Schützenpanzer SPz 12-3 Lang (HS.30)

CaID

Would you like to see the SPz 12-3 been added to the game?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the SPz 12-3 Lang been added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes as premium or event vehicles
    • No

• Technical Moderator

As a 20 mm armed "Light Tank/Anti-Air" im against it. It would just be an unbalanceable Cold War nightmare fighting WWII vehicles in its standard state.

However i might have a solution to its armament problem. For several years now i have had an idea to allow IFVs to have mechanized infantry with anti tank weaponry shoot out the hatches on the roof. The Swedish strf 9040s have internal mounts for a couple AT4's and a Carl G recoilles rifle for its mechanized infantry. Not sure if firing such weaponry from open hatches is common or even allowed but most rules dissappears in wartime.

Did the Germans have any standardized anti tank launcher for its mechanized infantry serving with the Spz lang? Like the Panzerfaust 44?

Edited by blockhaj
sp
  • Confused 2

• Suggestion Moderator
19 minutes ago, blockhaj said:

As a 20 mm armed "Light Tank/Anti-Air" im against it. It would just be an unbalanceable Cold War nightmare fighting WWII vehicles in its standard state.

However i might have a solution to its armament problem. For several years now i have had an idea to allow IFVs to have mechanized infantry with anti tank weaponry shoot out the hatches on the roof. The Swedish strf 9040s have internal mounts for a couple AT4's and a Carl G recoilles rifle internally for its mechanized infantry. Not sure if firing such weaponry from open hatches is common or even allowed but most rules dissappears in wartime.

Did the Germans have any standardized anti tank launcher for its mechanized infantry serving with the Spz lang? Like the Panzerfaust 44?

I like that idea. I can ignore the lack of historical use, if it would be easily possible to fire such weapons from the vehicle.

It reminds me of the Fennek MRAT Armored Car. It's the anti tank missile version, but does not actually carry the missile on the vehicle. Instead the Fennek is more the transport platform with targeting equipment, and the missile would be fired with the use of it's own mount.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, blockhaj said:

However i might have a solution to its armament problem. For several years now i have had an idea to allow IFVs to have mechanized infantry with anti tank weaponry shoot out the hatches on the roof. The Swedish strf 9040s have internal mounts for a couple AT4's and a Carl G recoilles rifle for its mechanized infantry. Not sure if firing such weaponry from open hatches is common or even allowed but most rules dissappears in wartime.

all the German Infantry was using the Spz 12-3 at a time or another.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator
On 16/01/2022 at 05:45, CaID said:

all the German Infantry was using the Spz 12-3 at a time or another.

I doubt that and it doesnt really respond to my question

6 hours ago, blockhaj said:

I doubt that and it doesnt really respond to my question

the german infantry did used the Carl Gustav M2. i believe you know this gun well, it was Swedish of origin.
84mm HEAT with 400mm rounds is rather deadly against mid-tier tanks. and still effective against MBTs

there is also the PzF 44, who is a sort of West-German RPG-7
370mm of penetration with HEAT rounds is very acceptable.

• Technical Moderator
3 minutes ago, CaID said:

the german infantry did used the Carl Gustav M2. i believe you know this gun well, it was Swedish of origin.
84mm HEAT with 400mm rounds is rather deadly against mid-tier tanks. and still effective against MBTs

there is also the PzF 44, who is a sort of West-German RPG-7
370mm of penetration with HEAT rounds is very acceptable.

Yes, but did any of them come standard with the HS30?

28 minutes ago, blockhaj said:

Yes, but did any of them come standard with the HS30?

that is something i do not know. i do not think they have proper standard. as the HS30 was used for the Infantry transport, i am not sure if there was any specific standard and i believe about all branch of the infantry was armed with some of the anti-tank weapon at platoon and squad level

at least if their organization was anything like the Canadian one.

in Canada we have 2 M72 LAW by squad (6 men) and 2 M2 carl Gustav by platoon (30 men)

and that was a standard reference as we often carry more M72 than needed

Edited by CaID

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 31/01/2022 at 23:46, Kingtiez@live said:

+1 I’ve never seen this before I saw this.

Lol cuz the germans were hoping everyone would forget

• Haha 1
medal medal medal