BM-31-12 needs improvements to be workable

pamww@psn

4 minutes ago, pamww@psn said:

Quote me what exactly the "answer" is also im literally suggesting corrections and improvements to a vehicles that reserves much luxury of having them, yet you people for no reason are desperate and literally don't want it to have improvements.

But that is somehow arguing for the sake of argument? How?? Elaborate?

I literally told you what to do if you think there are changes it needs.

What I think is not relevant. 

You cannot improve it in a way that it both stays historical and becomes remotely playable or effective against tanks because it was literally not designed with that in mind. 

Its. A. Meme. Vehicle. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

Just now, _Zekken said:

I literally told you what to do if you think there are changes it needs.

What I think is not relevant. 

You cannot improve it in a way that it both stays historical and becomes remotely playable or effective against tanks because it was literally not designed with that in mind. 

Its. A. Meme. Vehicle. 

"I literally told you what to do if you think there are changes it needs."

What??

"You cannot improve it in a way that it both stays historical and becomes remotely playable or effective against tanks because it was literally not designed with that in mind."

It literally can, few degrees of better suspension inclination and ~50m/s slower velocity alone are enough, 

Lower BR goes without mention.

Are we ignoring all the artificial buffs and nerfs gajijn did on vehicles?

"Its. A. Meme. Vehicle. " real desperation 

4 minutes ago, pamww@psn said:

"I literally told you what to do if you think there are changes it needs."

What??

"You cannot improve it in a way that it both stays historical and becomes remotely playable or effective against tanks because it was literally not designed with that in mind."

It literally can, few degrees of better suspension inclination and ~50m/s slower velocity alone are enough, 

Lower BR goes without mention.

Are we ignoring all the artificial buffs and nerfs gajijn did on vehicles?

"Its. A. Meme. Vehicle. " real desperation 

Then go and report it! With the valid historical documents showing that its incorrect! 

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder

Theres your link. Stop going in circles because you refuse to accept the answer that multiple people have given you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

3 minutes ago, richthofen122 said:

Was it historically possible to have the launcher in a level position, so we could shoot forwards? As well as elevate it a bit for aiming? This fixed +7 degrees(?) sure are tough to get used to.

That is already an ahistorical concession to it (and the BM-13N) being special. They explained it as lowering tirepressure and/or "digging" underneath the front tires a bit.
Best regards,
Phil

---------------- Manual signature until those and profile pics are returned ----------------
Bring back forum profile pictures and signatures!
https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/578365-return-custom-avatar/

My complete tech trees (incl. all special vehicles) spreadsheet is updated to match 2.23 (only accurate atm for list & status of vehicles): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13bjEgsDhTjJhXt9N4fzIzvWa7cvy-KSDQc1HNNOZuaI/edit Contains probably all vehicles WT has published.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Target1331 said:

That is already an ahistorical concession to it (and the BM-13N) being special. They explained it as lowering tirepressure and/or "digging" underneath the front tires a bit.
Best regards,
Phil

---------------- Manual signature until those and profile pics are returned ----------------
Bring back forum profile pictures and signatures!
https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/578365-return-custom-avatar/

My complete tech trees (incl. all special vehicles) spreadsheet is updated to match 2.23 (only accurate atm for list & status of vehicles): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13bjEgsDhTjJhXt9N4fzIzvWa7cvy-KSDQc1HNNOZuaI/edit Contains probably all vehicles WT has published.

Thanks.

medal medal medal

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but I've been killed twice so far by the meme vehicle :lol2:

Once on Sinai where they had reversed up a semi cliff and had got themselves into a position where the vehicle was safely covered behind a building/rock and I could only see the launcher.

Copped that one right in the face.

Once on (I think) Ash River where I was in an elevated position and they shot up at me.

Vehicle is just a bit of fun and it was completely obvious before even starting to grind it that any success was going to be highly situational.

