TYPE 16 MCV (C5)

Do you want another MCV to boost the Japanese 9.0 lineup ?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want another MCV to boost the Japanese 9.0 lineup ?

• Yes !
    • No...

On 04/06/2022 at 22:50, I_NAMELESS_I said:

4) A mysterious devices under both side of the hull. I have no idea what is the purpose of this device.

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently this device passed over to the new Mobile Fighting Vehicle, and it seems to be just a lamp to light up the tires ?

4nqt031.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJGVDQTam5Y&ab_channel=フロンティア9151

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/10/2022 at 01:50, I_NAMELESS_I said:

Apparently this device passed over to the new Mobile Fighting Vehicle, and it seems to be just a lamp to light up the tires ?

4nqt031.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJGVDQTam5Y&ab_channel=フロンティア9151

Tactical drip

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

I highly doubt that we need another type 16 version then ICV based on Patria IFV is about to be adopted into JSDF, althouh  i'm highly sceptical of their turret choice. It looks like they choose OTO MALARA HITFIS turret system which caused unmesurable ammounts of pain in the **** for Polish army. Ammount of trouble with clearing malfunctions was so great that it caused at lest two separate  projects of improving it's dreadfull reliabilty (or at least it caused a lot of trouble for Polish contingent in Iraq) finishing will all new turret system. Like i understand that Japaneese are smaller than Poles but i think that clearing turret ring malfunction that required getting outside of the vehicle is not an expirience i wish on any enemy. I hope they will get at leas some improved variant of HITFIST (which they propably will get as moust of the kinks should have been worked out, but with integration of new systems usually comes new problems and they have their own ATGM's).

• Confused 1
medal

3 hours ago, Radeon77pl said:

I highly doubt that we need another type 16 version then ICV based on Patria IFV is about to be adopted into JSDF, althouh  i'm highly sceptical of their turret choice. It looks like they choose OTO MALARA HITFIS turret system which caused unmesurable ammounts of pain in the **** for Polish army. Ammount of trouble with clearing malfunctions was so great that it caused at lest two separate  projects of improving it's dreadfull reliabilty (or at least it caused a lot of trouble for Polish contingent in Iraq) finishing will all new turret system. Like i understand that Japaneese are smaller than Poles but i think that clearing turret ring malfunction that required getting outside of the vehicle is not an expirience i wish on any enemy. I hope they will get at leas some improved variant of HITFIST (which they propably will get as moust of the kinks should have been worked out, but with integration of new systems usually comes new problems and they have their own ATGM's).

I would like at least one more type 16, as a premium, just like how Italy has a premium centauro and TT centauros, and the UK has a premium rooikat and TT rooikats, Japan could have a premium type 16 and the current TT type 16s.

I would prefer the 4th prototype because of the looks tho

medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

• Thanks 2