Mig21 SMT - where are our camouflages?!?

Ein79

Yeah I brought this up once, was told the same lame excuse for them not bothering. "Comrade most MiG-21's were unpainted xaxaxa" which is factually incorrect, not that it matters to them. The F-104's got the same treatment. Copy and pasted into five tech trees, all using the same bare metal skin with just the roundels swapped out, you couldn't make it any more low effort. I'd buy skins in a heart beat for several of these aircraft. The Luftwaffe Norm '83 scheme for one looks stunning and there are many colourful variants for the F-104J.

Sadly, they don't seem to care enough to put the effort into it. They'd rather the community make them for them, then sell them again for a profit on the market.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/06/2020 at 19:37, Drunken_Jedi said:

Yeah I brought this up once, was told the same lame excuse for them not bothering. "Comrade most MiG-21's were unpainted xaxaxa" which is factually incorrect, not that it matters to them. The F-104's got the same treatment. Copy and pasted into five tech trees, all using the same bare metal skin with just the roundels swapped out, you couldn't make it any more low effort. I'd buy skins in a heart beat for several of these aircraft. The Luftwaffe Norm '83 scheme for one looks stunning and there are many colourful variants for the F-104J.

Sadly, they don't seem to care enough to put the effort into it. They'd rather the community make them for them, then sell them again for a profit on the market.

This very sad of Gaijin. Their lack of proper camouflages implementation sucks honestly. I really loved it when it came out how many decals, skins were in the game. Recently all is just meh. Mig 21 had lot of camouflages. I hate the live.warthunder skins to be honest. I want something to see for others too.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 29/06/2020 at 14:37, Drunken_Jedi said:

Yep 

agree 100%

The fact that the taiwanese f-104g has this ugly bare steel finish with the white whings despite using a rather "late" loadout including aim-9js.. bruh

It should look like this instead 

Spoiler

06bc75a97a5c39a8567b575df011a057.thumb.j

medal medal medal

@Skydread did it (big thx!) ---> https://live.warthunder.com/post/918818/en/

A historical MiG-21SMT "Yellow 09" Four Tones camouflage of the Soviet Air Forces used by the 582nd IAP (Fighter Air Regiment) based at the Chojna Airfield, Poland in the late 1980's. Marketplace ready skin.

PLS support both his work: https://live.warthunder.com/post/918818/en/ and mine suggestion by upvoting: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/472859-mig-21smts-russian-historical-camouflage/

PmyR9gJ.png

medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 29/06/2020 at 12:37, Drunken_Jedi said:

Bingo.

Luckily, we're blessed with an extremely talented pool of skinners over on Live.WT, so downloading some amazing high-quality & historical skins is usually possible within a few months of an aircraft's release - just like Skydread's awesome MiG-21SMT skin above.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 19/12/2019 at 17:08, Smin1080p said:

As with all things, camouflages can and will be expanded over time. 

No doubt War Thunder Live will also explore many unique variants too. 

Again the devs are only thinking about PC players. What about all the PS4 and Xbox players? War thunder live doesn’t help us at all.  Meanwhile I’ve spent upwards of $250 on keys and crates trying to get skins. 

I currently have over a page of tank skins in my inventory that I haven’t accepted because who cares about tank camos? And I haven’t traded them for other camos because it’s basically the same as lighting money on fire.

I traded 6 tank camos in to get a re-roll once and got one of the tank camos I traded in again.  

I hate to compare this game to fortenite, but they figured it out. 

Maybe war thunder could do like limited skins in the war bond shop. Or something similar to the monthly decals, it would still cost GE, but you could get a camo for the vehicle you specifically want one for, not a random chance. 

medal medal medal

12 hours ago, colonel_McNasty_@psn said:

Again the devs are only thinking about PC players. What about all the PS4 and Xbox players? War thunder live doesn’t help us at all.  Meanwhile I’ve spent upwards of $250 on keys and crates trying to get skins. 

I currently have over a page of tank skins in my inventory that I haven’t accepted because who cares about tank camos? And I haven’t traded them for other camos because it’s basically the same as lighting money on fire.

I traded 6 tank camos in to get a re-roll once and got one of the tank camos I traded in again.  

I hate to compare this game to fortenite, but they figured it out. 

Maybe war thunder could do like limited skins in the war bond shop. Or something similar to the monthly decals, it would still cost GE, but you could get a camo for the vehicle you specifically want one for, not a random chance. 

Its pretty frustrating how crippled console originated accounts are. Still no mig21 official camos to directly buy with ge, just a lootbox system with a 1 and 30+ chance of possibly getting a skin which is just ridiculous. The mig21 has a huge presence in the game so it is only fitting they receive some skins, not to mention the seemingly incorrect cockpit for the mig21mf and smt.

4 hours ago, Nuckerball@psn said:

Its pretty frustrating how crippled console originated accounts are. Still no mig21 official camos to directly buy with ge, just a lootbox system with a 1 and 30+ chance of possibly getting a skin which is just ridiculous. The mig21 has a huge presence in the game so it is only fitting they receive some skins, not to mention the seemingly incorrect cockpit for the mig21mf and smt.

Add to it these skins for Mig-21SMT which are currently available in lootbox system are marked as "fictional" and by default invisible for other players (only those who chose in settings to see "any content" see these skins). 

So there are still no historical camouflages for the Mig-21SMT and MF in the game regardless the platform.

• 2 months later...

Another historical one ready for marketplace - pls upvote!

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/472859-mig-21smts-russian-historical-camouflage/&tab=comments#comment-8696332

MiG 21SMT
66th Fighter-Bomber Aviation Regiment. airfield Veshchevo 1978-1979 --> http://www.easternorbat.com/html/66th_apib_in_color_eng.html

by @Yes_maN: https://live.warthunder.com/post/936483/en/  

JCbK27A.jpg

Edited by Einherjer1979
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/07/2020 at 12:21, Einherjer1979 said:

@Skydread did it (big thx!) ---> https://live.warthunder.com/post/918818/en/

A historical MiG-21SMT "Yellow 09" Four Tones camouflage of the Soviet Air Forces used by the 582nd IAP (Fighter Air Regiment) based at the Chojna Airfield, Poland in the late 1980's. Marketplace ready skin.

PLS support both his work:  https://live.warthunder.com/post/918818/en/ and mine suggestion by upvoting: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/472859-mig-21smts-russian-historical-camouflage/

PmyR9gJ.png

Already in New Power trophy / on market! Congratulations and thx again @Skydread, also thx to @Smin1080p@Stona and rest of the Team for adding it into the trophy chest.

• Like 1

• Ein79 changed the title to Mig21 SMT - where are our camouflages?!?