Unlinking PSN-bound account

Best answer

There’s no ETA. Follow this topic to know when the transfer will become available again. 

Glad to hear this, however I have a question for us skinners

Since gaining my first skins on the WT Marketplace, I have earned GJN coins from those that are currently on this account when I login to the Gaijin Store, which I can use on Enlisted etc. but not WT

If I created a new PC account for War Thunder, would my GJN coins be transferred from this PSN account to the new PC account, or would I lose them? If I unbind my account I can no longer sign in on PC meaning I couldn't access the Gaijin Store to check my GJN Coin balance/earnings from the skins, which is something I want to retain the ability to do.

If possible, would I be able to:

-Make a new PC account, carrying over premium account time/vehicles etc.

-Unbind my PSN account from my email

-Still be able to login on the Gaijin Store with my PSN account to check GJN coin balance

-Eventually withdraw any GJN coin on the PSN account I have earned from my marketplace skins

The most ideal option would be for any GJN earned from those market skins to be completely transferred to my new PC account, so once I unbind the PSN account the GJN balance on that account is 0, but all the GJN I already earned is transferred to the new PC account, as well as any new GJN that is being earned from the skins.

Thank you for providing this option for us, I just wanted to make sure I'm not losing this valuable part of my account :)

Edit: What happens to WT Live pages? I have quite a built up account/page on there and would like to be able to transfer everything if possible, or just reassign the current page I have to the new account (if the old PSN account would no longer have access to WT Live)

Edited by s66owls@psn
Muh WT Live page ;-;
medal

7 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

As you know, it is possible to create War Thunder account in the PlayStation 4/5 version of the game and link it to email in order to login with it on official forums or PC-version of the game. 

We are now offering opportunity to unlink your PSN-bound account. As a result of this procedure, you will have 2 separate accounts - original one that you can still use from the console (but can't use in PC version anymore), and another fully fledged PC-account with no restrictions for using Gaijin Store etc. In-game progress will be saved at the moment of unlinking and after that will be no longer be shared and will become independent on each platform.

Prerequisites

1. For technical reasons, at this stage we do not offer the unlinking for accounts that also played and have purchases for PC versions of our games (Crossout, CRSED, Enlisted, Star Conflict). If you are willing to sacrifice your progress in those titles, inform support about this in your request. 
  2. The email your PSN-account is bound to has to be verified (you can check this in your profile at https://store.gaijin.net/user.php), otherwise you won't be able to reset your password and enable 2-step authorization once the unlinking is complete.

Keep in mind:

1. Only purchases made for GE in-game while in console version (including premium account time) will remain on PC account. Golden Eagles balance of the PC account will be set to 0. So it is advised that you spent any Golden Eagles left on the original PSN-account before initiating the unlinking, although it's up to you.
  2. Silver Lions balance is preserved.
  3. Any premium account time included into vehicle packs from the PlayStation Store will not be transferred, only the vehicles themselves (except for PS Store exclusive A-26 Invader). 
  4. All "market" inventory items such as unused vehicle and skin coupons and trophies will remain on the original account. If you want to keep the content provided by those items on PC account, you have to consume them before unlinking. But boosters, wagers, orders, discount coupons etc will be transferred to a new account.
  5. Save your controls presets into a file while in PC version with your existing account, so you can import them later with a new one.
  6. All vehicle presets will not transfer to new account, you will have to recreate them.
  7. Friends list will be reset
  8. Squadron membership (if you had any) will remain on the original account. Squadron vehicles research will be saved on a new account except for the last 3 days. To continue research, you will have to join squadron again. 
  9. It's a one-time, one-way offer. It is not possible to link the accounts back again, or bind another email to your original PSN-account.

Once you spent all GE and inventory items (or are willing to proceed regardless), create a ticket titled "Unlinking PSN-bound account" at https://support.gaijin.net

Note! The process may take up to 48 hours and is provided only during business days. While the unlinking is undergoing, your account will be frozen to prevent login to the game and interfering with the process. You will be notified in the support ticket once all is done and you are able to request a password reset. 

So if I do this, I lose my A26?

16 minutes ago, s66owls@psn said:

Glad to hear this, however I have a question for us skinners

Since gaining my first skins on the WT Marketplace, I have earned GJN coins from those that are currently on this account when I login to the Gaijin Store, which I can use on Enlisted etc. but not WT

If I created a new PC account for War Thunder, would my GJN coins be transferred from this PSN account to the new PC account, or would I lose them? If I unbind my account I can no longer sign in on PC meaning I couldn't access the Gaijin Store to check my GJN Coin balance/earnings from the skins, which is something I want to retain the ability to do.

If possible, would I be able to:

-Make a new PC account, carrying over premium account time/vehicles etc.

-Unbind my PSN account from my email

-Still be able to login on the Gaijin Store with my PSN account to check GJN coin balance

-Eventually withdraw any GJN coin on the PSN account I have earned from my marketplace skins

The most ideal option would be for any GJN earned from those market skins to be completely transferred to my new PC account, so once I unbind the PSN account the GJN balance on that account is 0, but all the GJN I already earned is transferred to the new PC account, as well as any new GJN that is being earned from the skins.

Thank you for providing this option for us, I just wanted to make sure I'm not losing this valuable part of my account :)

Your case is a special one and needs individual discussion, since normal PSN-created accounts don't (and can't) have any GJN to begin with. I'm not ready to say anything right now.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, gromvoiny said:

Your case is a special one and needs individual discussion, since normal PSN-created accounts don't (and can't) have any GJN to begin with. I'm not ready to say anything right now.

No worries, thank you for getting back to me so quick. I am willing to give it some time for any issues to be ironed out to ensure a smooth transition, those market earnings and my WT Live profile are the things I am most proud of having on this account so I'd prefer not to have them lost in any way if I can help it.

I'll keep an eye out for any updates, like I said thank you once again for helping not only me but also other PSN users make the change.

medal

I would like to give a huge thanks to the team including you Grom for this opportunity. This is the exact solution I hoped for months ago ever since a few patches back. Glad to see it finally being possible. Put in my request a few minutes ago :). Maybe then I can finally be FREE, *insert GIF of npc cartwheeling into the sunset here*. :laugh:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Provided, I don't play the game on console, but I used to have a PS4 and I know the struggles that people were having when trying to switch over to PC. Thankfully they implemented this.

Screw Sony. They haven't made a true console since the PS3 in my opinion. Modern consoles suck.

-TheCarDemotic

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
medal

@gromvoiny just ended the process , received the password change email , did it , but when i logged in i lost pretty much everything , i was level 2 i had to do tutorials again , tech trees were unreserched , i closed and reopened but now says that the password is incorrect , what can i do?

Edited by andregiulio1996@psn
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Woow, what great news! Something I have asked for several times. Thanks so much.

However, I would like to ask some questions which have not been directly adressed in this thread:

- First of all I use the steam version of War Thunder on PC and my steam account uses the same e-mail as my PSN account. Will there be any complications due to that? So far this was no concern tome, is there a benefit or disatvantage using the steam version?

- Second: On my PSN account I gained acces to many event vehicles by playing events but also by purchasing loot boxes, amongst them I gained the KV-220, the ME 262 A2a and other rare diamonds (I consumed the coupons and used those vehicles). I guess those I played for such the Object 279 and the C2A1 will remain, but also the once I gained over loot boxes? The answer on this will basically decide wether I do the transfer or not, as you can imagine.

Third: And this is related to the second point, will the previously removed vehicles such as the Maus, the Panther 2, the Flakpanzer 341 etc. which I have acess to and are amongst my favourite vehicles in the  game remain on the account?

Last: Talismans I purchase will remain after transfer? I am currently thinking of spending my remaining GE on talismans but I also purchased many of them during the last 5 years of playing this game.

Thanks @gromvoiny for answering my questions and overall to making this finally possible.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Ok, so I just took screenshots of everything I could remember in my account, just in case something goes wrong and was about to start the process of unlinking my email, does anyone already have it working?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sardinha08@psn said:

Ok, so I just took screenshots of everything I could remember in my account, just in case something goes wrong and was about to start the process of unlinking my email, does anyone already have it working?

Good idea with the screenshots.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, andregiulio1996@psn said:

if u have a ps4 u have ur progress and proofs always with u , no point in taking screenshots,unless u have only pc

I rather be safe on this,m too big of an investment ;) 

1 minute ago, andregiulio1996@psn said:

just let the process end ...everything is fine and transferred , u really did an amazing job guys , many thanks to all the team ....:D super happy

Weren't you the one saying that everything was gone?? :D  I'm glad it work now, time to free myself too.

10 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

As you know, it is possible to create War Thunder account in the PlayStation 4/5 version of the game and link it to email in order to login with it on official forums or PC-version of the game. 

We are now offering opportunity to unlink your PSN-bound account. As a result of this procedure, you will have 2 separate accounts - original one that you can still use from the console (but can't use in PC version anymore), and another fully fledged PC-account with no restrictions for using Gaijin Store etc. In-game progress will be saved at the moment of unlinking and after that will be no longer be shared and will become independent on each platform.

Prerequisites

1. For technical reasons, at this stage we do not offer the unlinking for accounts that also played and have purchases for PC versions of our games (Crossout, CRSED, Enlisted, Star Conflict). If you are willing to sacrifice your progress in those titles, inform support about this in your request. 
  2. The email your PSN-account is bound to has to be verified (you can check this in your profile at https://store.gaijin.net/user.php), otherwise you won't be able to reset your password and enable 2-step authorization once the unlinking is complete.

Keep in mind:

1. Only purchases made for GE in-game while in console version (including premium account time) will remain on PC account. Golden Eagles balance of the PC account will be set to 0. So it is advised that you spent any Golden Eagles left on the original PSN-account before initiating the unlinking, although it's up to you.
  2. Silver Lions balance is preserved.
  3. Any premium account time included into vehicle packs from the PlayStation Store will not be transferred, only the vehicles themselves (except for PS Store exclusive A-26 Invader). 
  4. All "market" inventory items such as unused vehicle and skin coupons and trophies will remain on the original account. If you want to keep the content provided by those items on PC account, you have to consume them before unlinking. But boosters, wagers, orders, discount coupons etc will be transferred to a new account.
  5. Save your controls presets into a file while in PC version with your existing account, so you can import them later with a new one.
  6. All vehicle presets will not transfer to new account, you will have to recreate them.
  7. Friends list will be reset
  8. Squadron membership (if you had any) will remain on the original account. Squadron vehicles research will be saved on a new account except for the last 3 days. To continue research, you will have to join squadron again. 
  9. It's a one-time, one-way offer. It is not possible to link the accounts back again, or bind another email to your original PSN-account.

Once you spent all GE and inventory items (or are willing to proceed regardless), create a ticket titled "Unlinking PSN-bound account" at https://support.gaijin.net

Note! The process may take up to 48 hours and is provided only during business days. While the unlinking is undergoing, your account will be frozen to prevent login to the game and interfering with the process. You will be notified in the support ticket once all is done and you are able to request a password reset. 

When will doing this for xbox be possible?

medal