• No.
  2. 2. What BR should it get?

• 11.3 or lower
    • 11.7 to 12.0
    • 12.3 to 12.7
    • 13.0 or higher
    • No.

Hi Guys. :)

Today i want to Suggest the latest Prototype coming out of the factory at Rheinmetall. The KF51.

KF51-3-1024x683.jpg

Background.

On June 13 2022 Rheinmetall officially presented their latest tank at the Eurosatory 2022 show. I bring a new Turret on a heavily modified Leopard 2A4 hull chassis. With the latest gun being the Rh-130 L/51 130mm Cannon.

Due to this being a new Prototype. Not much is known about the KF51. The tank showcases it's abillity to uprade old Leopard 2 hulls from the ground up to the very latest standards of Main Battle Tanks. The tank has a new Turret able to carry the 130 mm L/51 is showcased to be loaded by an autoloader. However the amount of Crew is still 4 with a Driver, Gunner, Comander and a Drone/Radio operator.

The Armor is completly classified. But from my guesstimation. It seems to be a significant uprade to the Current Leopard 2A7 currently in service with the German military. Using what appears to be Composite Side skirts and Turret cheecks simular to the Leopard 2A4 Revolution.

After the showcase. It is believed to be one of the main contenders for Germany's next tank acquisition alongside the Franco/German EMBT program.

One of the main interresting features of this tank is it's abilities is it's Drone launcher on top of the Turret. It is able to use to both for reconnaissance and kamakazi strikes simular to the US Switchblades.

NuA3Jh7.jpeg

The Rh-130 L/51 130mm Smoothbore cannon background.

Going into specific details about the 130mm cannon is that it is intended to counter the most modern tanks in the world like the Russian T-14 Armata. The Ammunition for the L/52 is believed to both DM-73 APFSDS in a larger cartridge, A Next Generation of APFSDS which uses a semi combustible cartridge case, A programable HE round which can be both an Airburst or an Impact round, And a Anti Bunker round which in War Thunder would work similar to APHE.

The L/52 cannon is said to have a 50% increase in Performance comparred to the Rh-120 L/55 120mm gun. So if we take the DM-73 APFSDS which is said to have a penetration of around 850mm to 950 mm against RHA while using the 120mm L/55. But if we use this shell in the 130mm L/52 cannon the Penetration could be around 1050mm to 1150mm against RHA.

unknown.png

Armor speculation.

While the both the Armor layout and NERA elements of the turret is currently unknown. The best speculation that could be brought for the turret is that it would most likely be better than the Leopard 2A7 variants. And guessing from the pictures I would argue that the turret front is aprotimatly 1000mm of RHA and the turret sides being diffirent. And there is also the possibility that the turret are using armored screens like the ingame Leopard 2A5 both in the Front and Side turret.

As for the main hull armor. It is believed to be identical to the standard Leopard 2A4.

Imagespam

Spoiler

PHOTO-2022-06-13-08-41-54-1024x768.jpg

IMG_4708.jpg

unknown.png

Panther_3_breit.jpg

KF51-Panther_Rheinmetall.jpg

KF51-2-1024x683.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

FVIpZTFWAAMahun.jpeg

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

dd8308fa9857cc194528a63f80f7e7e8.jpg

Hero-120 Loitering munitions

wyUrT7J.png

https://uvisionuav.com/portfolio-view/hero-120/

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/hero-120-loitering-munition-selected-for-usmc-opf-m-system-requirement

TAPS - Top Attack Protection System - Roof APS

RPantherKf518-1024x585.png

Cameras and sensors overview

unknown.png

Rear Autoloaders without the Hero-120 Drone launchers

FkFycO1XgAIV4mF.png

specifications.

unknown.png

In War Thunder

In War Thunder i believe this tank could be perfect for an end of the line German Ground Tree Vehicle. When we eventually get to the most modern vehicles currently in service. And i guess this would be a great vehicle at a future BR of over 12.0.

