edited by Stuhlfleisch
  • Upvote 1

Well... with the addition of the Type 16 to the game (which entered operational deployment in 2016) i guess there is no cut off date any more in war thunder. This makes vehicles like the Puma (IFV) viable for implementation. I would personally like to see the Marder 1 and 2 be added first (although their implementation have specific challenges). The addition of the Type 16 generates curiosity as for the game's future, will we see other contemporary vehicles from the last decade?

• 2 weeks later...

i mean it looks ultra cool and has a nice 30 mm auto cannon( i think , i just like how it looks while shooting ) and is a scout wich germany has like 1 at 6.7 and behind a pay wall .... and the good old pume BUT AT RANK 2 wich is useless for the daily tasks of rank 3

i give A BIG THUMB UP +1

medal

• 3 weeks later...

Def rank vii with mobility on 800-1000hp engine Level and composite elements in the armour...stab 30mm autocannon and spike missles ...but low repair cost as recon vehicle addon to the line

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGfSBECaLd80Q7u7pNZcs

Edited by Ahnkoo
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 03/04/2018 at 08:38, dotEXCEL said:

02e963680fac99617eaecfc6c2727c7d.jpg
just look at that Addon armour thickness (Preseries Chassie and turret)

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure production variants don't have nearly that much armor on the sides, as far as I'm aware it's designed to stop 30mm rounds.

As for the ATGM I don't think it's really a problem, they can just make it function like a normal SACLOS missile. And they can just add F&F or remote guidance later when it can be balanced and change the BR of this vehicle appropriately. I do think the Marder 1A3 and Marder 2 should be added first though so that people don't waste their RP on a vehicle that will be locked behind two others the next patch

medal

• 1 month later...

Now I definitely think this vehicle should be added. With the addition of the Eurocopter which has access to fire-and-forget ATGMS in real life (but did not get such mechanic in the game for obvious reasons) there is no real reason not to implement this vehicle now!

This vehicle would be very interesting as it's most armored variant would present a new type of IFV for the game. One which would be able to resist auto-cannon fire from other IFVs from the front (maybe even from the side?). Of course the armor would not be sufficient to protect it from other threats such as ATGMs or MBT shells. 

It would be nice if Germany would get their IFV line developed as it currently only has the begleit. The Marder 1A3, Marder 2, Puma, Boxer and even wiesels would be very nice additions. 

• Upvote 1

I dont see why everyone is giving hate towards the Spike ATGM being a Fire and Forget, the new SIDAM Mistral has fire and forget missiles, so this proves that Gaijin is willing to add ground based fire and forget missiles.

The Puma would be like an upgraded Begleitpanzer, faster, probably a better autocannon, better ATGMs, and maybe better protection.

If this was to be added, I would vote that it should be available after the Begleitpanzer, as it is basically an upgrade to it.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

35 minutes ago, Cat_Clan_Leader said:

I dont see why everyone is giving hate towards the Spike ATGM being a Fire and Forget, the new SIDAM Mistral has fire and forget missiles, so this proves that Gaijin is willing to add ground based fire and forget missiles.

The Puma would be like an upgraded Begleitpanzer, faster, probably a better autocannon, better ATGMs, and maybe better protection.

If this was to be added, I would vote that it should be available after the Begleitpanzer, as it is basically an upgrade to it.

the 30 mm gun is actually worse than the 57 of the Begleitpanzer 57 , its faster but smaller in every aspect

medal

3 minutes ago, Ghostmaxi said:

the 30 mm gun is actually worse than the 57 of the Begleitpanzer 57 , its faster but smaller in every aspect

The 57 just is horrendously inaccurate and is not stabilized, seems like the 30 is better.

Edited by IAMTRIGGERED
medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
On 22/09/2019 at 01:21, MRE75 said:

:yes_yes_yes: ADATS, M3 Bradley , FV 510 Warrior are already in the Game. So there is no reason to don't have this one too. but its up to devs to make it into game or not and we should respect their 

Bmp1, Bmp2, Bmp3 and Type 89 IFV and germans will get a Ctrl+c & Ctrl+v vehicle to help baguette panzer.

Gaijin i want my puma.

medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 years later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the Puma has been implemented as per 2.15 Wind of Change,

Moved  to Implemented Suggestions. :salute: 

• Thanks 1