User Skins - Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, seems that all the hours I spent creating skins for Live for Speed wasn't a total loss :). When dev server opens again I'll post some of my skins.

medal

So, I'm working on this russian P-40B skin... I just need to see how it looks in game so I can see what needs to be fixed.

[spoiler]1_1_b3.jpg
K622sna.jpg[/spoiler]

medal

Here:

[spoiler]

Shot_2014.04.04_22.27.22.jpg

[/spoiler]

My notes:

change the colour of red rectangle to red of star.

Paint on green cocpit frame (beetwen right wing and fuselage on texture and those white lines beeetwen tail section of fuselage..)

Green should't be visible over red&white 58. It was painted as last.

The white pannel conneted to left side of controls pannel paint green aswell

Part of the Star on rudder move 6 pixels up and 4 to the tail.

Thats all what I could do in 10 minutes. time to sleep.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

This is how it looks now.
[spoiler]XCpgkEe.jpg[/spoiler]

I removed some of the lines and fixed some things.

I have a few questions. How do I make the damage look transparent instead of black? And when the propeller start spinning the white "cone shaped thing" turns black and the yellow tip disappear, why?

medal

how do you paint it so clear and clean that you see the lines ?

I'm using the Wings of Prey template. The lines are separated layers.

medal

I'm using the Wings of Prey template. The lines are separated layers.

I used them as well for my Skins i made haha.

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/122810-harveyp1-portofolio/

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Guys, try to make lines etc. without templates from WoP ;)

haha Well IL:2 WoP Skins are the exact same due to the fact it is technically the same game! You try it :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

haha Well IL:2 WoP Skins are the exact same due to the fact it is technically the same game! You try it :)

Not all, just compare P-47D and P-51D skins from WT with WoP skins of these planes.

Btw.

Currently I'm working on templates for P-47D.

How it's look for now:

[spoiler]

13747722595_702b33552d_o.jpg

13747719455_f60407e0c5_o.jpg

13747763975_d93b1e0a0b_o.jpg

[/spoiler]

Edited by RideR2
medal medal medal medal

The quality isn't the same though.

I've tried several WoP skns so far and most important differences to ingame skins were first the texture quality (basicly much less dirt, scratches and other minor detailing) and second WoP uses different normal maps, means if you try to use a normal map form a WoP skin ingame it will looks horribly shiny and oversharpen.

While it certainly is aan alternative to use WoP skins or teamplates, it's better to use WT skin templates instead mainly.

medal medal

The quality isn't the same though.

I've tried several WoP skns so far and most important differences to ingame skins were first the texture quality (basicly much less dirt, scratches and other minor detailing) and second WoP uses different normal maps, means if you try to use a normal map form a WoP skin ingame it will looks horribly shiny and oversharpen.

While it certainly is aan alternative to use WoP skins or teamplates, it's better to use WT skin templates instead mainly.

It actually is way better quality and easier to edit. Look at my portfolio clean and dirty ones were easy to make with in one click. :) They look great too!

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/122810-harveyp1-portofolio/

hi sorry but i dont know where to ask so here goes Cough Ahem....with the introdutction of user skins and decals is there a request topic and or forum before you guys get overloaded with requests lol :salute:

medal medal medal

hi sorry but i dont know where to ask so here goes Cough Ahem....with the introdutction of user skins and decals is there a request topic and or forum before you guys get overloaded with requests lol :salute:

gF_eyl2RipDrYJjcy1rQ.png   

http://wtskins.boards.net/

Here is mine and was started a while back. I already took up one request and finished it but need to upload it tonight. Register and enjoy :)

Hi, I have a skin I want to make, but I'm not very good (or patient) with art tools such as GIMP and photoshop. The first one I'm trying to make is of Memphis Belle. 

[spoiler]

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

[/spoiler]

But what I'm having trouble with the most is applying a custom nose art to it.

For the left side:

[spoiler]8acdc69f49c3e0d0d77722bbaaaedffe.png[/spoiler]

For the right side of the nose:

[spoiler]dc50d2fc8f226ee290433d27d5357718.png[/spoiler]

If anyone has expertise with making user skins, can you please help?

Edited by Roberta_Morgan
medal medal medal medal

Does anyone know what stance Gaijin has on the use of "hit box" skins?  

1.  I believe these skins and skins like them, are cheats.

2.  They remove the need to learn and apply tank knowledge, in aiming.

3.  They give an unfair advantage to the user.

Having very little knowledge on how skins are created and implimented, is it even possible to stop/block the use of "hit box" skins or skins similar to them?

I challenge everybody to find how (including file modifications) to force an user made skin to be visible on every aircraft of the kind. What I mean is if I'm flying a custom P40E, I want all other P40Es in the game to have the same custom camo. This is very important for machinimas!

medal medal medal