Too many EC missions to choose from?

Pony51

• Technical Moderator

Bringing this back up with Sweden air now fully in game.

A smaller map list will have more players per map.

I would be welcome to limit some maps to certain EC's  In fact, I think that is very much needed.

Almost every game is player created anyway. As I write : 17 missions  going on (EU + RU servers), of which 15 are player created.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
  • Technical Moderator

How many new maps do we have?

Time for Map Rotation to be in effect?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Pony51 said:

How many new maps do we have?

Time for Map Rotation to be in effect?

or just turn those stupid player created rooms off?

Most of them are grind rooms with country mixes set to allow certain grindy nations to have easiest time possible

Edited by przybysz86
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

Mozdok (2017?) = Finish the match in 4 min. bomber spam

Britain (2018/19) = Bail out bomber spam+kill your friends at the AF

Tunisia (2020) = Rocket spam

Any map for that matter = lock it with alt accounts then land near the enemy airfield

USA vs ALL maps =

Spoiler

It is absurd that its still in debate.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

9 hours ago, _Thrash_ said:

It is absurd that its still in debate.

IDEA:
add option to create "ready preset" player room. By this I mean select any preset of map/nation already in game and press "create" - such room will be used my normal match making to put people in and will be way for us, players, to try to influence normal match maker that we for example want to play certain map or certain nation/set while still having same balance point as maps created normally.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

add option to create "ready preset" player room. By this I mean select any preset of map/nation already in game...   will be way for us, players, to try to influence normal match maker

I support this idea 100%.

Too many people ignore the fact that abusing exploits is not the only reason some of us want to be able to open a new game.

The matchmaker can be kind of crap.

It is exceedingly common to not be able to play as certain nations and certain tier vehicles because there is no game available.

And usually, if a game does finally open up, it's most likely because it is a one-sided match and everyone on your team is leaving. But you go in anyway, because you know you won't be able to fly the planes you want at all unless you accept the fact that you're gonna get stomped. 

The only good option, most of the time, is to try to start your own game. And sometimes you wait and wait and wait,  but you still can't get a game started. 

I very much like the idea of preset map/nation selections, which are part of the normal matchmaker, and influenceable by players. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

• Technical Moderator
18 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

How about Player Created rooms are  bad weather (night, dusk, dawn, max haze, rain).  And 100% more AAA and AI

Minimum 30 min lock timer for any unit.

-100% rewards

Default rooms have best play weather, +100% rewards, 

(not being really serious about it)

4 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

IDEA:
add option to create "ready preset" player room. By this I mean select any preset of map/nation already in game and press "create" - such room will be used my normal match making to put people in and will be way for us, players, to try to influence normal match maker that we for example want to play certain map or certain nation/set while still having same balance point as maps created normally.

Fully support this!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Pony51 said:

How about Player Created rooms are  bad weather (night, dusk, dawn, max haze, rain). 

won't affect bombers and will make it harder for everyone else.

• Technical Moderator
3 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

won't affect bombers and will make it harder for everyone else.

Oh, and only Afghanistan map.  (evil grin)

2 minutes ago, Pony51 said:

Oh, and only Afghanistan map.  (evil grin)

We had night battles before and guess what: fighters we useless as it was impossible to spot anyone but magic bomber gunners not only worked (AI shoot + it still tracked kilometers away + they have "hit marker") but also it's not that hard to bomb airfields at night - especially since they go low and don't bother about survival.

To be blunt: if you see AF good enough to land on it (and you have to really if game is to make any sense) they can see it good enough to zomber it

• Technical Moderator
8 minutes ago, przybysz86 said:

We had night battles before and guess what: fighters we useless as it was impossible to spot anyone but magic bomber gunners not only worked (AI shoot + it still tracked kilometers away + they have "hit marker") but also it's not that hard to bomb airfields at night - especially since they go low and don't bother about survival.

To be blunt: if you see AF good enough to land on it (and you have to really if game is to make any sense) they can see it good enough to zomber it

Why I suggested double the number of AAA (and give 10x more coffee)

Cloud bases is 1200m, murder for bombers.

Basically I agree, there are too many missions that cause players dispersion

From EC5 is easy, all missions should be only Russia+ China vs All, Germany should be divided between red and blue, (anyway pls delete the aberrant UK+FR vs GER + ITA at high tiers, everytime is a nuisance fly it ).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pony51 said:

Why I suggested double the number of AAA (and give 10x more coffee)

Cloud bases is 1200m, murder for bombers.

still won't fix issue of fighters being useless. you just make game worse for everyone.

Just fix magic gunners even if by simply removing manual control and buffing AI

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

Just fix magic gunners

Replace the mouse aim with actual gun sight, force FPV as it should be mandatory in any game mode called sim. Current SB is like a Frankenstein made from parts of different mods. Fix the gunners too, since they take 30mm to the face, pass out and come back in few seconds with same fire power and accuracy. Also aircraft with gunner positions have unlimited ammo which has no effect on aircraft performance. Typical B-17 carried 1.3 tons of gunner ammo irl which has no eff....what am I saying we still don't have fuel slider which makes some magnificent aircraft fly like how oprah would fly (Mosquito)

So "too many EC missions" ?

There is no too many EC missions, there are a lot of players who are allowed to be lazy by the system. Come to SB aka
Farming-simulator-2020.jpg

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal