FV4201 'Chieftain' Mark 11 modification for Chieftain Mark 10 (Chieftain Mark 10 with Thermal Sights)

Chieftain Mark 11 modification for the Chieftain Mark 10  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • Don't care
  2. 2. How useful do you think this would be?

• I think it's a necessity.
    • I think this is useful.
    • No opinion.
    • I think this is not useful.
    • This is completely unneeded.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i don't get it why mk 5 got 8.7 br while the performance is exactly like mk 3 but a little bit faster , also i think mk 10 should be removed? cause like its doesn't have thermals while all other factions (except for russians ) have thermals in br 9.0 and it can't go to br 8,7 cause of the turret armour / penetration and the laser range finder so replacing it with mk11 would be a better idea.

medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

I think normal L23 is Gaijins way of nerfing British ammo to have more linear progression in the same way other countries get pushed with stock HEAT around this BR. Definitively the British were well aware of how APFSDS worked and L64 and L23 were iirc specifically mentioned to be second generation while describing M735 as 1st generation APFSDS. As it stands right now for NATO stuff it's only L23 and M735 that have the shoddier penetration slope modifiers.  

And Chieftain Mk 10 apart from being in a weird place where it gets older slower reloads (same issue with most 9.3 and lower tanks like XM-1 loading slower than M1) it also gets this hypothetical APFSDS made to have performance more in line with other APFSDS at the BR. Unlike most other tanks at the BR though it's slow as hell and has no thermals. 

medal medal

On 02/09/2021 at 04:04, TwitchyTrooper said:

I think normal L23 is Gaijins way of nerfing British ammo to have more linear progression in the same way other countries get pushed with stock HEAT around this BR

Actually, scratch what I said before. Challenger mk3 and Vickers Mk7's default ammo is L23A1 now. Nothing stopping the Chieftain mk10 getting L23A1 as a mod instead of L23.

medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Technical Moderator

Considering that we already have 3 chieftains i think the mk11 should be a mod for the existing mk10.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

+1 from me but as a separate vehicle not a modification. Simple reason being more tanks for Brits at 9.0. It would give you at least two Stillbrew Chieftains at similar BR with APFSDS-T, NVG and Laser rangefinder. Also APDS nonsense should go away as well, if I recall corectly from Mk5/1 onwards chieftains couldn't even carry APDS due to modified ammo racks or something like that and should only be fitted with APFSDS-T, but don't quote me on that. Plus gameplaywise the only thing this tank has going for it is it's gun, stock ammo grind just makes it too miserable.

O the side note i still can't get over the fact that whenever German or Russian tank is slightly underperforming it's BR is getting immediately adjusted even if it's purely the players fault, like german M48 at 6.7. But Chieftains has been getting short end of the stick for years now and mostly due to mixed matchmaking, map design and other factors unrelated to player performance. By all accounts even Mk10/11 shouldn't be higher than 8.0 in current meta. I do belive this is a solid 9.0 tank and could do quite well in defensive role against T-72As and T-64As but the moment you take it away from that scenario and put it against faster, more agile, lighter western MBTs with comparable firepower and optics like Leo1A5s or Type-74Gs it gets dominated into oblivion. I bet it would do well against AMX-30B2 and M60A3TTS well too as it has some advantages against them too.

Edited by Wilhuff_Tarkin_
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

+1. Though rather than a vehicle modification, make it a a Premium vehicle to replace the Shoot Kill Delete we lost with the addition of Israel. That way, we get a top tier prem tank that's on par with the XM-1s, Leo A1A1 L/44s and TURMS currently in the game.

medal medal medal medal medal

This should definitely be added, but I personally feel it should be a separate vehicle, foldered with the Chieftain Mk.10 perhaps. To add on to the post, some extra pictures will be below.

Spoiler

118949447_3262560477160740_8036389067486

Albums&File=IMG-7388_Chieftain_Aldershot

TOGS system, noted by the almost rectangle shape, as opposed to the circle.

hCFhxwEkPJI.jpg

Side view of TOGS.

Chieftain_Main_Battle_Tank_(4536179105).

a78a5f03ad3665abe55b3cae5e867d3f.jpg

Chieftain_MkII_of_the_Royal_Scots_Dragoo

Chieftain_MkII_of_the_Royal_Scots_Dragoo

3cf0d2cc21e834c4813e1fd7750ae8ee.jpg

7517094410_8db5b0b233_b.jpg

Edited by OddPhenomena
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

• Thanks 2