• Yes for tree
    • Yes for premium
    • No
  2. 2. What BR is better?

• I vote No in Q1

23 hours ago, Optical_Ilyushin said:

Here's another image of the vehicle, relatively front aspect view now

CCV front view.jpg

I don't know what to think of the design, it is... you know, special in various ways, but I don't know what to think, because it is eye appealing, at the same time it isn't, *somehow* beautifull, and... strange to look at, anyone have this same feeling for this machine?

Edited by Zoro_shippuden
medal

16 hours ago, Zoro_shippuden said:

I don't know what to think of the design, it is... you know, special in various ways, but I don't know what to think, because it is eye appealing, at the same time it isn't, *somehow* beautifull, and... strange to look at, anyone have this same feeling for this machine?

It looks like a closed umbrella that fell over.

• Haha 1
medal medal medal

On 22/02/2022 at 00:22, ShimakazeChan said:

I'm Not 100% Sure If This Is The Same Vehicle As The Topic But The Japanese Also Had A Modular Systems Vehicle Prototype:

img_12_m.png
DnifRqFV4AEfIiW.jpg
DnifQpHVYAA_p4G.jpg

oh I didn't know that model was based on a real modification, it'd be neat to get something like that as a modification on the Type 16 in-game, even if it isn't very practical.

6 hours ago, Raiden_Black said:

Looks promising but its still too early to add ain't it?
Let the project develop a bit more.

This project this was a part of was canceled years ago, with only the Type 16 being adopted, they only restarted development on a few of the originally intended variants recently AFAIK.

Edited by Epsilon160

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2022 at 07:06, Epsilon160 said:

This project this was a part of was canceled years ago, with only the Type 16 being adopted, they only restarted development on a few of the originally intended variants recently AFAIK.

Yea ... that's what I meant, the production model is yet to be finalized. The project's still in development. And Japan is also testing foreign wheeled platforms. 
So how far this project'll go, is anybody's guess.

medal

1 hour ago, Raiden_Black said:

Yea ... that's what I meant, the production model is yet to be finalized. The project's still in development. And Japan is also testing foreign wheeled platforms. 
So how far this project'll go, is anybody's guess.

This specific variant with the 40mm gun is canceled, development on this one is done. All we need is just find for info on it for implementation.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Optical_Ilyushin said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/twe9ez/new_vehicles_added_and_readded_with_the_ultra/

9577042f685c9e8e615e527a97593dfa.png

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest for a second, but alas, a US light tank.

I been looking forward to this vehicle for long time but i think there is still missing info for it to be added yet.

• Technical Moderator
9 hours ago, Fireraid233 said:

I been looking forward to this vehicle for long time but i think there is still missing info for it to be added yet.

Frankly the only practical barrier I see is to get more reference images, if that's even a practical barrier. Otherwise we've got enough to make a functional product in the game, and this is a more reasonable vehicle to see in WT than say, the Radkampfwagen 90, driver optics? what driver optics?

Really the only big thing I see being a problem is ammo count, we have no idea what it is and it'd probably suck quite a bit if they decide to give it a 10 round clip because the video only shows 10 rounds fired at a time. That and FCS, although they can just balance FCS based on BR.

Edited by Epsilon160

• Technical Moderator
2 hours ago, Epsilon160 said:

Really the only big thing I see being a problem is ammo count, we have no idea what it is and it'd probably suck quite a bit if they decide to give it a 10 round clip because the video only shows 10 rounds fired at a time. That and FCS, although they can just balance FCS based on BR.

To be fair, I'm unsure how well documented some ammo counts for existing vehicles we have in the game are, and it would not surprise me if a fair few are estimated values. Realistically if this vehicle gets added, it'd easily have more than 10 rounds, if we were to ballpark for game balance purposes, I'd say 1 minute of continuous fire (750 rounds) would be a reasonable quantity to carry, in part because of the ergonomic advantages of CTA ammunition.

1 minute ago, Optical_Ilyushin said:

To be fair, I'm unsure how well documented some ammo counts for existing vehicles we have in the game are, and it would not surprise me if a fair few are estimated values. Realistically if this vehicle gets added, it'd easily have more than 10 rounds, if we were to ballpark for game balance purposes, I'd say 1 minute of continuous fire (750 rounds) would be a reasonable quantity to carry, in part because of the ergonomic advantages of CTA ammunition.

Yeah also that turret, I get that the gun's pretty big, but the turret is just massive. I wouldn't doubt it if they said they had belts/feeds upwards of 100 rounds.

• Technical Moderator
3 minutes ago, Epsilon160 said:

Yeah also that turret, I get that the gun's pretty big, but the turret is just massive. I wouldn't doubt it if they said they had belts/feeds upwards of 100 rounds.

It's also just a fairly sizable vehicle overall, and given it's a related development to the MCV (what would become the Type 16 MCV), I'm sure there's a fair bit of room on the inside to work with.

There are still some critical things we don't know yet tho Like is the gun stabilized? Does it have any thermals? CITV? Turret traverse speeds? Etc. I'm guessing gaijin will just to make it up till we find any concrete info.

4 hours ago, Epsilon160 said:

4 hours ago, Optical_Ilyushin said:

It's also just a fairly sizable vehicle overall, and given it's a related development to the MCV (what would become the Type 16 MCV), I'm sure there's a fair bit of room on the inside to work with.

From what I can tell at least, the prototype has an unmanned turret. There are only a few access points, but they seem to be to service the internals. There are no actual periscope optics. That means no clips as there is no one to actually load them and plenty of space for ammo storage.

Spoiler

f28UUss.png

2 hours ago, Fireraid233 said:

There are still some critical things we don't know yet tho Like is the gun stabilized? Does it have any thermals? CITV? Turret traverse speeds? Etc. I'm guessing gaijin will just to make it up till we find any concrete info.

The presence of a stabilizer and thermals can at least be inferred from the documentation. For example there is an emphasis put on accurate fire on the move.

al1BEA9.png

In early simulations they were experiencing issues where the hull would pitch too far when firing on the move and how it would need to be fixed. As far as thermals there are some mentions of quick target search and acquisition, but we don't have a good clear image of the optics. This is currently the best we have.

Spoiler

DrP6NtJ.png

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, AnimeThighs said:

From what I can tell at least, the prototype has an unmanned turret. There are only a few access points, but they seem to be to service the internals. There are no actual periscope optics. That means no clips as there is no one to actually load them and plenty of space for ammo storage.

Hide contents

The presence of a stabilizer and thermals can at least be inferred from the documentation. For example there is an emphasis put on accurate fire on the move.

al1BEA9.png

In early simulations they were experiencing issues where the hull would pitch too far when firing on the move and how it would need to be fixed. As far as thermals there are some mentions of quick target search and acquisition, but we don't have a good clear image of the optics. This is currently the best we have.

Reveal hidden contents

Ok that's interesting the giant turret is unmanned? That would be pretty good in game wise. So I'm guessing the driver, gunner and commander is in the hull. But a bit confused would that mean it has an autoloader?

Edited by Fireraid233

• Technical Moderator
1 minute ago, Fireraid233 said:

Ok that's interesting thr giant turret is unmanned? That would be pretty good in game wise. So I'm guessing the driver, gunner and commander is in the hull. But a bit confused would that mean it has an autoloader?

I mean, I'd be really impressed if they could manually load it at 750rpm, JGSDF crew must be built different. Honestly though an automatic feed system would not surprise me too much in either case.

1 minute ago, Optical_Ilyushin said:

I mean, I'd be really impressed if they could manually load it at 750rpm, JGSDF crew must be built different. Honestly though an automatic feed system would not surprise me too much in either case.

Yeah I guess that makes sense :lol2:

On 05/04/2022 at 19:35, Fireraid233 said:

Ok that's interesting the giant turret is unmanned? That would be pretty good in game wise. So I'm guessing the driver, gunner and commander is in the hull. But a bit confused would that mean it has an autoloader?

considering hatch placement I wouldn't be surprised if they were all just sitting in the front.

edit: nvm I don't think that's a hatch based on the diagram, just looked like one

Edited by Epsilon160