Leopard 2 MBT "Technologieträger": The Advanced Protected Leopard (Archived)

WreckingAres283

MBT Advanced Technology Demonstrator  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see the MBT "Technologieträger" in WT, at some point in the Future ?

• Yes
    • No, explain why

On 20/05/2022 at 15:42, Woolfi23456789@psn said:

I did a bit of research on the APS and it can stop rounds that go 1700m/s+ so nothing can go through it even at point blank range as far as I know. This sounds op but due to the layout it is easy to overcome by breaking the sensors (unlike the version on the Marder were the sensors overlap).

The sensors on the ATD also overlap when you take a look into the photo gallery, everything except the back is protected

On 20/05/2022 at 15:42, Woolfi23456789@psn said:

The tank also has a laser warning receiver( I don’t know if you have mentioned that). 

Yea forgot to mention the LWRs, thx   (Edited)

Edited by WreckingAres283
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, Woolfi23456789@psn said:

I found out during the research for the Marder 1A3 with AMAP-ADS that the system also tries to soft- kill missiles. 

Maybe there are small "jammers" built in to it, like the MUSS and T-90As CM, in some way ?  I don´t think I have seen them on it in some way.

4 minutes ago, Dontkev@psn said:

+1 looks great, sounds funny and interesting

Being immune to any incomming threat, 4 times on each the left n right side of the turret and even against top attacks, yep that will be fun :lol2:

27 minutes ago, WreckingAres283 said:

Maybe there are small "jammers" built in to it, like the MUSS and T-90As CM, in some way ?  I don´t think I have seen them on it in some way.

Being immune to any incomming threat, 4 times on each the left n right side of the turret and even against top attacks, yep that will be fun :lol2:

They seem to be in the optical sensors behind one of the two windows. the radar can probably also jam radio waves. 

medal

1 hour ago, Woolfi23456789@psn said:

the radar can probably also jam radio waves.

What Radar ? ADS is radar free, it works with passive sensors and tactical laser-radars (what makes it so good, not being stuck on radar waves)

1 hour ago, Woolfi23456789@psn said:

They seem to be in the optical sensors behind one of the two windows.

Yea, maybe, were did you got the info ? We can ignore it if its a private website or something, cuz I took Rheinmetalls website(s) as major source

41 minutes ago, WreckingAres283 said:

What Radar ? ADS is radar free, it works with passive sensors and tactical laser-radars (what makes it so good, not being stuck on radar waves)

Yea, maybe, were did you got the info ? We can ignore it if its a private website or something, cuz I took Rheinmetalls website(s) as major source

I think you misunderstood something. There is still a radar on the system it just way smaller because it doesn't need to warn the optical sensors that early because they basicly work at the speed of light. The radar on the MBT "Technologieträger" sits in-between the optical sensors on the side.2088415681_ADSfunctionalty.png.3a3fda764 ADS functional principle – ADS.pdf

You can also take the links I did on the APS on my Marder post. I also went into the pros and cons of the system if you are interested to add it to yours. 

medal

15 minutes ago, Woolfi23456789@psn said:

You can also take the links I did on the APS on my Marder post.

If its a suggestion, its not approved yet, so I can´t see it, only you and mods can   Its open, saw it

15 minutes ago, Woolfi23456789@psn said:

I think you misunderstood something. There is still a radar on the system it just way smaller because it doesn't need to warn the optical sensors that early because they basicly work at the speed of light. The radar on the MBT "Technologieträger" sits in-between the optical sensors on the side. -snip-  ADS functional principle – ADS.pdf

Oh that thing, yea lol, must have overread this - I checked it again, ATD has 3 of them (left, right and one on the front, next to the LWRs right side) :018: (Edited)

5 minutes ago, WreckingAres283 said:

If its a suggestion, its not approved yet, so I can´t see it, only you and mods can

Oh that thing, yea lol, must have overread this - I checked it again, ATD has 3 of them (left, right and one on the front, next to the LWRs right side) :018:

You can now it is approved!!:DD

medal

2 hours ago, Woolfi23456789@psn said:

They seem to be in the optical sensors behind one of the two windows

Yea it must be one of them, as you can see here, the windows of each Sensormodule have different sizes, but I can´t remember seeing an explanation of each part of them, do you ?

Spoiler

2-formatOriginal.jpg

1 hour ago, WreckingAres283 said:

Yea it must be one of them, as you can see here, the windows of each Sensormodule have different sizes, but I can´t remember seeing an explanation of each part of them, do you ?

Reveal hidden contents

Sadly they don't tell a lot about the different components in the system. The sources that I listed under my suggestion are basically the only ones I can find. But If I should take a guess is the big window for the jammer and the smaller one for the laser. 

medal

its a really funny tank its just a demonstration of technology equipped into an leopard 2A4 since it isnt really heavy they could equip it with this technology tho by what i have seen the tank has aswell internal armor uprades not only external tho it would be kinda funny seeing everyone suffer to penetrate this since it has composite skirts that are really effective on the sides of the tank making it harder to destroy even from the side plus if it gets a 130 mm cannon it would be a pain and making it one of the only mbt's that could be effectively angled, the optics uprades aswell give an insane ammount of visual quality and zoom and 3 generation thermal sights the APS armor effectivity and all on would probably make the tank an absolute pain in game specially with the roof turret ifv's could have a major problem specially russian ifv's 

medal

7 hours ago, Godvana said:

I must have it, though it would probably need to be a higher BR than 11.0 since it's more advanced than anything currently in game.

Same :lol2:  With the L/51 it should even be able to compete with tanks like T-14 :yes_yes_yes: 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, GunBreakSim said:

I would like to see something new in the German branch. For decades there is nothing new or interesting.

I don´t have my top tier Leo´s yet, but I agree:kappasnail:

On 21/08/2022 at 19:30, WreckingAres283 said:

I don´t have my top tier Leo´s yet, but I agree:kappasnail:

Leopards are all the same; there is no big difference between them. and above leo2a6, there is nothing that encourages grinding.

• Confused 2
medal

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, vitamincalcium said:

That thing looks kinda lame, but I think it's on par with the Swedish leopards.

Lame? Have to disagree there friend, its got one of the most advanced APS on the planet combined with advanced passive add-on armor and a great gun/FCS

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal

On 22/05/2022 at 01:14, Woolfi23456789@psn said:

Sadly they don't tell a lot about the different components in the system. The sources that I listed under my suggestion are basically the only ones I can find. But If I should take a guess is the big window for the jammer and the smaller one for the laser. 

Looking at how large the jammer on Puma is, I doubt it could be minified enough to fit into those windows. My guess is that softkill here refers to the system automatically deloying smoke. This video would also reinforce that theory as it shows a couple shots where the smoke launchers activated

On 13/05/2022 at 16:06, WreckingAres283 said:

MBT-Revolution-121.jpg?zoom=2&resize=150 ROSY smoke screen System with 40mm granades, pivotable - Manual and System controlled 

Not pivotable

medal

• WreckingAres283 changed the title to Leopard 2 MBT "Technologieträger": The Advanced Protected Leopard (Archived)