If the changes being asked for are historically accurate, then sure, lets have them....  if not, suck it up! 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Ranger_NCR said:

All the "Its a meme vehicle" replies are funny and all, but for a vehicle you had to grind for it ought to have SOME usability and be atleast competitive on its BR.

Wait till he hears about the po-2 and po-2m

it is just a meme vehicle, you could get kills with it, but will or should it be competitve? nah

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, _Zekken said:

Then go and report it! With the valid historical documents showing that its incorrect! 

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder

Theres your link. Stop going in circles because you refuse to accept the answer that multiple people have given you. 

That is literally not an argument, I already disputed amd discarded the "historical/realism" argument, there are many artificial nerf and buffs gajijn did to vehicles, if that's what you've been keeping till I went to sleep good job but now it's nothing.

3 hours ago, WT_CT_Center said:

Wait till he hears about the po-2 and po-2m

it is just a meme vehicle, you could get kills with it, but will or should it be competitve? nah

Except Po-2 can perform much better relatively that this.

As it's easier to get on one's tail especially at such a low BR.

Than it is to setup a direct firing position, while also ensuring that it's not too exposed accounting for the dynamics of the match, which are too quick for an artillery piece.

But were it to recieve better suspension inclination, worse velocity and Lower BR it would be much more doable.

an M22 at top tier can perform better than this thing can at it's own tier.

3 hours ago, Lt_PeteMitchell said:

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but I've been killed twice so far by the meme vehicle :lol2:

Once on Sinai where they had reversed up a semi cliff and had got themselves into a position where the vehicle was safely covered behind a building/rock and I could only see the launcher.

Copped that one right in the face.

Once on (I think) Ash River where I was in an elevated position and they shot up at me.

Vehicle is just a bit of fun and it was completely obvious before even starting to grind it that any success was going to be highly situational.

If the changes being asked for are historically accurate, then sure, lets have them....  if not, suck it up! 

So ignoring all the historical inaccurate changes as artificial nerf and buffs?

Also it doesn't require to be situational with a few slight improvements.

Not only that, 30kg TNT should have a destruction radius and not require a direct hit.

Hitting barrel shouldn't only destroy barrel.

It shouldn't be 4.0 where probabilities of getting an indirect kill are even worse.

Just because "meme" doesn't mean

1. That it shouldn't recieve improvements 

2. It's not even meme to begin with if none is having success or any kind of accomplishment with it, I could watch the killfeed playing this all day, in fact I have for the previous 2 days, and I've yet to see anyone score a kill except for me.

So boring to read that "it's a meme vehicle" as a justification for its uselessness. As the op says, it would be a fun "meme vehicle" at 1.0. At 4.0 it's just a way overranked useless vehicle. It's like putting Po-2 at 9.0, because you know, it's a "meme vehicle". Well, put it at 1.0 and I'll take it to 9.0 if I want to.

Edited by _retro__gamer_
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

To the people who think the vehicle is useless, or that gaijin has scammed you, it just seems to me like you've set very unrealistic expectations for a niche meme vehicle. People should've known this vehicle is gonna be very limited in it's effectiveness from the get go. I grinded it cause I knew it was gonna be a stupid vehicle which I can have a little fun with.

I've used it a bit and have had fun using it, if you want tips for playing it my main suggestion would be to improve your positioning, you need to find good positions where you can sit and do indirect fire, or where you can wedge the back of your vehicle up something to get more depression and fire straight.

If you wanna have fun doing indirect fire, take advantage of the cap point indicators which show you the distance (at least in realistic mode). Use that to set your range, wait for the enemy to start capping, and fire off a salvo, it's generally lightly armoured vehicles or wheeled vehicles who rush caps and you can get good hits on them. You can also use the size of the grid squares shown on the map at the bottom right to get an approximate distance on marked enemies.

Spoiler

Screenshot_559.png

another BM-31 did the same thing and got 2 kills

Screenshot_560.png

Screenshot_566.png

Screenshot_567.png

medal medal medal medal medal