Douglas A-4M Skyhawk

Douglas A-4M Skyhawk  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Should the A-4M Skyhawk be added to the game?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I'd prefer an earlier version, such as the A-4E.

Bump, another reason to want to see this in light of newer attackers ( namely jump jets) coming next patch.  Besides maybe a  retrofitted A-4F J52-P-408 engines, the A-4M is the best bet for America. 

I feels the Sky hawks are iconic enough of an aircraft family they they justify at least 2 variants. AS we know the performance ( T/W and Rate of climb)  of this model is substantial improvement over the A4B currently in game, plus this sky hawk would also include countermeasures dispenser plus Radar warning receiver, along with  the bombing computer  ( CP-741) which would offer CCRP- esque functions.

This is is the last and most modern Sky-hawk to actually see official military service within the  US.

Edited by RanchSauce39

I would love a new skyhawk! 

The A-4B is already my most played plane, and I would love some more cannon ammo, RWR, and maybe some new missiles / more ground attack pylons

+1

• Upvote 1
medal medal

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes! There is a model for it already in the data mine so hopefully in the right direction! +1

Edited by Yontzee
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know i'm a bit late to this thread but i would still love to see the A-4M in the American tree seeing that the current B and E variants are almost identical in terms of flight performance. I think it would be fitting for the A-4M to have the same stats as the A-4N that is currently in the Israeli tree seeing that the A-4N was a modification of the A-4M that was exported to Israel.

On 17/04/2022 at 14:23, TauArcturus said:

I know i'm a bit late to this thread but i would still love to see the A-4M in the American tree seeing that the current B and E variants are almost identical in terms of flight performance. I think it would be fitting for the A-4M to have the same stats as the A-4N that is currently in the Israeli tree seeing that the A-4N was a modification of the A-4M that was exported to Israel.

never to late for that type of thread !

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The A-4M would definitely play the same role as the A-4N with the AGM-65s and would most likely be equipped with AIM-9G at 9.3 given it only used AIM-9G and above. Definitely support this beautiful plane coming into the game.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

I have returned once again, hoping the A-4M gets added.
I don't know if the one spotted in the files all those years ago was actually finished, though.
It seemed to lack the IFF sensor, and I couldn't tell if it had an ARBS or not.
I've also seen some images of the A-4M carrying captive training-versions of the AIM-9L, though I'm not sure it could carry the actual AIM-9L...

medal medal

On 01/09/2022 at 08:05, Shin_Kazama_ said:

I have returned once again, hoping the A-4M gets added.
I don't know if the one spotted in the files all those years ago was actually finished, though.
It seemed to lack the IFF sensor, and I couldn't tell if it had an ARBS or not.
I've also seen some images of the A-4M carrying captive training-versions of the AIM-9L, though I'm not sure it could carry the actual AIM-9L...

Well the last one was rolled off the factory in 1979, and it was updated all the way in the late 80s/early 90s (ARBS and such) so it probably can carry AIM-9L

Good thing about that is that the US Skyhawks should be able to carry 4x AIM-9s, and at the very least the A-4M should get 4x AIM-9H making it even better than A-4N (which it should be)

medal medal medal medal medal

30 minutes ago, EL337GH0ST said:

Well the last one was rolled off the factory in 1979, and it was updated all the way in the late 80s/early 90s (ARBS and such) so it probably can carry AIM-9L

Good thing about that is that the US Skyhawks should be able to carry 4x AIM-9s, and at the very least the A-4M should get 4x AIM-9H making it even better than A-4N (which it should be)

If the A-4M in-game were to get such modifications, it could prove to be even better than the A-10s, probably being put at 10.3 (if it gets 4x AIM-9Ls)

• Upvote 1
medal medal

• 1 month later...

Agree with above, I am hoping to not see it being ended up as event vehicle and rather to have it in tech tree. Should be very fun & exciting to fly in it. +1

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.