F-84F Thunderstreak

Florus_

Should the Thunderstreak be added to the game?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Thunderstreak be added to the game?

• Yes
    • No (why)
  2. 2. Where should it be placed?

• Premium
    • Normal Tree
    • Event Vehicle
    • (I answered no to the first one)

On 30/01/2019 at 05:01, _Condottiero_ said:

Why not? There are not so many candidates for V-VI ranks of Italian aviation and each addition is needed. 

Italian F-84F Thunderstreak fits best in Tier-VI, however with the lowest battle rating

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Blazeangel2016 said:

It depends on where the next jets for italy will go. Like the F-104, it might go up to tier 7, or it might be tier 6. 

There will not be Tier-VII in War Thunder.
Italian F-84F Thunderstreak will be a maximum br 9.0

• Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2019 at 03:24, pieve said:

You mean just like there wont be afterburners, supersonic vehicles or guided missiles... oh ... wait.... :facepalm:

The F-104, Mirage-III, MiG-21 and Lightning are inevitable since 4 of the 7 nations in the game never operated anything comparable to the F-100 or MiG-19... The UK, Japan, W.Germany* and Italy all jumped from subsonic to Mach 2+. These vehicles would need to be segregated from current 8.0-9.0's so this means an expanded BR range to avoid compression is required, expanded BR range likely means new Tier... it also allows for expansion of "Grind -Thunder" by forcing us to research through Tier 6 before we can get to such machines.

*E.Germany had MiG-19's

8 hours ago, Fa11enPhoenix said:

You mean just like there wont be afterburners, supersonic vehicles or guided missiles... oh ... wait.... :facepalm:

The F-104, Mirage-III, MiG-21 and Lightning are inevitable since 4 of the 7 nations in the game never operated anything comparable to the F-100 or MiG-19... The UK, Japan, W.Germany* and Italy all jumped from subsonic to Mach 2+. These vehicles would need to be segregated from current 8.0-9.0's so this means an expanded BR range to avoid compression is required, expanded BR range likely means new Tier... it also allows for expansion of "Grind -Thunder" by forcing us to research through Tier 6 before we can get to such machines.

*E.Germany had MiG-19's

o-que-causa-1.png?fit=236,213&ssl=1

But everything very knows this, this is nothing new

I'm talking about that F-84F can be Tier-VI with BR 8.3 up to 9.0. What matters is br classification is not the tier

On 01/02/2019 at 03:24, pieve said:

Look whats just been announced...

Tanks only so far but I'll bet my house on Tier VII emerging at some point for aircraft for precisely the reasons I listed in my last post... it was and still is inevitable.

On 15/02/2019 at 12:54, Blazeangel2016 said:

Welp they just announced tier 7, so what now?

Well, I do not see the need for a new tier-VII

On 27/01/2019 at 15:20, Blazeangel2016 said:

Hello, i'd like to suggest a nice plane to fill out the current top tier of the Italian air-force, as well as a good plane to prepare the tree for tier 6: the F-84F Thunderstreak.

The F-84F Thunderstreak began testing in 1950, however faced a number of teething problems with its design, as well as multiple issues with its components. This delayed the aircraft to only enter service in 1954, and further delayed it due to other issues. In 1956, the Italian air-force was given multiple F-84F's, of which they operated until 1971. Other than the issues with malfunctioning and not being maintained properly, the aircraft was very capable, and even had set a speed record for a flight between L.A. to New York, in just three hours, 44 minutes, and 53 seconds in March of 1955.

The F-84F's design was an upgrade from the F-84G, slightly enlarging the fuselage to allow for the upgraded Wright J65 engine, and also swept the wings to allow for a higher max speed and more maneuverability at high speeds. This made the aircraft extremely powerful, and gave them the ability to fight against the more advanced F-86 Sabres, as well as giving it a higher max payload from the original F-84 design. However, it did have some of the same disadvantages of it's older sister, the F-84G. It had an extremely long takeoff run, and had issues dependent on the weather that could extend the takeoff to up to 2.3 kilometers.

In War Thunder, this plane would be able to perform very similarly to the F-86 Sabres in many of the lines in game, like the German CL-13, the Japanese F-40, and the American F-25. I would love to see it as an introduction into the american export line that Italy had throughout the cold war.

General characteristics

• Crew: 1
  • Length: 43 ft 4¾ in (13.23 m)
  • Wingspan: 33 ft 7¼ in (10.25 m)
  • Height: 14 ft 4¾ in (4.39 m)
  • Wing area: 325 ft² (30 m²)
  • Empty Weight: 13,830lb (5,200 kg)
  • Max Takeoff Weight: 28,000 lb (12,701 kg)
  • Engine: 1 × Wright J65-W-3 turbojet, 7,220 lbf (32.2 kN)

Performance

• Maximum Speed: 695 mph (604 knots, 1,119 km/h, Mach .91) at sea level
  • Range: 1,900 miles (1651.1 nmi, 3057.8 km)
  • Service Ceiling: 46,000 ft (14,000 m)
  • Rate of Climb: 8,200 ft/min (42 m/s)
  • Wing Loading: 86 lb/ft² (423 kg/m²)

Armament

•  .50 in (12.7 mm) Browning M3 machine guns
  • Up to 6,000lb (2,727 kg) of rockets and bombs.

F-84F Thunderstreak Pictures:

Reveal hidden contents

On Runway

image.thumb.png.28ab30c4a2e2928c116c43e2

On Display

Image result for italian F-84F

Artist Rendering

X-ray of the aircraft

Image result for F-84F manual

F-84F Model

Sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_F-84F_Thunderstreak

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww3/f/61/60/1

https://www.airplanesofthepast.com/f84f-thunderstreak.htm

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/198069/republic-f-84f-thunderstreak/

http://www.thunderstreaks.com/f-84f/f-84fs-of-the-italian-air-force/#prettyPhoto

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=915

XD, I literally did the same thing by accident just now, oof. Well, at least I am not alone.

medal medal medal

+1 for this plane in the Italian tree!  

(I also think it should be in the U.S., French, and German trees . . . really quite curious that it hasn't been implemented yet in some form or another.)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the Italian F-84F has been added as per update 2.3 Hot Tracks,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. :salute:

• Like 1