ASEAN in War Thunder  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see ASEAN tech tree in War Thunder?

• Yes!
    • Yes, but I see it another way.
    • These ASEAN tanks should be given to existing trees.
    • No!

There are some more Philippine vehicles that can be added to the tech tree

M18 Hellcat, because there are not enough Hellcats in-game
hellcat.thumb.jpg.5718c20b342e8fb128e13e

M7 Priest, has the same gun as the M4A3(105) and can be a low-mid tier Tank Destroyer
priestpma.thumb.jpg.006fb388abed9d560133

LAV-300, a wheeled Tank Destroyer with a 90mm, can be placed in the mid-high tiers
e37479b3f83759385b34a479b42d89d6.thumb.j

• Upvote 1
medal medal

• 1 month later...

As an Indonesian, i am very fond of this idea. Just some corrections, i think the Harimau should be on the light line, just before VT4, since it doesn't offer much armor and shouldn't be used on the frontline. On the other hands, T84 should replace Harimau in the MBT line, because it is an MBT based on T80UD. The MBT line i think should be divided also, one line represents ths western ones, and others the eastern ones. The top end of the western ones should start with Indonesian Leo 2A4, and then ends with either 2RI or 2SG. You also forgot singaporean Shot Centurions, which will enrich the 8.0+ BR. The top end of the eastern ones starts with PT91M, and then T90S, and ends with Oplot M, since it is the most modern, the most protected.

In order for this tech tree to gain attention, you need an airforce tech tree, and a naval one. I will help you with the airforce, soon i'll be helping with the navy. It wont be complete, but i hope it would be helpful 

Rank 1

• Fighters

1. Tachikawa Ki 9(ID)

2. NID 29 (TH)

3. Prarajadiphok (TH)

• Ground attack

1. Boripatra(TH)

Rank 2

• Fighters

Various Kawasakis and Nakajimas used by Indonesia

• Bombers

various, like Kawasaki Ki 49 ''Diponegoro II'' (ID)

• Ground attack

Various, like B5Ns 

Rank 3

• Fighters

Various kinds of Mustangs and Spitfires

• Bombers

B25s, mainly used by Indonesia

• Ground attack

Various, just look what the US, UK, and Japan offer, ussually some were used too..

Rank 4

You can fill it, dont need my help

Rank 5

various early jets, mostly MiGs by Vietnam and Indonesia, also IL 28 bombers and TU 16 bombers of Indonesia

Rank 6

Various, practically almost all country has one to give.

Come on guys, help us fill the list, this tree would be a very nice addition indeed.

Tachikawa KI 9.JPG

RTAF Boripatra.jpg

RTAF NID 19.jpg

NID 29 RTAF.jpg

TU 16 AURI.png

• Upvote 5
medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2021 at 08:39, Lamunpalastro said:

As an Indonesian, i am very fond of this idea. Just some corrections, i think the Harimau should be on the light line, just before VT4, since it doesn't offer much armor and shouldn't be used on the frontline. On the other hands, T84 should replace Harimau in the MBT line, because it is an MBT based on T80UD. The MBT line i think should be divided also, one line represents ths western ones, and others the eastern ones. The top end of the western ones should start with Indonesian Leo 2A4, and then ends with either 2RI or 2SG. You also forgot singaporean Shot Centurions, which will enrich the 8.0+ BR. The top end of the eastern ones starts with PT91M, and then T90S, and ends with Oplot M, since it is the most modern, the most protected.

In order for this tech tree to gain attention, you need an airforce tech tree, and a naval one. I will help you with the airforce, soon i'll be helping with the navy. It wont be complete, but i hope it would be helpful 

Rank 1

• Fighters

1. Tachikawa Ki 9(ID)

2. NID 29 (TH)

3. Prarajadiphok (TH)

• Ground attack

1. Boripatra(TH)

Rank 2

• Fighters

Various Kawasakis and Nakajimas used by Indonesia

• Bombers

various, like Kawasaki Ki 49 ''Diponegoro II'' (ID)

• Ground attack

Various, like B5Ns 

Rank 3

• Fighters

Various kinds of Mustangs and Spitfires

• Bombers

B25s, mainly used by Indonesia

• Ground attack

Various, just look what the US, UK, and Japan offer, ussually some were used too..

Rank 4

You can fill it, dont need my help

Rank 5

various early jets, mostly MiGs by Vietnam and Indonesia, also IL 28 bombers and TU 16 bombers of Indonesia

Rank 6

Various, practically almost all country has one to give.

Come on guys, help us fill the list, this tree would be a very nice addition indeed.

Tachikawa KI 9.JPG

RTAF Boripatra.jpg

RTAF NID 19.jpg

NID 29 RTAF.jpg

TU 16 AURI.png

Those would all be very nice vehicles.

medal medal

• 2 months later...

I support this idea, but what if we make ASEAN TT start from Rank IV onwards, and avoid the copy pasta at earlier BRs or post-war vehicles in ww2 era BR range? 

And to unlock ASEAN TT, you must first research/unlock Rank V from 3 of these nations, US UK USSR GER and FR.

medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

Well, even being a south east Asian myself, I'm not fond of an idea of a mixed bag of nations which mostly uses a vehicle from other nations. Sure, there are some unique vehicle like the Thai Stingray and Vietnamese AA, but that's it.

The ground forces is mostly filled with copy-paste vehicle, the air forces is lackluster (especially with the lack of bombers and proper CAS in early ranks), the naval tree is (surprisingly) the most promising ones since there are a lot of indiginous and modified naval vessel for both coastal and bluewater fleets.

If it's added in current state, it gonna be the in-game Chinese tech tree, but worse.

• 3 weeks later...

ASEAN+3 rather than just ASEAN would be nice from my point of view, although I doubt Japan or China mains would want their tree being put into a larger tree, not to mention political issues between Japan and most of East Asia. It'd probably also have way too many of each vehicle type in the modern era, it'd have a massive spike in vehicles once it reached modern era, even if it was only indigenous vehicles. Also it still wouldn't solve the problem of pre-modern vehicles, because Japan would probably be the only producer of WW2-era tanks in the tree, and their WW2 section is pretty barebones.

That's the main problem with any East Asian tech tree, at least from my point of view, is that they didn't develop many tanks because much of East Asia was invaded and occupied by Japan, and Japan didn't develop that many tanks either (at least not as many as the major western Allies and Axis), because of industrial capacity, logistics, theatre, doctrine, etc.

Edited by Epsilon160

I'd love to see an ASEAN aviation tech tree. I know this would be largely copy paste aircraft but all the minor trees have this so why not?

Indonesia alone could cover half the Russian tree with Operation Trikora alone! Could also put in Dutch aircraft in there during the WW2 era. Think Brewsters, H75's, Martin's, B25's.

Edited by Kaasjager010

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You could placed the T55M as the first upgrade, then the T55M3 as the second upgrade for the Vietnamese T55, as the T55M is a T55 with ERA that only capable of defeating Matyultka ATGM, having thermal sleeves, two plane stabilizer, a lazer rangefinder and warning receiver, thermal sights (for gunner, don't know about driver) the commander can see through the gunner sight, and fire the maingun. It main gun is a D-10T, only capable of firing old shells in Vietnam stock. T55M3 is the upgrade by Israel for Vietnam. It have all the same features, except addition of a smoke grenade launcher, and boasting an Israeli copy of L7 105mm main gun, fire more capable rounds, an ERA thats more capable than the Vietnamese one and a upgrade engine, 1000 hp at 2700 rpm compare to the old 800 hp at 2700 rpm

• Upvote 1
medal

• 2 weeks later...

I also suggest to add in ARVN M48A3 Patton to fill in the BR 7.3 and ARVN V-100 Commando with 12.7mm for the BR range at 1.0 or 1.3.

i would also recommended the ARVN M41 Bulldog to be add in as well.

Here is some pictures of them. 

I manage to find a picture of M41 Walker Bulldog with add on sandbags as well, could be used as add-on armour modification

9 (2).jpg

pattonvietnam-86.jpg

9bc7ff7f5743768c4740c6c002bfca66.jpg

a1d93dc024557ebdf4e72ff9425333fa.jpg

m41-51.jpg

Edited by Qui20005
  • Upvote 2
medal

I also found out that Vietnam do have recoilless rifle attached on their M113s as well. A ARVN one with a M18 or M40 recoilless rifle, a Browning M2 and a Browning M1919 and a Vietnam one with SPG-9 and DSHK 

Here is the pictures of the ARVN one and the Vietnam one

5c3167b49bf8dca09212528cc13684b8.jpg

vietnamese_m113_in_the_army_museum_in_saigon_2012-01.jpg

EPtblcGU0AAUAyN.jpg

• Upvote 2
medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here are more MBTs from the RTA.

Well, there are two topics that included the same nation lol.... 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

I used to be unsure about this idea but now I'm convinced that this would work as a new tree in the game.  +1.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

+1

Would love it very much, I hope it'll get added. 

Would main the ASEAN tree forever.

Also Leopard 2SG and Leopard 2RI are somewhat similar so either one should be a premium. Gonna believe gaijin would add the SG as premium since its appearance will definitely attracts wallet warriors. I'm guilty of that. 

Edited by literate_rifle8
medal

I recently did a suggestion for the MMT-40 light tank from Myanmar. I see it is in the tree already but without its proper name, and now it can be voted on!

• Upvote 1
medal medal

• 3 months later...