Air SB: Add EC-7 [9.7-10.3] BR bracket

HOPPING_PONY

EC-7 BR bracket for Air SB  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Do sim mode need EC-7 BR bracket with suggested settings?

it also need to come (can be added later) with bigger maps so that we at least have chance to retract landing gear before we reach enemy AF ;)

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 10/09/2020 at 12:03, Paul__C said:

Yes! They should also allow helicopters into EC6 and EC7.

I'm yes and no. Desperately need to prevent spawn camping, and the a2a missiles the helicopters use are significantly better than what must jets use. On top of that the Vikhr is the end all be all for helicopters, nobody else has anything that compares to it, other nations need an alternative otherwise it will end up like Heli EC and just a ka50/52 fuckfest.

But being able to use heli's in a sim gamemode where i'm not ruining peoples days and playing EC is something i want. EC needs an overhaul to support top tier jets right now let alone helis.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, _Scooter98_ said:

I'm yes and no. Desperately need to prevent spawn camping, and the a2a missiles the helicopters use are significantly better than what must jets use. On top of that the Vikhr is the end all be all for helicopters, nobody else has anything that compares to it, other nations need an alternative otherwise it will end up like Heli EC and just a ka50/52 fuckfest.

But being able to use heli's in a sim gamemode where i'm not ruining peoples days and playing EC is something i want. EC needs an overhaul to support top tier jets right now let alone helis.

Yeah I'm not sure exactly how the Vikhrs should fit into any mode to be honest, but EC6 with rank 5 and some rank 6 helicopters would be really amazing!

I play a lot of top tier SIM GF to grind out helis and although Vikhrs are incredibly potent they are slightly more balanced in sim because of the lack of radar/thermals on the ka-50 ofr situational awareness. 

As long as I'm sneaky in my Lynx or Apache and I can get around the sides then I can usually kill the Ka-50/52s without much trouble. With a bit of patience its not that hard to kill them in jets either as long as you don't approach them from the front and don't give them good opportunities to launch at you. 

I think they would be more balanced in a Sim EC7 mode than anywhere else in the game for sure.

On your A2A missiles point, which missiles that Helis use are better than jets? I only have top British Helis but the ones they get sure aren't!

Stingers have all aspect lock sure but they really suck at tracking and don't have proxy fuse.

Starstreaks are fast af but Gaijins netcode struggles to keep up with their speed so they often just fly right through your target.

They are both pretty good at taking out stationary/slow moving helicopters but neither work well against air targets unless your target decides to fly nice and slow and level and not manouver in the slightest :p 

Edited by Paul__C
medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/01/2020 at 20:22, Functor said:

This is good enough, I vouched my support before on Air SB forum.

Maybe you wish to address the current situation with the multiple 10.3's (Add Mig21F13 to the mention for example).

If the plan is to stockpile 10.3 with multiple planes (even the Brits can have 3 Phantoms alone, not to mention EEL) at the very least one needs to remove the timers. Or make a pure 10.3 mode. We had a few fights in Operation mode between FGRs and Migs today, was fun. And the incentive to grind to the top remains.

Or please, just give us BR decompression already.  There isn't a reason to not have it anymore really, I just want every vehicle to be relevant.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 09/09/2020 at 21:03, Paul__C said:

Yes! They should also allow helicopters into EC6 and EC7.

As top jets are Vietnam era, even just the earlier helicopters (Mi-4AV, Mi-24A, Mi-24D, other nation equivalents to them) would be fine, even the AI spawn helicopters yet players can't.  But I would actually probably play helicopters then, I bought the Mi-24D and I regret it, it was absolutely disappointing what they did imo with helicopters.  I actually even got it thinking they would be like glorified attackers or something - I was looking forward to taking them into Air SB EC... :(

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I also support the suggestion of adding an EC7. There are two main reasons why:

1) As mentioned before, game balance. While it is true that subsonics "can" fight supersonics, this nonetheless changes that many vehicles played in EC6 are grossly outmatched (speed, lack of radar, lack of AAMs), especially some of the vehicles with no SP cost and countdown timers. I personally don't have a problem with flying an aircraft that is outmatched, but I understand why many players find it frustrating. Furthermore, I think this actually turns many people away from nations that have no "top dog" aircraft.

2) The second reason is that frankly, sometimes I just want to play a top tier aircraft. But I'm FORCED to play something else first/mainly. I would actually really enjoy being able to just jump into a match and have fights between only top tier aircraft. In EC6 this isn't possible. First you have to earn the SP, then you get to finally play your top tier, and then you have to hope that the enemy team also has a top tier aircraft for you to fight.

The worst thing is when you do get the SP for a top tier, spawn, and then get camped/bombed on the airfield (this has happened to me several times now). Your top tier aircraft gets destroyed and now you are stuck waiting for a countdown. This really sucks if you just want to play your top tier aircraft against other top tier aircraft.

So yeah, imo right now the huge BR spread in EC6 is frustrating both for those who want to or have to play at the bottom of that BR spread, and for those who want to play at the top. I think it's time to change that.

As for Helo's: I don't mind if they add Helo's to a potential EC7. Alternatively I would appreciate a dedicated SB gamemode for Helo's. Atm imo there is no good helo mode. In a potential EC7 I think they could be competitive without being overpowering.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
  • Technical Moderator

Solution for this may be imminent. 

Everyone move here!

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the 7th EC bracket has been added er per Server update 14.01.2021,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. :salute:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1