Endnote

Hope you like the Suggestion. And if i made any errors please feel free to respond. And i will see you in Battle. :salute:

Sources

Rheinmetall – Panther KF51 main battle tank (rheinmetall-defence.com)

Rheinmetall - Latest News

Ελληνικός Στρατός: Χτίζοντας το μέλλον των ελληνικών Τεθωρακισμένων, η περίπτωση των νέων αρμάτων μάχης Panther Kf-51 - Defence Review

Weltpremiere des mittleren Kampfpanzers KF51 Panther (esut.de)

Rheinmetall Debuts KF51 Panther Main Battle Tank At Eurosatory 2022 - MilitaryLeak

KF51 Panther – Rheinmetall stellt Kampfpanzer mit 130-mm-Kanone vor | STERN.de

ronkainen7k15

Edited by eleks12
more sources.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• eleks12 changed the title to KF51 Panther
  • Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion:goodsnail:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

the hull of the panther is the hull of a 2A4 with external composite add on so it should be sligthly above the Strv 122 level of protection but still remain weak compared to a 2A7

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

hell yes (for when gaijin decides to introduce the T-14)

1 hour ago, WreckingAres283 said:

....yea...nice.......

@WreckingAres283too slow my man :D

Edited by dotEXCEL
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

44 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

@WreckingAres283too slow my man :D

Slow ?  I do it at least thoroughly and with effort ... Not that I mentioned it often enough that I would make it ... :vnezapno:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, WreckingAres283 said:

Slow ?  I do it at least thoroughly and with effort ... Not that I mentioned it often enough that I would make it ... :vnezapno:

i know it was a joke, just post your suggestion in here as addon to the OP's @WreckingAres283

Edited by dotEXCEL
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, dotEXCEL said:

i know it was a joke, just post your suggestion in here as addon to the OP's @WreckingAres283

I definitily won´t waste my time for that, either I make the suggestion or not at all

I don´t even start thinking about doing an "additional" suggestion when there is one already, no matter how bad it is

(not refering to this one)

Edited by WreckingAres283
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, WreckingAres283 said:

I definitily won´t waste my time for that, either I make it or not

would increase the chance of consideration... but hey... suit yourself :lol2:

• Confused 1

would increase the chance of consideration

You can suggest this thing a thousend times or even spam post "KF-51 when ?" all day, neither will affect the consideration or implimentaion into the game in any way - I won´t waste a day of work for a 50% / additional suggestion  

... but hey... suit yourself

??

Edited by WreckingAres283
I am still pissed
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, PlanyKaanere said:

Will add it to the OP. Can see i didn't mention the loitering munitions that much while being a key part of this new machine! :salute:

On 6/14/2022 at 12:43 AM, eleks12 said:

Armor speculation.

While the both the Armor layout and NERA elements of the turret is currently unknown. The best speculation that could be brought for the turret is that it would most likely be better than the Leopard 2A7 variants. And guessing from the pictures I would argue that the turret front is aprotimatly 1000mm of RHA and the turret sides being diffirent. And there is also the possibility that the turret are using armored screens like the ingame Leopard 2A5 both in the Front and Side turret.

As for the main hull armor. It is believed to be identical to the standard Leopard 2A4.

The tanks are lightweight for the huge guns, many added components and external modules.

Following the logic Gaijin uses against Japan, the armor on the KF51 would be worse than the 2A7 (or Strv122).

medal medal medal

On 14/06/2022 at 14:17, Arakneo said:

the hull of the panther is the hull of a 2A4 with external composite add on so it should be sligthly above the Strv 122 level of protection but still remain weak compared to a 2A7

For Sure it is not a 2A4 Hull. It is going to participate for the new Tank after the Leopard 2 for the Bundeswehr. 

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, TERVEPIG3 said:

For Sure it is not a 2A4 Hull. It is going to participate for the new Tank after the Leopard 2 for the Bundeswehr. 

yeah sorry but the version that was shown at eurosatory is cleary a modified 2A4, even the turret armored block remain those of a 2A4 as shown here 

Spoiler

credits goes at scav for the picunknown.png

wich make sense with the 59t figures.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal