[Event] Pages of History (June) (Feedback thread)

Stona_WT

I remember when actually call of duty WW2 got sued by some countries when they add accurate nazi uniforms xD  let's hope rest of the countries lift the ban on the nazi usage in video games, I mean germany has lifted the banned lol 

• Like 1
medal

This game seems broken i really dont care if they keep adding soviet profile pictures instead of the German ones. Im just wondering why need to wait almost 1 year in batle lobby to find a game on such event( batle of normandie). For some reason people are not playing this event. Pass years and the game its getting more and more empty specially on the Air SB lobbys and the this Event its totally unplayable there is no people to join it just need to spend more than an 1 hours or even more to find a batle.

If they spend time creating Soviet profile picture about a Regime who killed many peoples in Gulags and killed their on civilians instead of creat a decent event well, this is not our fault. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

The game is already getting a lot of negative feedbacks without adding Axis figures ! Its already getting a lot of negatives ! This a excuse to add the soviet figures its a FACT. 

Just stop with the excuses like " We are afraid to have even more negative feedbacks" comeon...

The game just gave attention for AB and RB player base while they dont care about the Sim community players. 

Even the events they make for AB/RB while most of the rewards and missions are made for Arcade and Realistic( Golden warges, Vehicle events, etc)

The next excuse gonna be " More than 50% of our player base its AB/RB" so lets Simulator player base aside.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator
19 hours ago, Threashold said:

I remember when actually call of duty WW2 got sued by some countries when they add accurate nazi uniforms xD  let's hope rest of the countries lift the ban on the nazi usage in video games, I mean germany has lifted the banned lol 

We even had Historical emblems/logos and roundels for Italian Aircraft at the very beginning, but not long after it was found out that they also violate laws in some countries where Gaijin hosts their servers or people can play, so certain emblems/logos had to be removed and roundels edited     

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pacifica said:

We even had Historical emblems/logos and roundels for Italian Aircraft at the very beginning, but not long after it was found out that they also violate laws in some countries where Gaijin hosts their servers or people can play, so certain emblems/logos had to be removed and roundels edited     

Aye! Let's hope for the better, who knows maybe in the future the world laws may consider this ? Thank you for explaining it, have a great day :)

• Like 1
medal

On 02/06/2023 at 22:42, Thodin said:

These pages of history events are so one-sided. Why is there never an axis avatar to unlock? 

I also play alot other wargames, they don't have these one-sided phenomenon. I just remember Steel Division, where you could play original divisions with portait images of the commanding officers, you could even spawn Wittman's Tiger E with his portrait atteached.... And here? Total silence....

Here is the official statement on why there is and wont be any Axis avatars. 

We don't plan to add avatars of the Axis countries in these events. There are serious fears of getting much more negative feedback from the general public than these infrequent requests.
There is no desire to figure out who is a Nazi, who is a war criminal, etc. They are all members of an aggressive military block, waged an offensive war and lost it, leaving a purely negative mark on history.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

On 29/05/2023 at 14:33, KasaneDevAcc said:

We don't plan to add avatars of the Axis countries in these events. There are serious fears of getting much more negative feedback from the general public than these infrequent requests.
There is no desire to figure out who is a Nazi, who is a war criminal, etc. They are all members of an aggressive military block, waged an offensive war and lost it, leaving a purely negative mark on history.

Based

• Confused 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, magazine2 said:

Here is the official statement on why there is and wont be any Axis avatars. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_the_Baltic_states

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Poland

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_War

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_crimes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excess_mortality_in_the_Soviet_Union_under_Joseph_Stalin

Are you going to tell me that what you just said doesn't also apply to the Red Army and Soviet Union?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

It kinda makes sense when these countries where is illegal to display nazi flags. as well as anything related to the nazi.  so I think adding anything related may consider some limits/ban on the game in some countries. as you can see, GERMANY! doesn't banned it in video games and movies, but unfortunately rest of the world bans it. 

image.png.5a6c9816f4d94903b18130e007b99b

So adding things like these in the game may get the game a huge punch. 

Edited by Threashold
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

no wonder i hate this game so much. stupid nitpicking by gaijin, always taking the safest route.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Bruce_R1 said:

Russian-owned game takes the pro-Russian position on WW2. Yeah, that's a puzzler.

10 hours ago, eggo_doggo said:

no wonder i hate this game so much. stupid nitpicking by gaijin, always taking the safest route.

10 hours ago, Threashold said:

It kinda makes sense when these countries where is illegal to display nazi flags. as well as anything related to the nazi.  so I think adding anything related may consider some limits/ban on the game in some countries. as you can see, GERMANY! doesn't banned it in video games and movies, but unfortunately rest of the world bans it. 

image.png.5a6c9816f4d94903b18130e007b99b

So adding things like these in the game may get the game a huge punch. 

^ That....

It puzzles me.... what part of "Game will be banned in many Countries"  that people do not understand ?!?!!?!......................... it is Ironic to the max, the ones that are complying would no long have access to the game since it would be banned in their country..... 

Did anyone read the ToS, EULA that they signed to play ??...

But... Anyway................. we have gone over this enough, everything that has been said has been said and nothing will change... 

• Upvote 1

Public display is something different than video game with historic elements. Following this WT should be banned here long ago becausue it uses communist symbols and those are in here banned as well on equal terms with nazi ones. Steel division 2 doesn't seem to have problem with differentiating those two things.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Public display is something different than video game with historic elements. Following this WT should be banned here long ago becausue it uses communist symbols and those are in here banned as well on equal terms with nazi ones. Steel division 2 doesn't seem to have problem with differentiating those two things.

Call of duty WW2

wolfenstein the new order 

battlefield V

Sniperelite2/ 3 and so on

and other ww2 games have alot of german symbol-censor banned. I mean yes WT can display these symbols but it will be just banned in some countries. 

PS: you can see in that picture germany allows these symbols in video games and movies. other countries don't 

It's just not the nazi flag is banned, but everything related to the nazi itself, no wonder WW2 games like stated above, dose change the face of historical Nazi generals, knowing that anything related to that party will get their games a big blast. 

As well as also It doesn't matter who changed the war for good like the  stated nazi pilots. Yes they did some good things but afterall they were members of offensive war party. The countries won't care if they are good or no when it comes to their ban.law

Anyways actually no matter what we say and how many times we say it over and over.. I guess It won't change their ToS which makes sense as per as the picture I sent above.  even If this topic went endless.  it won't change a thing..  so I think we should really just stop repeating ourselves over and over.

Edited by Threashold
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
medal