General Dynamics F-16A "Netz"

Israeli F-16A Netz  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should the F-16A Netz be added to the Israel air tree?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What BR should the F-16A Netz be placed at?

• 12.3 or above
    • I voted no

General Dynamics F-16A "Netz"

ltwmIgm.jpeg

Brief History:

Spoiler

Between 1980 and 1981 Israel received its very first order of 75 F-16A/B block 10's from the United States under the Peace Marble program. 18 of these F-16A's and 8 F-16B's were originally block 5 but immediately upgraded to the block 10 standard. They were nicknamed the "Netz" (Hebrew for 'falcon') by the IDF/AF.

On June 7th, 1981 Israel launched a surprise airstrike on an Iraqi nuclear reactor that was about to become operational. Eight F-16A's loaded up with ground strike weapons were joined by six air support F-15A's in the attack. Sixteen Mark 84 bombs were released by the Netz fighters, eight of which hit their target, destroying the facility. One of the F-16's that took part in the operation, Netz 107, went on to score 6.5 air-to-air kills (one of which was shared with another aircraft).

Out of all 67 F-16 aerial victories, 47 of them are credited to the Israeli Air Force.

Specifications : (F-16A Block 10)

Spoiler

Length: 15.0 m

Height: 5.0 m

Wingspan: 10.0 m

Wing area: 27.87m² (300ft²)

Powerplant: (1)  Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-200 afterburning turbofan engine

Thrust

Military power: 63,900 N

Afterburner: 105,720 N

Max Speed: Mach 2

Service ceiling: 15,250m (50,000 ft)

Weight:

Empty weight: 8,272 kg (18,238 lb)

Max T-O weight: 19,186 kg (42,300 lb)

Internal fuel capacity: 3,925 liters (1,073 gal)

External fuel tanks

• 300 US gal (1,135 liters) - centerline pylon
  • 370 US gal (1,400 liters) - inner wing pylons

Avionics:

• AN/APG-66 radar
  • AN/ALR-69(V) radar warning receiver

Countermeasures: (6) AN/ALE-40 CMD - 30 each (180 total) - two mounted on vert. stabilizer spine, two integrated near airbrakes, and two more between the rear ventral fins

Cannon : M61A1 Vulcan (512 rounds, 4000 or 6000 RPM)

A-A Missiles:

• AIM-9H/-9L Sidewinder
  • Rafael Python 3

A-G Ordnance:

• Mark 82 (LDGP, Snakeye)
  • Mark 83
  • Mark 84 LDGP
  • AGM-65B Maverick
  • Hydra 70mm rockets

Stores Loading (F-16A) and Photos:

Spoiler

lzYwq4h.png

qQ2n1Me.png

G7mkBNP.png

Photos:

Spoiler

ZHymd5s.png

8Yacxz7.png

L2c07eT.png

3gHVltq.png

jUh6DCg.png

Fua0elS.png

pb8JiyQ.jpeg

F8CbHXo.jpeg

Videos:

Spoiler

Sources:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :fixsnail:

• 2 months later...

GBU-8, as noted in the SAC loadouts, could be carried as well. Given this is an EO guided bomb, it could be operated organically by the Netz, unlike the laser guided options. It is unlikely that Israel received any of the IR guided GBU-8/Bs as the KMU-359/B seeker kit was only produced in extremely limited quantities and I doubt it would have made the jump to Israel.

+1 Either way, I have been waiting a very long time for an F-16 to be added and I feel that it would fit perfectly into the current top tier, as well as saving the currently stale Israeli air tree (Israel has not received a single tech tree aircraft since the tree's addition nearly 1 year ago, the only aircraft added at all being the ported premiums from other nations and the event Kfir C.2). The prospect of Python 3s and 9Ls is also a great option for air, and the lack of radar guided munitions keeps the aircraft in a good spot to be added in the current meta. In terms of gameplay, consider it an F-5E with the glaring issues fixed. Combined with the Kurnass 2000 or Super Phantom for the BVR side of things, Israel stands ready to make a breakthrough into the top tier air meta, if only Gaijin would add the aircraft.

Edited by n434rh
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

17 hours ago, n434rh said:

GBU-8, as noted in the SAC loadouts, could be carried as well. Given this is an EO guided bomb, it could be operated organically by the Netz, unlike the laser guided options. It is unlikely that Israel received any of the IR guided GBU-8/Bs as the KMU-359/B seeker kit was only produced in extremely limited quantities and I doubt it would have made the jump to Israel.

+1 Either way, I have been waiting a very long time for an F-16 to be added and I feel that it would fit perfectly into the current top tier, as well as saving the currently stale Israeli air tree (Israel has not received a single tech tree aircraft since the tree's addition nearly 1 year ago, the only aircraft added at all being the ported premiums from other nations and the event Kfir C.2). The prospect of Python 3s and 9Ls is also a great option for air, and the lack of radar guided munitions keeps the aircraft in a good spot to be added in the current meta. In terms of gameplay, consider it an F-5E with the glaring issues fixed. Combined with the Kurnass 2000 or Super Phantom for the BVR side of things, Israel stands ready to make a breakthrough into the top tier air meta, if only Gaijin would add the aircraft.

Everything you say is true and I agree with you, if they introduce the F-16A to Israel is going to be the plane that the Kfir C7 would have been if only gaijin introduced him to the game with the designated pod for guided bombs which is proven to have had and his python 3 missiles, For this update they are still in time to give a second life to the Kfir C7, if they do not change anything of the Kfir C7 for this update is going to be a huge disappointment and more as they do not add a new top tier plane when they know perfectly well that israel needs both and this update is a great opportunity to give it both or at least One of them would be the armament upgrade for Kfir.

Edited by ComodoroRinke
medal medal

On 11/10/2022 at 08:24, n434rh said:

I hope gaijin will implement Israeli air-to-ground munitions, as there are many many many of them.

SPICE, AGM-142, MLGB, LAHAT, GATR, etc...

medal medal medal medal

40 minutes ago, ofekk213 said:

I hope gaijin will implement Israeli air-to-ground munitions, as there are many many many of them.

SPICE, AGM-142, MLGB, LAHAT, GATR, etc...

I already put up a suggestion for GATR but it was removed within a few hours.

SPICE is unlikely unless you're talking about EC maps, which will only make it more frustrating as people will be waiting several minutes just to realize someone else already took out their targets.

medal medal

• 4 weeks later...

Would definitely be interesting.
6x Python IIIs (or a mixed loadout of 9Ls and Pythons) sounds like an absolutely terrifying prospect, especially on a plane that has already really good acceleration and turning performance.
No matter what nation it comes for, the F-16 is gonna be an absolute monster

medal medal

• Technical Moderator

I believe F16A can be added if AIM9L's flare resistance is nerfed, 9L's flare resistance should not be so much better than 9D/G. Basically a larger and faster F-5E

• Confused 3

One last thing I noticed wasn't mentioned, the F-16A Netz would be able to carry 180 flares, not 120. The F-16A has a pair of integrated 30 round dispensers just forward of the air brakes (this changes based on exact aircraft and variant, most have 1, some have 2 or 3 per side, the Netz specifically should only have one per side)

image.png.51fc09f54886a80e6943f8cf8b2956
Israeli F-16Bs would only have 120 as they lost the flares on the spine but retain the integrated and ventral dispensers.

Edited by n434rh
medal medal

2 hours ago, n434rh said:

One last thing I noticed wasn't mentioned, the F-16A Netz would be able to carry 180 flares, not 120. The F-16A has a pair of integrated 30 round dispensers just forward of the air brakes (this changes based on exact aircraft and variant, most have 1, some have 2 or 3 per side, the Netz specifically should only have one per side)

image.png.51fc09f54886a80e6943f8cf8b2956
Israeli F-16Bs would only have 120 as they lost the flares on the spine but retain the integrated and ventral dispensers.

How do you get 180 from that? Four 30-round dispensers is 120. The Netz photos both of us have provided only show 2 on the underside and 2 on the dorsal spine.

medal medal medal

11 hours ago, InterFleet said:

I believe F16A can be added if AIM9L's flare resistance is nerfed, 9L's flare resistance should not be so much better than 9D/G. Basically a larger and faster F-5E

Wut are you saying? if the F-16 is coming to israel it would carry Python 3s, Aim-9H/L as the first missiles and the final upgrade will be the Python 3.

medal medal

12 hours ago, InterFleet said:

9L flare resistance is 'okay' in my opinion. The real danger is trying to flare a 9L approaching from the rear with full view of your engine. Even with AB off it can be challenging to decoy, but that is true to life as well. Front and side aspect 9L's are relatively tame as long as you are paying attention. Definitely not game breaking enough to prevent Israel from getting their Netz.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal