Alvis Ltd - Stormer Air Defence.

TasteTheTea

"Stormer Air Defence" vehicle for War Thunder.  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this vehicle in-game?

• Yes please.
    • No thank you. (would you mind explaining why?)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

Again, I don't believe we've ever seen any proof that the 30mm was ever fitted. Not a single image.

That shouldn't matter too much, so long as the platform was designed to also mount it it should be fine.

Also this is the closest I could find considering the use of the Blazer turret.

m1047-lavad_07-jpg.191940

Edited by GrandMoffTano
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
17 minutes ago, GrandMoffTano said:

That shouldn't matter too much, so long as the platform was designed to also mount it it should be fine.

Also this is the closest I could find considering the use of the Blazer turret.

m1047-lavad_07-jpg.191940

I don't think that's the same turret

10 minutes ago, TerikG2014 said:

I don't think that's the same turret

It is the same turret, just a different iteration on the LAV.

Edited by GrandMoffTano
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
1 hour ago, GrandMoffTano said:

It is the same turret, just a different iteration on the LAV.

No it looks totally different that turret has no radar a copula only on one side, no GPMG mounting and only a single stinger launcher also no smoke grenade launchers. even if it is just a different iteration there so different its basically incomparable.

RttzYgj.thumb.jpg.c28682c47e9ab15a164bec

16 minutes ago, TerikG2014 said:

No it looks totally different that turret has no radar a copula only on one side, no GPMG mounting and only a single stinger launcher also no smoke grenade launchers. even if it is just a different iteration there so different its basically incomparable.

RttzYgj.thumb.jpg.c28682c47e9ab15a164bec

Might want to make a better comparison, because the only major difference is in the turret bustle, the radar, stinger pack and Grenade Launchers.

Another comparison is the one used on the Bradley with more sloping armour and quad missile pack, still the same turret, just a different iteration.

m2-blazer-jpg.192053

Edited by GrandMoffTano

• Suggestion Moderator
8 minutes ago, GrandMoffTano said:

Might want to make a better comparison, because the only major difference is in the turret bustle, the radar, stinger pack and Grenade Launchers.

Another comparison is the one used on the Bradley with more sloping armour and quad missile pack, still the same turret, just a different iteration.

m2-blazer-jpg.192053

Now that does look more like the same turret for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Suggestion Moderator

+1 for sure. Pretty similar to the new American LAV-AD so I don't see why this wouldn't be OK to add.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an addition to this, I realise that a copy of the brochure might be hard to come by (I myself came across a copy by chance). I'm willing to lend my copy for the sake of authenticity if ever this vehicle is considered for a future patch. :good:

medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like it. I think the Stormer would be better in many cases but Britain would do well with an air-defense tank that has SAMs and a gun. My only concern is, was this ever actually built as a complete, working prototype? I see the photos but the turret looks more like a mockup built from flimsy mild steel or non-armor aluminium than anything else. At the end of the day though this would be a nice addition and I could see it being a decent 9.7 SAM to complement the Challenger Mk 2 and other British sub-10.0s.

medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

Yes please more spaa the better, whats wrong with more options ?? its like arguing the LAV AD shouldnt have been added yet... but i rarely see a game without one its clearly a popular vehicle. saying we should just make do with whats already in the game is like saying like it or lump it. this would be a great addition for the brit tree. like the vickers mk7 this would be refreshing in comparison to whats available.      

• Upvote 1
medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

This suggestion has been passed to the developers for consideration :salute:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1